Clemens performed pretty well but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
We've gotta get a number 2 that can consistently throw an accurate pass. Clemens can manage a run based offense OK...but when you get into a spot like they were today he can't pull the team out.

Granted, if your starter is healthy it doesn't matter...

I think Clemens deserves to be the 3rd QB this next season, but sure would like to see a rookie that has an accurate arm.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
He did better than most of us may have thought he would, and that's the issue. If we have a run game happening, he can be serviceable enough to win. He is NOT going to carry the team if the run game is stuffed. At his age, he's shown what he is, and there is no upside on the horizon. Appreciate his gamesmanship, but we need more.
I want a back-up with some upside.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I've cut Clemens down in the past. But this year he earned my respect. He's limited in throwing the ball but he gives 100% effort with what he can do. If every player competed as hard as he does this season would have had a different landscape.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Clemens did not play well today. He had happy feet and didn't even try to convert third and longs by the end of the third quarter. His accuracy was really shaky, too (not surprising.) We GOTTA get a QB that at least the potential to carry the team if Sammy boy goes down again. Clemens deserves a third string roster spot to groom a small school stud. That's it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Clemens did not play well today. He had happy feet and didn't even try to convert third and longs by the end of the third quarter. His accuracy was really shaky, too (not surprising.) We GOTTA get a QB that at least the potential to carry the team if Sammy boy goes down again. Clemens deserves a third string roster spot to groom a small school stud. That's it.
We should probably try to *not* lose our entire O-line to injury too.

RFIP

Clemons 4 games vs NFC west teams: 2 garbage time TD's, 7 int's, enough said. Without a run game he is exposed for the scrub he is. A hard working, big hearted scrub but none the less a scrub.

Keep in mind that in Sam's 7 games the Rams had ZERO rush TD's but he was 14/4.

Draft Watkins, restore Sam's health and the sky is the limit in 2014.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Clemens 4 games vs NFC west teams: 2 garbage time TD's, 7 int's, enough said. Without a run game he is exposed for the scrub he is. A hard working, big hearted scrub but none the less a scrub.

Keep in mind that in Sam's 7 games the Rams had ZERO rush TD's but he was 14/4.

Draft Watkins, restore Sam's health and the sky is the limit in 2014.

YES!!! You and I are seeing it the same.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The throw that stood out to me today was the over throw to Quick on the one attempt to actually go downfield. Not to sound like a broken record, but this just puts an exclamation point on WHY Quick's development has been stunted since Clemens took over. He has been open like this quite often, but Clemens just doesn't have the ability or confidence to complete this pass.

And for all those Clemens "fans" who continue to say he has better "pocket presence" because he can extend plays...... today you saw why that really is not the case. There's a huge difference from knowing were the pressure is coming from, and just bailing and running for the sake of running, and as was the case today on more than one occasion, running right into more trouble. He got a case of happy feet on the pick six, and basically ran right into the teeth of the pass rush, and was forced to make an off balanced, RUSHED throw.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I'd have happy feet to playing behind the oline that started today

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The throw that stood out to me today was the over throw to Quick on the one attempt to actually go downfield. Not to sound like a broken record, but this just puts an exclamation point on WHY Quick's development has been stunted since Clemens took over. He has been open like this quite often, but Clemens just doesn't have the ability or confidence to complete this pass.

And for all those Clemens "fans" who continue to say he has better "pocket presence" because he can extend plays...... today you saw why that really is not the case. There's a huge difference from knowing were the pressure is coming from, and just bailing and running for the sake of running, and as was the case today on more than one occasion, running right into more trouble. He got a case of happy feet on the pick six, and basically ran right into the teeth of the pass rush, and was forced to make an off balanced, RUSHED throw.

Yah, that particular play was a good example of KC making things even worse. I feel for the guy. He's got the heart and plays as hard as anyone but he's just not very good.
Then again not many QB's will look good with no running game and terrible blocking.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

I still like him as a backup. I said before when Sam went down that the Kellen Clemens Rams could win 4 more games...and he did just that. Against playoff or potential playoff teams. Granted he didn't have to do much in those Ws.

Drafting a rookie in the mid rounds might help, but in case Sam doesn't come back fully healthy in time or has a set back or something, does the team trust Kellen Clemens or some mid round rookie...

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I still like him as a backup. I said before when Sam went down that the Kellen Clemens Rams could win 4 more games...and he did just that. Against playoff or potential playoff teams. Granted he didn't have to do much in those Ws.

Drafting a rookie in the mid rounds might help, but in case Sam doesn't come back fully healthy in time or has a set back or something, does the team trust Kellen Clemens or some mid round rookie...
That's a case of pick your poison.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You know what, sometimes you bet on a horse if he never wins a race. I would pay him as a third all day long. Dude has heart and experience.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We've gotta get a number 2 that can consistently throw an accurate pass. Clemens can manage a run based offense OK...but when you get into a spot like they were today he can't pull the team out.

Granted, if your starter is healthy it doesn't matter...

I think Clemens deserves to be the 3rd QB this next season, but sure would like to see a rookie that has an accurate arm.

Pretty much how I feel. Too many back ups came in for other teams and performed better. He laid a golden egg both games against Seattle when we needed him most.

jap

Legend
Kellen usually plays within his limitations, and he is limited. All of the NFC West teams have stout defenses and are going to give him problems.

Fish is now 14-17-1 in two seasons with the formerly woeful Rams who sported a previous 5-year ledger of 15-65. What a turnaround for a very young team that is just starting to grow!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I've been in Killer's corner since he was forced to take over. He left everything he had out on the field.

I just hope that I don't have to see him back out on the field.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A lot of QBs have looked below average against Sea, SF, and AZ...

I think Clemens did about as well as you could expect for a backup and what appears a very limited offense right now, i.e. no running game, no WR separation.

RFIP

A lot of QBs have looked below average against Sea, SF, and AZ...

I think Clemens did about as well as you could expect for a backup and what appears a very limited offense right now, i.e. no running game, no WR separation.

You have two different statements here; the first I agree with in "A lot of QBs have looked below average against Sea, SF, and AZ..."

But the second; "I think Clemens did about as well as you could expect for a backup and what appears a very limited offense right now, i.e. no running game, no WR separation." Not so much here. Clemens MAJOR problem is without the best run game (Rams were #1 in last 7 weeks) he tries to force the game instead of understanding that a punt it a good thing. 7 ints in 4 division games is ridiculous, and did not allow the Rams to play to their strength which is their defense. Heck if they don't turn it over yesterday the Seahawks would have tried to force things more as their poor O has come under scrutiny these last few weeks itself.