Classless Bears fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I hate to paint an entire fan base with a wide brush...but almost each time I encounter Bears fans I have a negative experience.

Last year when I went to Soldier Field my brother and I had popcorn thrown at us for most of the first half. I also went to the bathroom and on the way back to my seat was asked by a Bears fan, "You're a Rams fan?"...clearly wearing a Rams hoodie and hat it was pretty obvious, but I just nodded with a "yep"...to which the response I got was, "Well fuck you".

Today at the dome there were a couple guys, probably early to mid twenties...every other word out of their mouths was either fuck or jackoff. Now, I have a mouth of a sailor and drop my share of F bombs, especially during a BS call or bad play at a football game...but I think we all know the difference between dropping an F bomb out of frustration and being caught in the moment and just spewing profanity for the sake of hearing yourself say it...and this same couple guys were running their mouth about Ram players and how inferior they were...and how inferior the Rams as an organization and St.Louis as a city was. My buddy who is a Bears fan just kept shaking his head and commenting about how embarrassing they were.

I just find it to be too many circumstances to chalk it up as a coincidence. Not my idea of a model fanbase.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
A lot of Chicago fans are a bunch of drunken, loud, annoying and condescending hoosiers. Just take one good look at what smashes itself into Wrigley Field every new MLB season. Also very fairweather, it sucks for the actual diehard fans, but I guess that's just how people end up in that part of town.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
True story. I made a post about it in Lessons thread earlier.

Whole lotta butthurt going on in the dome today.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
My cousins are Bears fans (mom's side). They aren't like that.

A55VA6

Legend
I live in Northern IL and alot of my friends are Bears fans. Alot of them aren't THAT extreme but they're still pretty bad. I only know a handful of Bears fans that I don't have problems with.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I still think I have the best 'BadFan' story.

During the 99' playoffs I was in Arizona on the way to the Grand Canyon and I stopped at a bar in Flagstaff to watch the Rams/Tampa playoff game. I sat with a guy wearing a Rams shirt. He was very excited, as was expected. I was too, but this guy really liked to cheer and cheer he did. On the other side of the bar was a group of Mexicans that were all cheering for Tampa Bay, very loudly. They looked quite annoyed with my new friend. At half time he went to take a leak and those three douche bags all got up and followed him into the John. I was wondering if he was going to walk out or crawl. To my surprise he walked out unscathed. But, he was as white as a ghost. The three Mexicans came out with smirks on their faces. The guy slowly put his coat on and quietly told me to leave, because those three shitheads put a knife to his throat and told him if they heard another word from him or Me that they would slit our throats. He left. I was a bit scared since I left my Glock in the car but I just didn't go into the bathroom. I figured that they wouldn't get me in public since they were cowards and that would be stupid. Besides, they had to be bluffing right? I wasn't missing the game and when It was over I made sure I walked out with others. They didn't follow, but it still put a damper on a great playoff victory.