Classic Movies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
My favorite Classic Film has got to be Cool Hand Luke and not because of the car washing scene.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
My favorite Classic Film has got to be Cool Hand Luke and not because of the car washing scene.
But you don't dislike the car washing scene, right? That's got to be one of the most provocative scenes on film that didn't involve nudity.

My favorite classic movies:
North by Northwest
The Thin Man series (William Powell and Myrna Loy had really great chemistry)
Charade
Pretty much any Billy Wilder movie (Stalag 17, The Apartment, The Fortune Cookie, Some Like it Hot, and there are more that I fail to recall)
12 Angry Men
2001: A Space Oddysey
Dr. Strangelove

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
But you don't dislike the car washing scene, right? That's got to be one of the most provocative scenes on film that didn't involve nudity.

I love the car washing scene. I was just stating the film is all around good but at the same time getting folks to think of the car washing scene.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some real good movies coming up this week on TCM

Tomorrow night is the 1939 version of Hunchback of Notre Dame

Then Tuesday night , the movie that changed violence in movies forever , the 1967 Bonnie and Clyde , not the most historically accurate , but it does get a few things kinda sorta close anyways

And Thursday night is 1972 The Poseidon Adventure

So if you can't find anything to watch over the next few nights , I highly recommend both Hunchback of Notre Dame and Bonnie And Clyde , both are fantastic films

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I like to watch some of the Alfred Hitchcock movies. And horror movies too. Loved the movie "Them!" with James Arness. Them giant ants scared me as a kid. I like to watch outdoor scenes from back in the day to see what gas or a cafe breakfast used to cost. And I like those cars from the 40's and 50's.

Some black and white westerns were OK back then, but nothing was better than the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Loved his style. I assume they're classic movies, but a little later than some of the older classics with Jimmy Stewart and Audie Murphy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have a DVD and BLU RAY collection of almost 1,000 films spanning from the late 50's to the present. I don't really watch any tv anymore. Haven't had cable or satellite for about 7 years now, but i've always got a movie playing when i'm home(unless i'm gaming). I love films.

Some great ones already posted in here.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I like to watch some of the Alfred Hitchcock movies. And horror movies too. Loved the movie "Them!" with James Arness. Them giant ants scared me as a kid. I like to watch outdoor scenes from back in the day to see what gas or a cafe breakfast used to cost. And I like those cars from the 40's and 50's.

Some black and white westerns were OK back then, but nothing was better than the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns. Loved his style. I assume they're classic movies, but a little later than some of the older classics with Jimmy Stewart and Audie Murphy.
Them !

One of my favorite , 1950's , atomic testing in the desert movies

Have you ever noticed most of those old 1950's sci fi movies had pretty much the same formula

two boys and a girl

One guy was usually the local Police Officer or Military Officer

The other guy was the Newspaper Reporter or Scientist guy

And the girl was usually the assistant to the first guy or the daughter to the second guy

But most all the girls all had one thing in common , or should I say two things

pointy4_zpssloexvri.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
To Kill a Mockingbird is on TCM tonight at 7:00 CST for anyone who has never seen this fine movie

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa