Classic Movies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I don't know if there are any classic movie lovers here

The wife and I are huge fans of them old black and white classic movies they play on Turner Classic Movies , so many great old films on that channel , we watch it all the time

I don't know if there are any Jack Benny fans , but George Washington Slept Here is on TCM tonight , it's probably one of Jack Benny's better films

Forbidden Planet is on tomorrow night

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
Can you recommend me any of the famous monsters movies? I watched The Creature from The Black Lagoon the other day and I loved it! I somehow related to the monster and it made me feel special lol.

P.s. Julie Adams was hot back then!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't know what constitutes a classic. A car is a classic after what? 25 years....so are movies the same?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know what constitutes a classic. A car is a classic after what? 25 years....so are movies the same?
25 years sounds like a good cutoff point , that pretty much covers everything through the 80's

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Good, I love nothing more than a good 80s movie. From the action to the comedy. Just look at the movies that came out in 84. It's amazing.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can you recommend me any of the famous monsters movies? I watched The Creature from The Black Lagoon the other day and I loved it! I somehow related to the monster and it made me feel special lol.

P.s. Julie Adams was hot back then!
The Creature from The Black Lagoon is one of my all time favorites , they actually made two sequel's , but like most sequel's , weren't nearly as good as the original , the second sequel Revenge of the Creature wasn't to bad , but the third one , The Creature Walks Among Us was pretty dumb

But I can recommend just about all the original Universal Monster Movies , The Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr is pretty awesome along with both Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein , this is one of those occasions where the sequel Bride of Frankenstein is actually better , and the original Dracula with Bela Lugosi is awesome as well , but then I love all the original Universal Monster movies and all their sequels

The original King Kong with Fay Wray is in my top 5 movies of all time , still a masterpiece today

Other favorites are 20 Million Miles To Earth with Joan Taylor , but you really can't go wrong with any old Ray Harryhausen movie

The Blob with Steven McQueen

The Hunchback of Notre Dame with Maureen O'Hara

On a side note , Scarlett Johansson has been "offered" the role in a new The Creature from The Black Lagoon remake
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...to-star-in-the-creature-from-the-black-lagoon

51XES7ZKKTL._SY300_.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
How about any Fred Astaire Ginger Rogers Movie!! Love them!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Creature from The Black Lagoon is one of my all time favorites , they actually made two sequel's , but like most sequel's , weren't nearly as good as the original , the second sequel Revenge of the Creature wasn't to bad , but the third one , The Creature Walks Among Us was pretty dumb

But I can recommend just about all the original Universal Monster Movies , The Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr is pretty awesome along with both Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein , this is one of those occasions where the sequel Bride of Frankenstein is actually better , and the original Dracula with Bela Lugosi is awesome as well , but then I love all the original Universal Monster movies and all their sequels

The original King Kong with Fay Wray is in my top 5 movies of all time , still a masterpiece today

Other favorites are 20 Million Miles To Earth with Joan Taylor , but you really can't go wrong with any old Ray Harryhausen movie

The Blob with Steven McQueen

On a side note , Scarlett Johansson has been "offered" the role in a new The Creature from The Black Lagoon remake
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...to-star-in-the-creature-from-the-black-lagoon

51XES7ZKKTL._SY300_.jpg
I've seen all of these and " Creature from the Black Lagoon" Scared the crap out of me!! The Mummy was pretty good too!

SierraRam

Recreational User
My all-time top 5 Classics:
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
North by Northwest
To Kill a Mockingbird
Scrooge (1951 version)
The Kid (Charlie Chaplin's best IMO)

@IowaRam - Great topic!

Esmeralda. oh yeah! of course we all look
good next to Charles Laughton!
images
images

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
1. The Thing (original).
2a. Alien. (although I really loved all of the original Alien movies).
2b. Predator 2 (the one with Danny Glover and Gary Busey when he was actually relevant).
4. Blood Diamond (not old, but definitely an automatic classic).
5. Platoon (my all time favorite war film).

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
One of the greatest comedies of all time: "Bringing up Baby".

The chemistry between Grant and Hepburn is hard to beat.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
How about any Fred Astaire Ginger Rogers Movie!! Love them!
If your going that route, you can't leave out Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and Danny Kay.

The acting wasn't always the greatest in many of those really old films, But anything with Gable, Grant, Stewart or Brando is well worth the time.

There is much more than the fore mentioned talent. They are just some of my favorites from the era. I haven't even scratched the surface of their careers though.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I don't know if there are any classic movie lovers here

The wife and I are huge fans of them old black and white classic movies they play on Turner Classic Movies , so many great old films on that channel , we watch it all the time

I don't know if there are any Jack Benny fans , but George Washington Slept Here is on TCM tonight , it's probably one of Jack Benny's better films

Forbidden Planet is on tomorrow night

TCM is a great channel. THey sometimes do marathons on certain topics.
It's especially great to tune in during Oscar Month. They do countdowns of Oscar nominated movies. You can tune in one night and watch all the Picture of the Year nominees of 1968, for example.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh, and also the first Godfather. I was hooked the moment I saw it. Can't beat Sonny, Clemenza, Willie Cicci, Rocco, Al Neri, Don Vito in their highest moments, and Michael growing into who he was.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All film noir. Most 30s and 40s movies. People actually dressed back then. Any Thin Man movie. Nothing like two drunks and their dog solving crime and still being cool and classy. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Taylor just burns up the screen.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
@IowaRam , thanks I will watch them as soon as I have time. I'm really excited to watch Frankenstein, I've seen some parts of the movie and it looks interesting.

Nosfuratu looks like a pretty good movie too.

I hope they do remake of the Creature of the Black Lagoon, more people need to see this great story.