Classic ground breakers in music

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am not a huge hip-hop fan, but I've got huge respect for all musicians who have made in-roads to shape music.

That brings me to Coolio. In 1995 he released this song.

Almost 20 years later he reminds me why he's a damn good musician.

Last edited by a moderator:

MFaulk107

The Realness
The golden era of Hip-Hop is some of the most unique and potent music to exist.
My Mind Is Playing Tricks on Me from the Geto Boys is an extreme classic.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
California Love, by 2Pac, ft. Dr. Dre & Roger Troutman. Eighteen years after its release, and I still hear it on modern radio stations sometimes. The Notorious B.I.G. also deserves a huge mention for shaping the East Coast rap scene. I mean, they made a movie out of his life. Not many music groups, singers, or rappers can say that.

I'd also include the rappers who founded the "Chopper" style of rap (Bone Thugs-n-Harmony and Twista, although Tech N9ne helped popularize it as well), as it's now a staple of the Midwest rap scene.

Coolio has always been a favorite of mine. Glad to see he's still going strong.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
They all owe their careers to these guys.

Rundmc_2.jpg

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think the Beatles were some serious ground breakers.

Another band that doesn't get nearly the credit it deserves is the MC-5...they essentially created punk rock.