Claiborne UDFA corner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After watching some film and by that I mean highlights. I really like this kid. He reminds me of a Jerome Murphy and I know that's not an endorsement but the guy is physical and can jam guys up at the line. He also knows how to take on blocks and blow up screen plays. I think with this coaching staff and the way we want to play defense he might be this years defensive gem for us.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He's gonna have to ball out in Camp and Preseason to have a shot. You have Jenks, Tru, Gaines, Joyner, Roberson,McGee and Claiborne. I only see them keeping 5 CBs because they also like to carry 5 Safeties. I think the 5 Corners making the final 53 are Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, Joyner and Roberson. I think Roberson's spot is up for grabs though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He's gonna have to ball out in Camp and Preseason to have a shot. You have Jenks, Tru, Gaines, Joyner, Roberson,McGee and Claiborne. I only see them keeping 5 CBs because they also like to carry 5 Safeties. I think the 5 Corners making the final 53 are Jenkins, Johnson, Gaines, Joyner and Roberson. I think Roberson's spot is up for grabs though.

Claiborne can also play free safety, in the nickel, and in the dime. I think Cody Davis has his job at stake.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'll wait until Training camp to give an opinion. he seems a little small and he's not that fast! ( 5ft 9/ 190 / 4.56 in the 40 )

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Making it at DE on this Rams roster is a big uphill battle for an undrafted rookie free agent unless there are injuries.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
any UDFA has a major uphill battle to make the roster. If I were advising such a kid - I would tell them to do what they can to shine on special teams, practice with the right attitude at all times, and don't rub anyone the wrong way - you have to act like you are on the bubble from day 1 - because you are.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Here's the guy I think has a chance... Div II defensive player of the year, dude has some skills and sounds like he might work his way onto this roster: http://www.chiefsdigest.com/northwest-missouri-states-matt-longacre-waits-for-chance-at-next-level/

I agree. I think Longacre makes the team for special teams at least.

As for Claiborne, I have to say that he makes this team. We're talking about a kid who literally shut down one side of the field when they played Baylor. Petty threw two passes for fourteen yards to his side. He blanketed his receivers. This isn't just any UDFA; this is a guy who was projected as a third round pick and just slipped because of measurables. The guy can flat-out play.

That kid from Bacone, that linebacker, Keshaun Malone, also intrigues me a bit. Remember that we got Harlan from them last year? We were probably scouting this kid as well. He's a possibility to make this team as well, and at least make the practice squad.

LTP has the best chance out of all of the UDFAs. Should have definitely been drafted, and I think that Fisher keeps him because the Rams always have four true defensive tackles on the roster, which is especially necessary this year because of Fairley.

The guy I'm watching out for, though? Isiah Ferguson. This is all potential, but he's played special teams, and 6'5", 218 lbs. wide receivers with 4.5 speed and solid hands don't grow on trees. Do not be surprised if he tears up mini-camp and pre-season.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think they could keep one less safety because Joyner can play safety.