Cignetti putting his own stamp on Rams' offense/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cig brings the needed breath of fresh air...Love the way he's talking...right now..in game we'll see.

My issue with BS was more the fact that he seemed to be tone deaf to the game versus his play design. It's not like Pat Schurmur who had a play pamphlet not a play book. So we shall see, I'm hoping for some more in game sensible adjustments and play selection.
This, seems like drive to drive, hell half-time adjustments were nonexistent..I read a post, from a young man in here, @Alan, that basically said the same thing when I first became somewhat of a regular...He (BS) was so tone-deaf to what wasn't working, leaving the defense on the field all day...BS first 15 plays sometimes looked like magic Mike Martz, his 3rd quarter...meh. I was looking at a stat today, about how we allowed more points in each successive quarters...it was cumulative but did seem to follow a familiar pattern, starting in the 2nd quarter and finishing in the 4th...Our defense needs to make adjustments too...I hope to notice this in week 1.....

jap

Legend
I thought we are going to use some zone blocking, not switching completely to zone blocking scheme. Do writer's do any research anymore or do they just make it up as they go along?

Just wait for Coach's reports. He always tells us what the hell is really going on.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I will go on the record that Brian Schottenheimer's hire at the University of Georgia will lead to the firing of Mark Richt in Athens!

If it wasn't for the fact that Richt knows offense and has been all over the QB and offensive meetings as the new offense is installed I would agree. But chances are Richt will not allow for multiple seasons of plodding stupidity, and hopefully Schotty can become a better OC under his guidance.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If it wasn't for the fact that Richt knows offense and has been all over the QB and offensive meetings as the new offense is installed I would agree. But chances are Richt will not allow for multiple seasons of plodding stupidity, and hopefully Schotty can become a better OC under his guidance.

True I did not fact in that Richt was an OC himself and he could improve Schotty, but I have my doubts.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Agree with posters who said that BS was at his best working from a script. I'd love to see the numbers but it always seemed like we got points off our first possession. His ability to adjust as a playcaller during games was definitely in question. If I was going to read tea leaves, I'd say that that bit of information may be in Cig's favor. Maybe the scripted stuff worked so well because it had more to do with the influence of the other offensive staff (read Cig) but the play-calling in games had more to do with BS and suffered.