Chris Simms(Pre-Draft): Gurley in the Top 10 Would Be One of the Dumbest Picks in History of the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nick Chubb is an awesome HB in his own right. So that's a weak argument. It would be like arguing that Thurman Thomas wasn't a great HB because Barry Sanders came in and outproduced him.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I see where you are going... yet, we witnessed reinjury first hand with Bradford and Long, both had the NFL training and doctors.
Wasn't Bradfords not a reinjure as much as he injured the other one

…..

Legend
What a tool....he didnt research Nick Chubb? He implies that anyone could come in and run amock against the SEC and the Chubb is just anyone? LOL

Its all good, Georgia had the luxury of holding back on Chubb. Gurley was tearing it up and Nick was a true Freshman. We may still have never heard of Nick Chubb if Gurley handt been suspended then hurt, but make no mistake about it, the sports community will know who Nick Chubb is next year. Meanwhile Chris Simms will still be a tool.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
3) Nick Chubb’s performance replacing Gurley after he got hurt (11 TD’s, 168 yd.s/game, 1,179 yds in 7 Games) How good is Gurley if Chubb can get those numbers in Georgia’s offense?

Interesting game, name the players who replaced these current great RBs
Peterson - D Murray
Lynch - Justin Forsett (OK not great, but just put up a 1,500 + yard season in Baltimore)
Le'Veon Bell - (2015 4th round pick) Jeremy Langford

It's a strange phenomenon but talented players tend to want to play for talented coaches :eek:

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have my concerns with the pick, and our ACL recovery history at Rams central is rather poor too, but we won't know really until he pulls on the uniform and starts games for us...

ausmurp

Starter
I have my concerns with the pick, and our ACL recovery history at Rams central is rather poor too, but we won't know really until he pulls on the uniform and starts games for us...

This is true. Our turf monster doesn't help either - I'm of the opinion that the Rams field turf is the cause of many an injury on this team - the primary cause of the terrible injury luck this team has had. I wish we would switch to natural grass field, so much better on the legs/knees. Training on concrete covered with rubber is way different than training on grass...

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Our national stadium in Wales is getting re-surfaced because they noticed that players were damaging hamstrings, ligaments etc when they were planting a foot to side-step to a different direction, not to mention the slip's on the shoddy surface...