Chris Long on 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/06/06062012120010.mp3[/rp3]

Notes (loosely transcribed)

(What differences do you see between the new and old staff)
There's always gonna be a wave of positive energy following a new regime. There's some definitely [sic] tangible things we've improved upon. We did a great job in the draft, brought in a lot of new talent, and these coaches have a lot of experience. It's just the confidence. Fisher's done it well over a decade. Being in one place for so long speaks a lot. When he walks into a room with confidence, it reflects on the players.

The past is the past. Nothing positive I'm saying about the future reflects negatively about the past. Believe me, I mean that. We just have a great situation here right now. We took some extra time to get to know the new staff, because we are under a new regime. We have a long, long way to go, but we're positive and we have reason to believe. '

(thoughts on the new kids)
A couple that really jump out. I work with Brockers every day. He's a good kid, works hard, great motor, and I think he gets how to play the run right off the bat. Which is what we knew we were getting. I notice the corner Jenkins a lot. He just looks like he's gonna be something special. There's a lot of buzz around him. Quick, Appalachian state guy, he's a big target, and Sam's excited about playing with him. He's made some plays that no matter what position you're playing, it's gonna turn your head. He's made some great plays.

(on Quinn)
I think Robert had a good year last year. I know when you're picked high, there's high expectations, sometimes they're unrealistic, especially if you're inheriting not the best situation. You just don't get to rush the passer much when you're down (in score), especially as a rookie, and you don't pick up ways to rush the passer or mental cues built up that you can anticipate certain things. He's done a good job of working hard. And -- BOOM. He's come in with this maturity and he's made a huge jump. He looks like he's gonna be a serious problem for teams this year and I'm excited to line up on the other side of him.

(on the team being faster)
We've definitely gotten faster and more athletic. It's not because of anyone we got rid of or anything, we just added a lot of really athletic players. And that just jumps out. Practices are a lot faster. We're going to do everything fast. Especially on defense. If you're gonna make a mistake, make it 100MPH. That's a good way to look at it.

(How many games do you think you'll win?)
You know, I don't do the numbers game - that's just gonna get you hurt. I know we had some deficiencies and injuries and unfortunate things last year. We just weren't a good team. In the beginning of the year, until we were out of it, we thought we could compete for a NFCW Championship. This year, it's the same thing. Our upgrades are substantial at a lot of positions. With Fisher and the experience, we're just, the feeling - the buzz right now is really good. There's 3 other teams in the division, so I don't see why we can't shoot for the NFCW crown.

(is Sam rejuvenated?)
I'll say this. I know how this goes. I couldn't think higher of Sam as a competitor, and as a guy. That is one tough son of a gun. He's a competitive dude, and he eats, sleeps, breathes football. I gotta pull his arm to go and do anything fun. His nose is always on the grindstone. He is rejuvenated. He's gonna get some help, and as the whole team thrives, Sam will thrive. And vice-versa. We're really confident in the guy we have under center.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Confidence is in the air at Rams Park my Brothas. Don't tell me you can't feel it too!!!