Chris Long listed as Questionable for Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Rams DE Chris Long (hip) did not practice today. Coach Jeff Fisher said he'll be questionable for Sunday.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If he doesn't play ,we should worry,JMO , he ain't the kind of guy to play it safe with an injury.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
If he doesn't play ,we should worry,JMO , he ain't the kind of guy to play it safe with an injury.

@nwagoner: For what it's worth, Rams DE Chris Long has never missed a game since he entered the league in 2008. 81 consecutive games played.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
max said:
Thordaddy said:

@nwagoner: For what it's worth, Rams DE Chris Long has never missed a game since he entered the league in 2008. 81 consecutive games played.

YUP I was pretty sure that was the case,so I expect if he can walk he'll play some downs just to keep the streak alive,IMO Fisher lets him too so LIKE I SAID, if he doesn't we might need to worry about how bad the injury really is

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Long had the most snaps of any DL last week. That will change this week. He had more than twice the snaps of Hayes. That's defensive and STs.

91-C.Long 71

94-R.Quinn 59

98-K.Langford 52

90-M.Brockers 49

97-E.Sims 38

95-W.Hayes 29

71-M.Conrath 20

93-J.Cudjo 19

99-G.Rivers 0

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/85988/rams-chris-long-listed-as-questionable" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... estionable</a>

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- St. Louis Rams defensive end Chris Long did not practice Friday and will be questionable for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.

The Rams list Long as dealing with a hip injury that apparently has slowed him as the week has gone on. Long did not appear on the injury report Wednesday, participated on a limited basis Thursday and then did nothing Friday.

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Long's status for Sunday will be questionable but didn't expand.

For whatever it's worth fellow defensive end William Hayes, the would-be replacement for Long, said he expects Long to be ready to go in Atlanta.

"Chris is fine," Hayes said. "He’s OK. Yeah, he’s fine. He just needed a day off just to relax. We’ll be all ready to go."

Long has yet to miss a game in his five-plus years in the league.

Graphicker

Starter
Chris was not Chris this last sunday.. He's hurt and can't go 100 MPH.. Rest him IMO and start Rivers!! :cheese: :cheese:

jap

Legend
Graphicker said:
Chris was not Chris this last sunday.. He's hurt and can't go 100 MPH.. Rest him IMO and start Rivers!! :cheese: :cheese:

Why start Rivers when we can start Hayes, who garnered 7 sacks in a backup role last season? He was the most important resigning of the off-season. :bg:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Graphicker said:
I think Hayes or Sims deserves the start over Rivers. I do agree, with the depth we have DE I would rather have Chris rest a week if it means he comes back 100%

F. Mulder

Starter
If he doesn't do anything to aggravate it then play. If he plays in a limited situation then play. If he can make things worse than skip the game; this team is deep with DEs.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It depends on the injury.

I'm a big believer in resting injured players at most every position except offensive linemen and interior defensive linemen. If you got to run in this game... and you got a bad hip or leg... it's not easy to heal.

Look at Roddy White... he played last week and didn't do anything. I guarantee he would be further ahead this week and more of a factor had he sat that game out. Instead... he's gimpy for 2 games... maybe more if he plays Sunday.