Chris Long hoping to bounce back, unsure what future holds/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He could restructure and take a pay cut or possibly an incentive based deal. If this is his last year, I would rather it be in horns.

I restructure him only if he's willing to move into the rotational role now occupied by Hayes. This is a good draft class for DE's, finding our future LDE to grow with Quinn, Donald & Brockers couldn't come at a better time. jmo.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I thin they just need to see what kind of shape he comes back in. If he checks out and looks in phenomenal shape with all that hamstring and ankle and whatever the problems were behind him I'd try and work out a way to keep him involved.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sam Bradford gets paid like a boss in his first contract in spite of missing all kinds of time and playing like a JAG, but then wants to be paid in his next contract like the best QB in the league... Newsflash for Sam Bradford: you control your agent holmes. He's makin you look like an effin clown.

Meanwhile Chris Long re pay cut to stay with the Rams: “Of course,” Long said, via ESPN.com. “But I’m not a guy that, I mean, the last two years I have been paid more than I’ve performed. That’s just the bottom line. It’s a business. Sometimes teams win and sometimes teams lose with that stuff so you’re certainly not rushing to give the money you earned back. You can’t control certain things with injuries and such but of course I’m open to doing something like that. It’s not about the money at this point for me.”

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Long will be willing to take a big enough pay-cut to stay. But the Rams will probably do it anyways.(even though it's not the best business move)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 years, 15.mil, 7.5mil guaranteed

This is a business. You're paying for his future value not past accomplishments. The Long of the past two years isn't worth that. I take it that you think he'll return to form?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This is a business. You're paying for his future value not past accomplishments. The Long of the past two years isn't worth that. I take it that you think he'll return to form?

I'm not judging his future salary on what he has done for the past 2 injured seasons, but what I believe is fair market value if we have to compete for his services. Yes, I believe CLong can get back to past form, his injuries are not chronic, and he's only going to be 31 years old in a position where many go much farther. As mentioned earlier, there would also be far less stress being that he would be a rotational player rather than starter.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I hope he can come back and play well. As we suffered over the years he's always been one of the good things about the Rams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not judging his future salary on what he has done for the past 2 injured seasons, but what I believe is fair market value if we have to compete for his services. Yes, I believe CLong can get back to past form, his injuries are not chronic, and he's only going to be 31 years old in a position where many go much farther. As mentioned earlier, there would also be far less stress being that he would be a rotational player rather than starter.

Problem is that he's not played well on the field. It's not just injuries. And his fair market value isn't relevant here. His future value is what's relevant. Some other team paying him $5 million a year to get $1 million a year level play wouldn't make him worth $5 million a year to us.

Do I think the Rams will work out a deal to keep him? Yes. Do I think it's a good idea? Based on what I saw in 2015, no. I think it's time to move on.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Problem is that he's not played well on the field. It's not just injuries. And his fair market value isn't relevant here. His future value is what's relevant. Some other team paying him $5 million a year to get $1 million a year level play wouldn't make him worth $5 million a year to us.

Don't play a semantics game with me, fair market value/future value is the same when discussing what we believe his worth might be going forward. As i've said, if Long won't accept a rotational role with the Rams at a much reduced salary, he should be cut. You have made it clear you feel he is done and doesn't deserve consideration, … so be it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't play a semantics game with me, fair market value/future value is the same when discussing what we believe his worth might be going forward. As i've said, if Long won't accept a rotational role with the Rams at a much reduced salary, he should be cut. You have made it clear you feel he is done and doesn't deserve consideration, … so be it.

It's really not. Fair market value is based on competition. Future value is based on your own projections. Regardless, you're right...not worth arguing over semantics. I didn't see an effective player in 2015. Not worth paying him that sort of money imo.

Do I think he's done? No. Do I think he's done as an effective starter? Yes.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I restructure him only if he's willing to move into the rotational role now occupied by Hayes. This is a good draft class for DE's, finding our future LDE to grow with Quinn, Donald & Brockers couldn't come at a better time. jmo.

Definitely a reduces role. Thing is it may be tough to do. If the Rams restructure Quinn to be part of the rotation and draft a young stud. Then who gets cut from the rotation? It would have to be a young guy. What is better? A year of Quinn or two or three of a young rotation guy like Longacre or Westbrooks?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
"An older INJURY PRONE player"

It's not like Long has structural damage, torn ligaments, or something I would call injury prone. Both of his injuries happened on freak plays and I see nothing expect some hard work and dedication keeping him from regaining form. He COULD be a nice piece both on the field and in the locker room. Sounds like he understands the reality of the cap and the possibility of being a cap hit. It would be great to keep him around on a team friendly deal and let him mentor another group through this move.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Bring back Long! And JL. I want our staples tasting a winning season. One more year.

Get it fucking done! Or there will be hell to pay from this fan.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I would hate to see him play for another team.

The freak injuries have destroyed his last 2 years,,, I wouldn't call him injury prone for those.

Hopefully things will work out on both sides so he can play all of his remaining years in Horns.