Chris Long contemplating retirement

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hope he signs a one-day contract with us. Long, Laurinaitis, and Jackson were the only real reasons to watch the Linehan/Spags regimes.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
F Chris Long. Gonna be pi$$ed about his contributions in the Eagles' victory over us for a long effin time. He can retire in green for all I care.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I hope he signs a one-day contract with us. Long, Laurinaitis, and Jackson were the only real reasons to watch the Linehan/Spags regimes.

Naw he should sign a 1-year contract to play with us, he's a Super Bowl magnet with his last two SB victories.

But in all seriousness, don't blame him for considering retirement. He went from 8 years of losing with us under Spags and Fisher with zero complaints to Super Bowl wins under BB and Pederson; that's a cultural turnaround from a player's standpoint.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Chris is still a Ram for me, aways gave 100% on a shitty team, always a good sportsman and the ultimate professional, he deserved his rings.

Would love him to retire a Ram, or even just sign with us as depth, a true vet that's just won 2 back to back rings...

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I wouldn't mind Long as a rotational piece in a rushing role from the LOLB spot.

Ram65

Legend
Surprised and not. Makes the Eagles weaker. Listening to local radio one sport jock commented that even though the Eagles are bring back most starters they are still having player turnover. That can change the club house and team vibe. Chris Long was a leader for the Eagles and the Rams.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If I recall, late in the SB he forced a run outside that led to the runner going out of bounds and saving a td inside the 10. I remember thinking he may have just helped defeat the team he won a ring with last year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He’s had a great career, not HOF great IMO like his old man but the back to back rings are something to hang your hat on.

Chris Long career stats:
Total games 146 Sacks 63.5 Int 0 Rings 2
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LongCh99.htm

Howie Long career stats:
Total games 179 Sacks 84 Int 2 Rings 1
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LongHo00.htm

Being dyslexic is always a bit of a crap shoot.

I read Chris Long's stat like as 146 Sacks and 63.5 Ints

I wondered where I was for all those INTs... and how does one get a half INT?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I'm wondering with Chris being Howie's son, does Chris have any boys in f his own? If he does then, I'd say we offer Chris a low level contract, then after that, keep building a good repoire with him. That way then, we have an in with Chris' son, you know,just in case he's any good at football.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I'm wondering with Chris being Howie's son, does Chris have any boys in f his own? If he does then, I'd say we offer Chris a low level contract, then after that, keep building a good repoire with him. That way then, we have an in with Chris' son, you know,just in case he's any good at football.

He does indeed. Waylon, named after Waylon Jennings.

Chris Long is a really good dude. He has his Waterboys charity that would probably keep him busy when he retires. Bringing clean water to villages in Africa by installing wells, pumps etc.

Psycho_X

Legend
Great guy and still one of my favorite football players despite playing for two hated teams. But that wasn't his fault, can't blame a man for wanting to work and get a paycheck. Dude makes the world better than most people. He was or is in St. Louis doing charity work at the moment. Does a lot of good in cities he's played in. If he does retire I wish him the best.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
He does indeed. Waylon, named after Waylon Jennings.

Chris Long is a really good dude. He has his Waterboys charity that would probably keep him busy when he retires. Bringing clean water to villages in Africa by installing wells, pumps etc.

Like the rest of us, Chris is a mixed bag. But his Waterboys program is awesome. One of many groups providing clean water to poor nations.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
one of my all time favourite rams .. played on some dire teams and never once gave less than 100% along the likes of JL and SJax