Chris Jones Flat-Out Says Chiefs Want to Make Jimmy Garoppolo Beat Them

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

On Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers will face off in the culmination of the 2019-2020 NFL season: Super Bowl LIV. When asked what the key to winning the Super Bowl is, Chiefs star DE Chris Jones had a very straight-forward take.

Jones, a Pro Bowl awardee, said that the Chiefs' game-plan is to prevent the 49ers from running the ball as effectively as they have previously against other teams, and to force QB Jimmy Garoppolo to beat them. The 49ers ran all over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship, and the Chiefs would rather avoid that same fate.

View: https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1222646419028430848?s=21

The 49ers were incredibly effective against Green Bay. Running back Raheem Mostert ran the ball 29 times against the Packers for 220 yards and four touchdowns.

While the 49ers are, in fact, a dominant running team, Garoppolo's talent should not be understated. The 49ers starter has had a great season, throwing for 27 touchdowns and winning the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year award.

View: https://twitter.com/nflonfox/status/1221209633358012416?s=21

We cannot wait to see how this strategy works out for the Chiefs, and if Jones' words come back to haunt KC.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well that's how you win in the NFL; you stop the run and make the other team one dimensional.

didn't the broncos do the reverse of that last season? they stopped the pass so gurley ran for 200 yards on them.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
It's the best chance they have, and it works well against the Rams too. That's why you see almost every team at least try a 6-1 front against us now.

That's also why there is something to be said for continually wearing down a defense's front with a power rushing attack.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's what I said Green Bay had to do, but they couldn't. If Shenzhen can run at will help win

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Stop the run. Zone it up with someone shadowing Kittle in the pattern. That's what I'd do.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is always the Andy Reid factor....dude is Marty Schottenheimer-esque in his ability to lose in the playoffs! Maybe his asst HC should be on the field and Marty...err..Andy should be in the box?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Not like it's a big secret or anything. Mobile QBs wear out the Niners defense. May want to try rolling out Mahomes too.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Chiefs defense worries me. They've given up a lot of points in the playoffs alone and it's not like Houston or Tennessee are offensive powerhouses. They cant start out slow like the last two games and expect to beat the 49ers.

dang

Legend
Chiefs are the team of destiny this year. Also F N Bozo, Jimmy G-String, Kittles-n-Shitzz and every piss-any 69er fan.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I don’t think I believe him. The Titans offense was Henry and play action off Henry, Tannehill had guys open but missed, but it was clear how to beat them.
The Texans offense was really kind of limited, if the Chiefs had their heads out it would’ve been a laugher.
The niners offense is very diverse, I don’t think it’s explosive, other than Kittle, but they can do a lot of things well.
Garapalo is capable but the Vikings could’ve had another pick or 2 in that game but maybe they want to lure them into a shootout.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I don’t think I believe him. The Titans offense was Henry and play action off Henry, Tannehill had guys open but missed, but it was clear how to beat them.
The Texans offense was really kind of limited, if the Chiefs had their heads out it would’ve been a laugher.
The niners offense is very diverse, I don’t think it’s explosive, other than Kittle, but they can do a lot of things well.
Garapalo is capable but the Vikings could’ve had another pick or 2 in that game but maybe they want to lure them into a shootout.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

On Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers will face off in the culmination of the 2019-2020 NFL season: Super Bowl LIV. When asked what the key to winning the Super Bowl is, Chiefs star DE Chris Jones had a very straight-forward take.

Jones, a Pro Bowl awardee, said that the Chiefs' game-plan is to prevent the 49ers from running the ball as effectively as they have previously against other teams, and to force QB Jimmy Garoppolo to beat them. The 49ers ran all over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship, and the Chiefs would rather avoid that same fate.

View: https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1222646419028430848?s=21

The 49ers were incredibly effective against Green Bay. Running back Raheem Mostert ran the ball 29 times against the Packers for 220 yards and four touchdowns.

While the 49ers are, in fact, a dominant running team, Garoppolo's talent should not be understated. The 49ers starter has had a great season, throwing for 27 touchdowns and winning the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year award.

View: https://twitter.com/nflonfox/status/1221209633358012416?s=21

We cannot wait to see how this strategy works out for the Chiefs, and if Jones' words come back to haunt KC.

1580539463091.gif