Chris Givens Talks Offseason Training & Bouncing Back in '14

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Chris Givens joined The Drive Home w/ Bryan Burwell, Joe Strauss and Bob Ramsey on CBS Sports 920AM. He talks about his offseason training program and his dedication to next season. He talks about his disappointing season last year, how he’s had some off field distractions (family issues) and how he’s dealing with it. Givens is looking to bounce back this year.

Listen to Givens' Interview

laramsoriginal

Starter
If Givens, Bailey, Austin, Quick can continue to progress then Bradford will have a good WR corp. These guys jave been together for a few years now, they should all be on the same page now

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Givens didn't progress he regressed and if he doesn't talk about getting stronger, running better routes, being more committed, and playing more physical and battling for jump balls he isn't saying anything worth listening to. In 2013 his performance was a big disappointment for us and we can not afford for our young players not to get significantly better each year. And to continue to compete and perform at what should be a playoff level

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yes, it would be nice if he played like an NFL caliber WR again. Short leash and short fuse for Givens this year, kinda like Quick. Make or break year for a few Rams in 2014. (Bradford and Pead included)

Ram_of_Old

If Givens, Bailey, Austin, Quick can continue to progress then Bradford will have a good WR corp. These guys jave been together for a few years now, they should all be on the same page now

Add to that consistency in the OC and we should be a contender this year.

nighttrain

Legend
Givens let early success stop him in tracks, he'll be better as will Quick.
With Austin and Cook and slot and TE we should be fine
train

laramsoriginal

Starter
Add to that consistency in the OC and we should be a contender this year.

Only if they address the OL via draft and FA. Retaining Saffold is a must, in my opinion. Also the secondary needs a capable 3rd CB and a S was with some range. We're not too far off.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Givens needs to expand his intermediate game. He finds the majority of his success in the deep routes and the opposing teams have caught on.

RFIP

Givens didn't progress he regressed and if he doesn't talk about getting stronger, running better routes, being more committed, and playing more physical and battling for jump balls he isn't saying anything worth listening to. In 2013 his performance was a big disappointment for us and we can not afford for our young players not to get significantly better each year. And to continue to compete and perform at what should be a playoff level

Exactly and if Quick progressed I'd hate to see his regression too. More drops, doinked in the head, bone head penalty, lost in routes, etc.

This corp needs Watkins BADLY so they can all forget the notion of "thinking" they are fighting to be th e#1 wr when none of them will EVER be that.

Watkins allows them all to try and fit in their natural roles; a POSSIBLE #2, 3 or 4.

nighttrain

Legend
Exactly and if Quick progressed I'd hate to see his regression too. More drops, doinked in the head, bone head penalty, lost in routes, etc.

This corp needs Watkins BADLY so they can all forget the notion of "thinking" they are fighting to be th e#1 wr when none of them will EVER be that.

Watkins allows them all to try and fit in their natural roles; a POSSIBLE #2, 3 or 4.

Gives 2nd season a definite shot to the gut, Quick did improve, maybe not enough to please some, but improvement. Don't need Watkins in my opinion, beef up the offensive line and add LB and safety early. This and Givens adding to his game with some cross routes and we should be good to go
train

RFIP

Gives 2nd season a definite shot to the gut, Quick did improve, maybe not enough to please some, but improvement. Don't need Watkins in my opinion, beef up the offensive line and add LB and safety early. This and Givens adding to his game with some cross routes and we should be good to go
train

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I just could not disagree more.

Givens is a #3 or #4 at best imo, on a good team anyhow.

And Quick's play has been subpar to bad and if it doesn't pick up SOON he'll be out of the league in short order.

Watkins is on a whole nother planet my friend.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave

And Quick's play has been subpar to bad and if it doesn't pick up SOON he'll be out of the league in short order.

I like Watkins at this point I think he would be nice to have but not " at any cost" if they go into the season with the current group of WR's they can still be dangerous. I think TA and SB haven't shown what they can really do yet. Givens and Quick need to make a big jump forward IMO.

nighttrain

Legend

all opinions come with the same caveat, anything can change
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
RFIP you said the same thing about JBlackmon. And a couple of other guys since the Rams drafted Bradford. A WR isn't going to be his turning point dude.

So. Lets pump the brakes here for a moment.

The most urgent thing the O needs is another tick or two for Bradford and the WR's he has right now to work, another WR isn't going to do a fucking thing if he doesn't get better himself, and get more time to throw. It's just not as simple as you want to make it by adding a WR. That is not going to be an instant fix.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know that givens will ever be more than a one trick pony. That being said, id like to see him be a more consistent one trick pony

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't know that givens will ever be more than a one trick pony. That being said, id like to see him be a more consistent one trick pony

I tend to agree. I think he shines if we can get him in a role used situationally as opposed to every down.