Chris Givens signs with Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-jets-visit-with-wide-receiver-chris-givens/

Eagles and Jets visit with wide receiver Chris Givens
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 16, 2016

350x-526.jpg
Getty Images

The Ravens signed an alleged deep threat yesterday in Mike Wallace, so they have no more need for the last guy they hoped might fill that role.

According to Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Ravens free agent wideout Chris Givens is visiting the Eagles today, after wrapping up a trip to see the Jets yesterday.

Givens came over to Baltimore in a trade with the Rams, and caught 19 passes for 346 yards and a touchdown in 12 games filling in for the injury plagued Ravens.

That’s a strong per-catch average (18.2), but he’s never emerged as a consistent threat. The former Rams fourth-rounder was never more productive than his rookie year, when he caught 42 passes.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Bradford to Givens. It was a pretty good combo his first year. Would make sense for the Eagles to sign him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He just signed a one year deal with the Eagles. Good move and good for him. Givens was pretty good as a deep threat when he was with Bradford. We never really had a QB to get it to him after Sam went down.

I was pretty excited for the Bradford to Givens connection after that rookie year. Maybe the Eagles can revive it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He just signed a one year deal with the Eagles. Good move and good for him. Givens was pretty good as a deep threat when he was with Bradford. We never really had a QB to get it to him after Sam went down.

I was pretty excited for the Bradford to Givens connection after that rookie year. Maybe the Eagles can revive it.
I don't think they will do as poorly as they did last season with Chip! And they are in what I like to call the NFC-Least!!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I wasn't aware that Givens was still alive...Don't recall hearing his name in quite some time...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/16/chris-givens-signs-one-year-deal-with-eagles/

Chris Givens signs one-year deal with Eagles
Posted by Josh Alper on March 16, 2016

497378524-e1458153090568.jpg
Getty Images

Wide receiver Chris Givens visited the Jets on Tuesday and moved on to a visit with the Eagles Wednesday that will be the final one he takes as a free agent in 2016.

The Eagles announced on Wednesday afternoon that they have signed Givens to a one-year deal.

Givens split the 2015 season between the Rams and Ravens after a trade sent him to Baltimore in October in exchange for a 2018 seventh-round pick. Givens caught one pass with the Rams in three games and 19 more in 12 appearances for the Ravens that included six starts.

Signing with the Eagles reunites Givens with quarterback Sam Bradford, who he played with in St. Louis during the 2012 and 2013 seasons. Givens was a regular starter during those two seasons and had 76 catches, but saw his playing time and production drop in 2014.

The Eagles released Riley Cooper in February and Seyi Ajirotutu is a free agent, leavingJordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor and Josh Huff to go with Givens at wideout.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams still have a 2018 7th rounder coming for Givens. That's how valuable he was viewed when the Rams traded him to the Ravens.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The Rams still have a 2018 7th rounder coming for Givens. That's how valuable he was viewed when the Rams traded him to the Ravens.

Even worse news when you realize the draft will scaled down to 6 rounds in 2018...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Chris Givens is a one trick pony, but God how I loved that trick!
tumblr_inline_mmgokylwOd1r2r4sh.gif