Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden, dies at 52

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...rnell-lead-singer-soundgarden-dies-at-52.html

Chris Cornell, lead singer of Soundgarden, dies at 52

Singer Chris Cornell, the lead vocalist for the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave, died Wednesday night in Detroit, his representative said. He was 52.

Brian Bumbery told the Associated Press in a statement that Cornell’s death was “sudden and unexpected” and said his wife and family was shocked.

The statement added that the family would be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause and asked for privacy.

Cornell was one of the leading voices of the 1990s grunge movement with Soundgarden. The band emerged as one of the biggest bands out of Seattle’s emerging music scene, joining the likes of Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains.

Formed in 1984 by Cornell, guitarist Kim Thayil and bassist Hiro Yamamoto, Soundgarden's third studio album, "Badmotorfinger," in 1991 spawned enormously popular singles "Jesus Christ Pose," ''Rusty Cage" and "Outshined" that received regular play on alternative rock radio stations.

Cornell also collaborated with some members of Pearl Jam to form the band Temple of the Dog, which produced a self-title album in 1991 in tribute to friend Andrew Wood, the former frontman for Mother Love Bone.

Three years later, Soundgarden broke through on mainstream radio with the album "Superunknown," which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and was nominated for a Grammy for Best Rock Record in 1995. It included hit singles "Spoonman," ''Fell on Black Days," ''Black Hole Sun," ''My Wave" and "The Day I Tried to Live."

Soundgarden disbanded in 1997 due to tensions in the band, and Cornell pursued a solo career. In 2001, he joined Audioslave, a supergroup that included former Rage Against the Machine members Tom Morello, Brad Wilk and Tim Commerford. The band released three albums in six years and also performed at a concert billed as Cuba's first outdoor rock concert by an American band, though some Cuban artists have disputed that claim.

Audioslave disbanded in 2007, but Cornell and Soundgarden reunited in 2012 and released the band's sixth studio album, "King Animal" in 2012.

In addition to his music, Cornell also became involved in philanthropy and started the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation to support children facing challenges, including homelessness, poverty, abuse and neglect.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Well, damn.....that really sucks.

I think we owe it to the man and his memory to spin some of his tracks up in here.

RIP, Chris Cornell -- you really belted it out on this one:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, this one sucks particularly bad. One of the best to ever do it. RIP Chris.

rdw

Pro Bowler
So bummed. I'm in my early 40's and came of age listening to Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden.
RIP Chris.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Not cool at all

Was never a big fan - back in the earky 90's some chick i wanted was all in love with that guy . Plus I thought sspoonman was super lame

Anyway RIP

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Chris Cornell was one of the few truly gifted voices in modern rock. When everyone else was singing with angst, Cornell had soul.

Through my work I have seen so many bands but I never saw Soundgarden. I will be working Rocklahoma where they were supposed to headline... what a bummer.

My thoughts go out to his family and his fans. RIP Chris.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Horrible news. Chris, your fans wish you would have listened to your own lyrics:

"Someone, tried to tell me something. Don't let the world get you down."

View: https://youtu.be/ieOq3UleTJQ

If any of you have these thoughts just know your Ramily has your back and you'll get through this to brighter and better days.

~lyser

Rookie
The man had some incredible pipes. Saw Soundgarden live 4 or 5 times, Audioslave twice.

I can't think about Soundgarden without remembering the burning ass hair dance. That happened after a SG show. A few know the story - I won't disgrace Chris's memory with a retelling here.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is not explainable, really. He had it all and had a right to be proud of his accomplishments. I never knew the guy, and may have heard some of Soundgarden's songs. I don't know. Hope his family has peace very soon...

The same was true about Robin Williams...man, he was always the clown with the tragic eyes when you really examined them. He was so damned funny and one of the few comics that I actually caused me to laugh out loud. "Captain, my Captain.." you are missed.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Chris Cornell gone at 52, and in that confirmed exit. Gives a really shitty vibe to 'Pretty Noose ' now plus So many other songs. Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog and Audioslave were huge influences on me (in various ages and phases growing up) via Chris Cornell. Damn! I've been listening to all albums since 10am today and continuing. I have a good friend in a Seattle grunge band that knew him like a brother. That mental digestion shock process is all congested right now. Wow!

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
This one really hurts. It hurts like it did with David Bowie and Prince imo. With Chris though, I've listened to Soundgarden since I was 11 because of my older brother. That was essentially my favorite group out of the grunge era, but I always considered them a bit more metal than anyone else. Badmotorfinger was their pinnacle album to me, Superunknown came next but Chris always seemed to have success in other genres and yesterday when I woke up it just totally hit me all at once. Been going through a tough month due to some family situations and then this hits and now I realize Soundgarden is officially over. The Seattle bands are all but gone now, we only have Pearl Jam left but I've never listened to all of their catalogue. I feel I'm just RAMbling on now it just sucks when and how he went out. I hope for his family to get through this tough time and his friends. Chris will REALLY REALLY be missed. RIP Chris.

~lyser

Rookie
Been running through Cornell's catalog the last day and a half - man, what a voice! 4 octave range.

Louder Than Love is an amazing album