Chip Kelly no closer to solving QB riddle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought it was cool when he played well but they lost. Was a win/win
It kills me to see him playing like crap, but they win anyway.

Doesn't benefit us at all

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What it all boils down to is this: NFL defenses are so much better than college defenses.........which is the reason it is so much tougher to find a good QB to run your offense in the NFL. Kelly can't just recruit a high school kid with good tools and expect his offense to overrun the lesser opponents.

This is big boy football Chip!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I thought it was cool when he played well but they lost. Was a win/win
It kills me to see him playing like crap, but they win anyway.

Doesn't benefit us at all

He is still rolling his eyes and looking to the sky as if he is being held back by everyone on the team. That never sat well with me. I don't miss and don't care if he makes it or not.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Keep in mind that the guy had not started a game in almost 2 years... I'm sure he's still shaking some rust off and learning tendencies of the offense and his receivers...

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Kelly's O is more wide open and reliant on passing than Schottenheimer's or Shurmur's were. They were telling him to check down and play it safe instead of reading the field and making a play. Kelly wants Sam to make plays to make his offense go.

Before the game there was a stat about just how much worse Sam is under pressure of a pass rush. It really showed how pocket scared he is.

I'll freely admit if I had taken the beating Sam took here I'd have retired after the 2nd knee. David Carr, Marc Bulger, once you've got the OL PTSD you rarely come out.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'll freely admit if I had taken the beating Sam took here I'd have retired after the 2nd knee. David Carr, Marc Bulger, once you've got the OL PTSD you rarely come out.
I haven't seen any of this with Bradford during this season. He has made some bad throws and their O as a whole is struggling. He is not taking phantom sacks like that pussy cat Manning. He is not creating sacks by hopping all over the place when pressure comes like Kap. He is not the right side roll out king like Foles. He has been standing in the pocket or stepping up in the pocket and taking hits if needed to deliver passes. Not all of the passes have been good however.
I haven't seen any of the Bulger "rolling" off to side after a throw even if no hit was coming.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bradford did the Rams an enormous favor by not agreeing to an extension. Boy did they dodge a bullet there.

Oh and re: Kelly... I have to laugh hearing the sports talk radio whining about him. Eagles fans are lucky he's their coach. I'd take him in a heartbeat over Fisher and I love Fish. Even that sloppy, terrible victory the other night, a 27-7 win over the Giants, demonstrates how good Kelly is at setting the bar high for his team. He reminds me very much of Bill Parcells. Not sure that he'll have that level of success, but he's similarly bold and undaunted, decisive in what he wants from his team.

There is no identity crisis with the Eagles. Kelly's teams know exactly who the F they are and where the bar is set.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As hard as he tried, Sam Bradford couldn't give this divisional game away.

The Eagles dominated the Giants, 27-7, on Monday Night Football to improve to 3-3 and move into first place in the NFC East (see Instant Replay), but the lopsided score was not a result of strong quarterback play.

KDS73

Rookie
Unfortunately, we're also starting to see why Chip didn't feel like Foles was the answer either. The fact that he'd rather take a shot on Bradford when he already had Foles should be concerning.