Chinese Menu Offensive Line

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Assume that we go into this draft without any additional free agent moves. We currently have holes at RT, LG, and (depending on who you ask) C. I know that trading down always feels like plan A - but lets further assume that we just can't get anywhere near decent value for our picks.

Lets chinese menu this thing a bit

Column A

Ereck Flowers
Andrus Peat
Brandon Scherff
La'el Collins
TJ Clemmings
Cameron Erving

Column B

Laken Tomlinson
AJ Cann
Ali Marpet
DJ Humphries
Jake Fisher
Cedric Ogbeushi
Hroniss Grasu

Column C

Tre Jackson
Arie Kouandjio
John Miller
Josue Matias
Donovan Smith
Ty Sambrailo
Reese Dismukes

Column D

Mitch Morse
Mark Glowinski
Darryl Williams
Rob Havenstein
Tyrus Thompson
BJ Finney
Andy Gallik

-- I'll readily admit that a few of the column A guys may be there in rd 2 and some of the column B guys may very well go in the first night of the draft - so feel free to argue those points until you are blue in the face.

You may pick one player from each column or opt to pass on the column altogether (which would be akin to addressing another position in that round)

Feel free to utilize column E as well which would be all O lineman not listed.

Now, eat your wonton soup and build me an O Line.

Athos

Legend
Provided no Cooper/White/(and maybe not thinking about picking Parker)

Clemmings
Cann
Mitch Morse (you don't have the guy I'd take in column D, ya wanker)

With a WR pick.

Marpet
Sambrailo
Morse

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Provided no Cooper/White/(and maybe not thinking about picking Parker)

Clemmings
Cann
Mitch Morse (you don't have the guy I'd take in column D, ya wanker)

With a WR pick.

Marpet
Sambrailo
Morse

I imagine you mean Clemmings in a trade down?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IF...as the scenario is as you have set it up that no major additions of high cap cost FA ......then its would say to me that the OL'ers who we have signed under contract will play a major role early this season.

To set up what Fisher has in his current OL. Bona fide NFL starters ??? just two, Greg Robinson @ OLT & Rodger Saffold who can be plugged in @ ORT/OLG/ORG as the need demands. Next duo of Ram OL'ers who have many starts in the NFL is ORT/ORG Garrett Reynolds 27/7 with 52 games & 27 starts (most of them @ ORT) & center Tim Barnes 26/3 with 45 games & 7 finishes games as the Rams starter. Good chance that the above four will go into camp as very starters somewhere in this OL.

The 3rd duo of Ram OL'ers is Versatile OL is the 24 yr old Barrett Jones who will enter his third season as a Ram. Jones has played in 10 games & finished one game as our standing center. The other is the 26 yr old OLG/ORG Brandon Washington. Brandon has been a Ram since 2012 and will enter his 4th training camp. He has one NFL game under his belt @ OLG.

The final trio group are players who are consider rookies, & yet to suit up for any regular season game. However all 3 have plenty TC & pre season action. ORG Travis Bond, ORT Steven Baker & center Demetrius Rhaney.

(Column A) La'el Collins- ORT/OLG/ORG
(Column B) DJ Humphries OLT
(Column C) John Miller Swing OLG/ORG
(Column D)Rob Havenstein ORT

How's this below Re built Ram OL 12intheBox ..can you live with this? Not one rookie starting early in 2015 but But the two ultra wink posts ORT & OLG are now well fortified.

LT- Robinson/Humphries[R]
LG- Jones/Washington/Miller[R]
OC- Barnes/Rhaney
RG- Saffold/Bond
RT- Reynolds/Collins[R]/Havenstein[R]/Baker

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
A: Scherff
B: Fisher
C: Tre Jackson

LT: Robinson
LG Scherff/Jackson
C : Rhaney/Jones
RG: Saffold
RT: Fisher

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A: T.J. Clemmings OT/OG
B: A.J. Cann OG/C
C: Ty Sambrailo OT/OG
D: Daryl Williams OT/OG

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
A: Andrus Peat, LT.
B: A.J. Cann, C.
C: Ty Sambrailo, RG.
D: Daryl Williams, RT.
E: Jamil Douglas, LG.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As for myself, I take

A: Ereck Flowers. I know I know - you don't take a right tackle at 10, he had early projections lower in the first and even in the second (those projections were always wrong, btw - he has been a top 20 pick since the day he declared), his technique is a mess (this part has some merit). But the kid has left tackle skills. Light feet, massive frame, power to spare - but the most important thing is his attitude out there. He plays hungry. Like G Rob, what he lacks are the things that can be taught and what he has are the things that cannot be taught. If you have GRob and Flowers as your bookends, you will be no fun to play against at all.

B. As much as I like some of the names in column B, I take a pass on O Line. This seems like a fertile spot to grab a WR or look at a first round grade who fell. Of course, its certainly possible that an O Lineman is the BPA here and I wouldn't hesitate to go back to back.

C. Tre Jackson. Back to the state of Florida for another big body. I'd rather have a more athletic (column B) type guy on the inside but Jackson will do. He needs a nutritionist, but he has quality NFL starter makeup.

D. Andy Gallik continues to be one of my favorite guys in this draft but I think I pass again on O Line here.

Rhaney, Jones, Barnes, Saffold, Jackson, Flowers, Robinson, Washington, Reynolds - I'm nervous at center but I'm feeling pretty good about our depth.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Column A - Skip
Column B - Depends upon what other players are available
Column C - Depends upon what other players are available
Column D - Depends upon what other players are available

WestCoastRam

Legend
Column A - Skip
Column B - Depends upon what other players are available
Column C - Depends upon what other players are available
Column D - Depends upon what other players are available

Yeah, let's get a different protein and load up on side dishes later in the draft.