Chiefs will tread lightly in poaching Rams fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/23/chiefs-will-market-in-st-louis/

Chiefs will market in St. Louis
Posted by Mike Florio on January 23, 2016

Two weeks ago, Missouri had two NFL teams. It now has one. And the one still left hopes to draw fans from the other side of the state.

But the Kansas City Chiefs will tread lightly in St. Louis, out of respect for a fan base still recovering from the relocation of the Rams.

“I’ve gotten texts and emails from fans saying I’m now a Chiefs fan, and we appreciate all that,” team president Mark Donovan said, via Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star. “But we’re going to take a strategic approach to that — we’re going to be respectful. They’ve been through a really tough process. We’re going to continue to do what we do, and we think with the success we’re having on the field and the success we’re having off the field, it creates a great opportunity for us.”

The Colts also have welcomed Rams fans to Indianapolis, and the Chiefs hope that their games will be televised more frequently in the now-vacant market.

“We’re in conversations right now with the league on how the league’s going to look at that, and we’ll make our case there,” Donovan said.

Coincidentally (or not), Chiefs owner Clark Hunt was the only member of the Committee on L.A. Opportunities to vote against allowing the Chargers and Raiders sharing space in Carson. Which opened the door for letting the Rams leaves St. Louis for Los Angeles.
---------
If my Bills were to ever move, there’s exactly a 0% chance I’d ever become a Jets or Giants fan. I’d be done with the league and enjoy my newfound freedom on Sunday’s.
--------
As a Chiefs fan, I will not be welcoming the worst fan base in organized sports (outside of the faiders).
---------
I would think a good number of fans will gravitate to the Bears as well. The Bears probably now regret building such a low capacity stadium.
---------
Speaking as a Vikings fan, had they ever moved I decided I’d become a Browns fan. Felt I could relate to them, and misery loves company!
--------
When the SuperSonics left Seattle I gave up on the NBA. I can’t bring myself to root for the Trailblazers even though they are the only team in the NW and are owned by Paul Allen.
If the Seahawks were to leave, which nearly happened in 1996, I wouldn’t be able to cheer for the Seahawks, much less another team.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As a Chiefs fan, I will not be welcoming the worst fan base in organized sports (outside of the faiders).

Oh that does it. Random PFT commenter decrees it shall not be so.

82c6f18c05db0e8168e56e50f81626d8.500x375x1.jpg

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
As a 29 year season ticket holder for the Chiefs and history that goes back to buy $1 tickets to sitting in the Chiefs "Huddle Club" I would welcome any Rams fans to the other side of the state. The Chiefs have the one thing that the Rams have been unable to secure for a long long time an owner who cares about his team, fans, and the city. I so wish the Rams would have had someone like Lamar Hunt and now Clark Hunt leading the Rams, such a difference, as they say, it starts at the top. This whole thing reminds me so much of when I was 9 and the Kansas City A's moved to Oakland. The A's were on the verge of becoming a great team with Catfish Hunter, Reggie Jackson, Sal Bando, etc just coming up to the majors and then they were gone. It left a 9 year old boy brokenhearted. In 1968, they broadcast the Cardinal games on the radio and showed games on tv, I still remember my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Kirkham, letting us listen to the 68 World Series during class. I became a Cardinals fan due to that easing of my pain from losing the A's. Fortunately for Kansas City, the Royals came in 1969 and the rest is history. There will always be jerks in any fan base that will make light of another cities misfortune and it's all the easier in this day of social media. But I assure you the common theme among Chiefs fans is the more the merrier. We've got some great tailgaiting and would love to share a brew with you.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I can relate to the fan who was done with the NBA when he lost his team to another city. I can't support the NFL anymore, including every team whose owner voted for relocation. That just happens to be all of them, including Mr. Hunt. If he understands being loyal to his hometown so much, why did he vote yea? There's only 2 teams that voted no, one of course the Raiders, the other reportedly the Bengals owner who didn't want the NFL to be more profitable, because then he'd have to pay his players more.
Not watching football today. Not becoming a Chiefs can. I've learned so much about life & football from all the great posters here, and from my rrf days; I might be around here & there just because.... well, you know. They were my boys.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you would ask St Louis Rams fans last year, most would go beyond not caring about the Chiefs..I think hate was a more appropraite word, linking percieved Kansas City attitude/behaviour with something not bearable..Now? Who knows..

bluecoconuts

Legend
As expected, all the close teams will move in. That's why I knew their owners would vote yes when others pegged them for no. They want that money themselves.