Chiefs expected to release Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Don't know how much either has left, but I would bank on Derrick Johnson still being valuable to a team.

WestCoastRam

Legend
These are the guys that are getting picked up for 1-2 year deals these days. Good bargains to be had with long-in-the-tooth veterans if one shops judiciously. See Barwin, Connor.

WestCoastRam

Legend
And we've been talking quite a bit about guys scheduled to FA's this year but I wonder if there is a list of possible CAP casualties. Much like Barron for us (maybe) or Hali for them, there should be more guys on the market due to that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And we've been talking quite a bit about guys scheduled to FA's this year but I wonder if there is a list of possible CAP casualties. Much like Barron for us (maybe) or Hali for them, there should be more guys on the market due to that.
And I'll bet a lot of them would like to Play for the Ram after the year we just had. And because of our Coaching Staff!!(y);):D

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

just-say-no.jpg

TexasRam

Legend
Philly showed how to make good use of free agent signings to finish and fine tune a core roster.

These “types” of cap casualties would be on the table after signing Donald and a center.

Depends on what we do with the Barron and Quinn contracts which may be our own cap casualties.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
These are the guys that are getting picked up for 1-2 year deals these days. Good bargains to be had with long-in-the-tooth veterans if one shops judiciously. See Barwin, Connor.

Yes and I trust Snead's ability to judge talent, yeah he's not perfect but the guy does a great job overall. The type of guys that have been around, and have playoff experience, can really help out.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That being said, while we're talking about cap casualties as possible pick ups, these are not gonna be those guys. I don't think they'll offer us anything over what we already have or even the backups we have.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That being said, while we're talking about cap casualties as possible pick ups, these are not gonna be those guys. I don't think they'll offer us anything over what we already have or even the backups we have.

Yup, ... Hali should retire, he's just about done imo. Johnson could work well as a rotational guy with Ogletree, but they'd both have to cut their salaries considerably to make anything like that work. Ogletree as a spy or an interior pass rusher & Johnson in coverage, between the two they might actually make one great player. :D

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
If these guys can still play , either would be a great addition .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yup, ... Hali should retire, he's just about done imo. Johnson could work well as a rotational guy with Ogletree,

Shit changes in a hurry this off season eh.

We could use some LB help and something tells me Snead is holed up somewhere working on it now.