Chester Bennington dies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Lead singer of Linkin Park hung himself at the age of 41 today. He had six kids.

I don't normally get weird about celebrity deaths but I grew up listening to this band. This one stings a bit.

If anyone ever feels alone, you're not. It's ok to talk and it's ok to admit you're not fine. Let's be there for each other when we need to be.

RIP Chester.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wow.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/07/20/linkin-parks-chester-bennington-dead-at-41.html

Linkin Park's Chester Bennington dead at 41

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has died at the age of 41, according to The Los Angeles County Coroner.

Bennington hanged himself inside a private home in Palos Verdes Estates in Los Angeles County, TMZ reports. According to the gossip site, the singer struggled with drug and alcohol addiction and had previously talked about suicide as the result of childhood trauma and abuse.

For years, he acted as the frontman to the rock group, whose hits include “Faint,” “In the End” and “Crawling.”

The news comes on the same day the band debuted a new music video for the song “Talking To Myself” off their latest album, “One More Light.” Previously, Bennington described how personal the new album was to him on the band’s official Facebook page.

“In the beginning, we wanted to challenge ourselves musically… but then it became more about our lives,” he said. “I sang things in the lyrics of this album that only my wife and closest friends know. I did it because i know there are other people out there who have gone through the stuff I have, and it feels better to know you’re not alone.”

The band’s website listed show dates to promote the album spanning from July 27 to October 22.

He leaves behind six children from two marriages, according to TMZ.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Same with @ScotsRam , definitely was a fan of their first few albums. Regardless this doesn't sit right, Cornell now Bennington similar outcomes. Wtf is going on?

http://loudwire.com/linkin-park-chester-bennington-suicide/

Linkin-Park-Chester-Bennington.jpg

Rich Fury, Getty Images

We’re devastated to relay that Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has reportedly committed suicide by hanging.

According to TMZ, Bennington was found in his private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. county today (July 20) just before 9AM PT. Bennington was the father of six children from two different wives.

Bennington was one of the 21st century’s leading frontmen as Linkin Park found massive success early on with the arrival of their debut album, Hybrid Theory, in 2000. The record has gone on to become one of the highest selling rock albums in U.S. history, receiving a diamond certification from the RIAA in 2005 for sales in excess of 10 million copies.

In total, Bennington recorded seven albums with Linkin Park, the most recent being One More Light, which was released earlier this year. The band has sold over 70 million albums across the world as the frontman leaves behind a storied legacy.

Linkin Park were slated to kick off their headlining North American tour to promote One More Light on July 27 with support from Machine Gun Kelly.

Loudwire extends our condolences to the Bennington family, Chester’s Linkin Park bandmates and all friends of the singer.

Read More: Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington Found Dead of Apparent Suicide | http://loudwire.com/linkin-park-chester-bennington-suicide/?trackback=tsmclip

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is a band I grew up listening to, so yeah, this stings. Rest in peace, Chester Bennington.

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well then...that fuckin sucks. The world definitely has a little less talent. RIP

BelgianRam

UDFA
Name
Timoty
I am devastated by this as I grew up with their music and still enjoy their later work. Chester had a unique versatile voice which will never be recreated. I'm gonna leave this performance, which was performed the day Chris Cornell died. probably the most emotional performance from chester and sadly very fitting to the situation. RIP

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I remember when Hybrid Theory came out... several of those songs Chester just shreds with his vocals. Amazing.

A friend of mine thought his vocals HAD to be helped by electronic means on songs like "Crawling".... he then saw them live and told me "nope, he's that good".

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Like many of you, I grew with Linkin Park in the early 2000s. They're one of my favorite bands of all time. I remember staying up at my friend's house until 4 am playing video/computer games and drinking Mountain Dew while Linkin Park discs played on repeat in the background. Chester was an amazing talent and had the voice of a generation. He will be missed.

It's so sad knowing that a person can become so depressed that they believe their only option is suicide. My heart goes out to Chester, Linkin Park, his family, friends, and fellow fans. RIP.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVTXPUF4Oz4

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Talking to my girl about this. Something strange in the music industry. He had 666k followers on chesterbe, some type of media network. He died on Chris Cornells birthday a good friend. And these lyrics...

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Still struggling to process this. Amazing talent.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/chester-bennington-my-mind-is-like-a-bad-neighborhood-w493476

Chester Bennington on Depression: My Mind 'Is Like a Bad Neighborhood'
Months before his suicide, Linkin Park frontman discussed lifelong battle with demons, what inspired hit song 'Heavy'
By Joyce Chen

chester-bennington-04-dd0885a4-e2df-411e-b1a5-dd3e68e2df77.jpg

Chester Bennington/ Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic

Following Chester Bennington's shocking death Thursday, a newly resurfaced interview sheds more light on the Linkin Park frontman's lifelong struggle with his mental health.

"My whole life, I've just felt a little off," Bennington said in conversation with Music Choice earlier this year. "I find myself getting into these patterns of behavior or thought – especially when I'm stuck up here [in my head]; I like to say that 'this is like a bad neighborhood, and I should not go walking alone.'" (Bennington suffered molestation as a young boy, and struggled with addiction, on and off, throughout his life.)

The celebrated singer was found dead at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California, early Thursday morning, after an apparent suicide. He was 41.

"Most of my problems are problems that I cause myself," he continued in the interview. "That's what that song ["Heavy"] is about – that time when you consciously look at that. Once you acknowledge what it is, you can separate yourself from it and do something about it, as opposed to just being in it."

Bennington is best known for his screamed, emotional vocals on Linkin Park's biggest hits, including "In the End" and "One Step Closer." For "Heavy," the band's latest single, the singer lent calmer vocals alongside pop singer Kiiara.

Thursday marked a significant day for Bennington; it would have been Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell's 53rd birthday. Bennington and Cornell were longtime friends.

"I can't imagine a world without you in it," Bennington wrote in a touching post to social media at the time of Cornell's death. "I pray you find peace in the next life. I send my love to your wife and children, friends and family. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life."

Bennington would later perform Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" at Cornell's funeral; he is the godfather to Cornell's 11-year-old son, Chris.

Cornell's widow, Vicky Cornell, tweeted Thursday, "Just when I thought my heart couldn't break any more.....I love you."

Bennington is survived by his wife of 12 years, Talinda Ann Bentley, and six children.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
No sympathy for him. Leaves his six kids without a father. Basically a nice fuck you to all his kids and wife who will miss him and wonder why they weren't good enough for him to live.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No sympathy for him. Leaves his six kids without a father. Basically a nice freak you to all his kids and wife who will miss him and wonder why they weren't good enough for him to live.
Tragically, I have to agree with you Tron! A Tragic Loss to Family - Friends - Fans! But the guy took the Cowards-way-out!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Some people have some serious ghosts, man

I'm telling you, the mind needs to be constantly reaffirmed as being "okay" and the discipline it takes to do so can often lose out to horrid memories

Many creatives have completely open minds - meaning eveything floods into them. And I mean everything. Like something as simple as your wife going to get groceries - abhorrent thoughts will enter their mind, like she may not return, she may get into a crash, and then they visualize it as well. Their bodies strewn across the highway. It takes effort to isolate those thoughts, set them aside, and focus on what is really going on.

On the positive side, he wasn't some chump.

He left the kids enough I think - a artistc legacy, lots of money, opportunity, a faithful mother, loving siblings. And I know that doesn't mean all will end well for the kids - i mean when you have 6, the odds of one going a bit zany goes up, right

Anyway, I thank God for my faith

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I had a pretty close friend commit suicide many years ago.

@Tron I actually thought what you posted, sort of anyway. A couple of us were talking about it and we all felt "we weren't good enough to talk to and help, what the fuck?"

I remember taking his computer to my house to sift through it to look for clues because there was no note and nobody saw it coming. I was at the apartment when his body was taken out.

I've always said if he came back to live I would beat that motherfucker right back to death.

I know another person who had a brother commit suicide on the side of the freeway with a gun. A wife and two kids. I remember posting about the funeral service on the old Rams Huddle board. What a waste of an afternoon that was. Why celebrate that motherfuckers life? His wife and kids weren't good enough?

I have zero sympathy for people who kill themselves.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Tragic and it has me bummed. To those who have no sympathy, you are part of the problem with the stigma and do not understand mental illness and what childhood trauma can manifest as life goes on. Its all a tragic and this hit me hard.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
No sympathy for him. Leaves his six kids without a father. Basically a nice freak you to all his kids and wife who will miss him and wonder why they weren't good enough for him to live.

Count your blessings that you can't understand those of us whose brains don't work properly. While it's common that you can't (thank God), you and @LesBaker are very fortunate.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Count your blessings that you can't understand those of us whose brains don't work properly. While it's common that you can't (thank God), you and @LesBaker are very fortunate.
I do understand more than you know. I have dealt with depression the majority of my life and have attempted suicide more than once.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I do understand more than you know. I have dealt with depression the majority of my life and have attempted suicide more than once.

Well then I stand corrected. My apologies.