Cheaters gonna cheat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
kuantan97 says:
May 15, 2015 7:30 PM

It all started when a bunch of scrubs cheated a Rams team they had no business being on the same field with
and then there is this..
In 2007, Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated reported that in a 2006 Lions-Patriots game in New England, then-Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz had Detroit’s offense off to a good start until he lost the ability to call plays because the communications system went out. According to that report, it happened to the Lions twice, both times in the middle of drives when the Lions were picking up steam.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
That's like saying it's funny when the fat kid shakes down the nerdy kid with glasses while giving him a wedgie.

That play was cheating then, even if it wasn't dubbed cheating as it should have been in the first place.

You can make a case it should be cheating but they did nothing that was outside of the rules. In fact the rules are in the rule book that they leveraged.

Now if Fisher did that in a playoff game that we won, we would be saying what a great job and that he was prepared lol.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can make a case it should be cheating but they did nothing that was outside of the rules. In fact the rules are in the rule book that they leveraged.

Now if Fisher did that in a playoff game that we won, we would be saying what a great job and that he was prepared lol.
I don't fault the Patriots, I fault the refs for not doing their part to notify the Ravens of what was going on. The Patriots found a loophole and exploited it. That's good coaching. I'm sure they were cheating in other ways besides the deflated balls in that game. That is the dirtiest organization in all of sports.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
In 2007, Paul Zimmerman of Sports Illustrated reported that in a 2006 Lions-Patriots game in New England, then-Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz had Detroit’s offense off to a good start until he lost the ability to call plays because the communications system went out. According to that report, it happened to the Lions twice, both times in the middle of drives when the Lions were picking up steam.

If this is happening, surely the NFL keeps track of the frequency and situation for each team.

I can't see how a team would get away with this, as if it were happening more than the norm you'd get sniffed out.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Patriots have been cheating for years. They get caught once in a while, who cares? It'll blow away. Goodell knows it. He looks tough by suspending his poster boy, but he knows the suspension will get reduced on appeal. That way it has the appearance of the league coming down on a cheating organization, but nothing ends up with more than a slap on the hand. In the meantime, Patriots can collect the hardware and convince themselves they earned it. To them and their fans, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
I think this sums it up perfectly.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If this is happening, surely the NFL keeps track of the frequency and situation for each team.

I can't see how a team would get away with this, as if it were happening more than the norm you'd get sniffed out.
How many times does the Patriots communication systems go down at a home game? :sneaky:

rams2050

Starter
Patriots comms never go down; neither the 'official' one nor the 'unofficial' cheating and undetectable frequency one used, ostensibly, by Ernie Adams, oh he of the eidetic memory.