Chasing the Redskins / RG3 Hurt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you haven't seen this, check out the hit;

[nfl]0ap2000000107937[/nfl]

Rams fans are glued to the Redskins for two reasons...

(1) We are chasing them and others for the Wild Card. The Redskins come back win (behind Cousins) hurt today. The Ravens folded like a cheap towel down the stretch.

And of course...

(2) We are getting the Redskins first round picks the next two years.

Makes it pretty easy to root against these guys. I am NOT rooting for RG3 to get hurt, but this doesn't surprise me. He's not the biggest guy in the world and he's gotten creamed many times this year. Another injury was just a matter of time if they don't adjust and limit the exposure to hits.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've seen a lot of people 'poo poo' the idea that a running QB is more susceptible to getting hurt. He *has* been getting dinged up a bit this year, and I don't think he has a real long future ahead of him if he keeps putting himself out there against big LBs and DBs.

That said, it looks like a simple hyperextension. Who knows though.

I don't care enough about him to care if he's hurt or not. All I wanna know is that they end up losing out for the rest of the season with or without him. I want their HIGH draft choice this year and next.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
I've seen a lot of people 'poo poo' the idea that a running QB is more susceptible to getting hurt. He *has* been getting dinged up a bit this year, and I don't think he has a real long future ahead of him if he keeps putting himself out there against big LBs and DBs.

That said, it looks like a simple hyperextension. Who knows though.

I don't care enough about him to care if he's hurt or not. All I wanna know is that they end up losing out for the rest of the season with or without him. I want their HIGH draft choice this year and next.

You are probably right about the hyperextension, as he was walking around (albeit gingerly) on the sideline at the end of the game.

Now that he's hurt, I guess I'm cool with him missing time or whatever it takes to get those guys losing. Then again, K Cousins looked pretty solid in relief duty.

And... Yeah, I want that pick as early as possible on draft day!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ouch, that did not look good.

RG3 doesn't bother me...the hype for him does. Yeah, real great QB who fumbles into a TD. LOL. Maybe he can get a $5 footlong to celebrate.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:

RG3 doesn't bother me...the hype for him does. Yeah, real great QB who fumbles into a TD. LOL. Maybe he can get a $5 footlong to celebrate.

I find the hype nauseating... beyond anything I've seen before in sports media. Even WORSE than Tebow last year if possible!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Griffin doesn’t believe he tore his ACL

Posted by Mike Florio
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-his-acl/

When the leg of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III whipped violently during a fourth-quarter hit from Ravens defensive lineman Haloti Ngata, it looked like the injury to his right knee could be bad.

It still may not be great, but Griffin said after the game that he doesn’t believe he suffered a torn ACL.

“I know what an ACL feels like,” Griffin said, via multiple reporters on Twitter.

Indeed he does. Griffin once tore the ACL in that same knee.

Coach Mike Shanahan said that Griffin will have an MRI to determine the extent of the damage. Griffin returned to the game after missing one snap, but then left after he was badly limping. Griffin, according to Shanahan, wanted to return a second time.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
X said:
Griffin doesn’t believe he tore his ACL

Posted by Mike Florio
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... e-his-acl/

When the leg of Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III whipped violently during a fourth-quarter hit from Ravens defensive lineman Haloti Ngata, it looked like the injury to his right knee could be bad.

It still may not be great, but Griffin said after the game that he doesn’t believe he suffered a torn ACL.

“I know what an ACL feels like,” Griffin said, via multiple reporters on Twitter.

Indeed he does. Griffin once tore the ACL in that same knee.

Coach Mike Shanahan said that Griffin will have an MRI to determine the extent of the damage. Griffin returned to the game after missing one snap, but then left after he was badly limping. Griffin, according to Shanahan, wanted to return a second time.
Well maybe if you learned how to slide you would live to play another down. Honestly, I just don't get why you're a running qb and don't slide to keep your body fresh... Oh well better draft pick for us! :ww:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
CGI_Ram said:
Angry Ram said:

I find the hype nauseating... beyond anything I've seen before in sports media. Even WORSE than Tebow last year if possible!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Try living in the DC area. RJesus the third is ALL you hear about round here. Nauseating indeed.