Charlie Weis a good fit for us

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
He is a horrible HC, so is Norv Turner but I would take him as our OC in a heartbeat. Weis has had good success as an NFL play caller. His teams run the football well. In 2010 he got Matt Cassel to play extremely well throwing 27 TDs to 7 INTs. He has had good success through this career.

If we land he or Chud I will be happy. I think Chud will probably pick the 49ers over us, but he would be ideal due to the fact he runs the same system. Weis would be another good choice.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As a die hard Notre Dame fan, I strongly detest Charlie Weis. Set back the program with lazy recruiting, only focused on the offensive side of the ball and alienated himself from the Athletic Department..
So watching him flounder and fail at Kansas was a pleasure.
That said, as an OC? I'd take him in a second
Was great with Jets, laid the groundwork in New England and did a darned good job in KC
The best thing about him is that there isnt a threat of him leaving in a year or two for a HC gig because hes burned that bridge for sure

iced

I'd be fine with Weis... was good in KC, was decent at Notre Dame (managed to convince the nfl media world that claussen was a first round qb)

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As a die hard Notre Dame fan, I strongly detest Charlie Weis. Set back the program with lazy recruiting, only focused on the offensive side of the ball and alienated himself from the Athletic Department..
So watching him flounder and fail at Kansas was a pleasure.
That said, as an OC? I'd take him in a second
Was great with Jets, laid the groundwork in New England and did a darned good job in KC
The best thing about him is that there isnt a threat of him leaving in a year or two for a HC gig because hes burned that bridge for sure
The whole burned HC bridge is a great point. Like Norv Turner, you don't have to worry about getting a new coordinator if the offense takes off.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Weis strikes me as a fat, lazy POS who benefitted from being in NE and having Belichick ride his @$$. He has the resume, but still I'd consider him an iffy hire.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be fine with Weis... was good in KC, was decent at Notre Dame (managed to convince the nfl media world that claussen was a first round qb)
He had Clausen thrive on back shoulder passes.
But Clausen wasnt the best example of Weis getting a player highly over rated. Brady Quinn is.
Clausen I still believe has NFL skills where Quinn despite all his numbers was never an NFL signal caller IMO

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Anyone interested in Mike Mularkey? Did a good job with Matt Ryan in Atlanta from 2008-2011 or so. Then he had one year as a HC . .. seems like he's got more skins on the wall than the kid from Buffalo.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone interested in Mike Mularkey? Did a good job with Matt Ryan in Atlanta from 2008-2011 or so. Then he had one year as a HC . .. seems like he's got more skins on the wall than the kid from Buffalo.
I believe Tennesee declined letting him interview anywhere

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I believe Tennesee declined letting him interview anywhere
okay, thanks. Missed that. I know he wants to be an OC, just heard from friend at Senior Bowl . . . but didn't know Titans blocked him, but he's a TE coach there . . . Tennessee is being real hardball if they won't let him interview elsewhere.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
okay, thanks. Missed that. I know he wants to be an OC, just heard from friend at Senior Bowl . . . but didn't know Titans blocked him, but he's a TE coach there . . . Tennessee is being real hardball if they won't let him interview elsewhere.
Pretty sure Chicago Bears wanted to talk with him and Tennessee wouldnt allow it. Just like Van Pelt and Chud, teams can decline if asst is under contract. Dallas wouldnt let Callahan interview last year either.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Pretty sure Chicago Bears wanted to talk with him and Tennessee wouldnt allow it. Just like Van Pelt and Chud, teams can decline if asst is under contract. Dallas wouldnt let Callahan interview last year either.
I saw where the Bucs wanted to interview him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw where the Bucs wanted to interview him.
Chud contract expires Monday and becomes a coaching "free agent"
Rams, 49ers and Colts will bid for his service
Pretty sure this will clarify the search

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I don't know if I want to go down that patriots style offense again since it failed so miserably with McDaniels

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if I want to go down that patriots style offense again since it failed so miserably with McDaniels
McD and Weis are more disimilar than they are similar. Weis is much more ball control

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Mularkey is currently the TE Coach for the Titans and they denied the Bears permission 7 days ago and he's under contract so they are not letting him go would be a similar situation like Alex Van Pelt.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not a Weis fan at Kansas he was known to fall asleep in meetings and although I understand that everyone has their area of opportunities, IMO, being calorically challenged limits Weis in many ways and he really was not that good at Florida as OC a few years ago.

I used to think he was a heck of a coach, but after Florida and the debacle at Kansas I would stand clear of him he just seems to have lost the spring in his step and I would much rather go with Rob Boras over Weis if Chud stays with the Colts.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a Weis fan at Kansas he was known to fall asleep in meetings and although I understand that everyone has their area of opportunities, IMO, being calorically challenged limits Weis in many ways and he really was not that good at Florida as OC a few years ago.

I used to think he was a heck of a coach, but after Florida and the debacle at Kansas I would stand clear of him he just seems to have lost the spring in his step and I would much rather go with Rob Boras over Weis if Chud stays with the Colts.
He's a terrible HC
But looking past success at Jets, Pats and Chiefs over 1 year at Florida? Hmmm. Thats pretty tough.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Pretty sure at this point there waiting on Chud and if that falls through its Boras.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Pretty sure at this point there waiting on Chud and if that falls through its Boras.

I kind of think that's the deal...Not that much still out there...If the Rams had interest in the other available guys, seems they would have talked to them by now...