Charlie Casserly gives his view on the Rams and the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[101]95094859[/101]
<a class="postlink" href="http://soundcloud.com/101sports/charlie-casserly-6-2-13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soundcloud.com/101sports/charlie-casserly-6-2-13</a>

Ram_of_Old

Thanks....a good listen. Casserly has always been a solid judge of team talent.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He thinks the Rams will be using another pick on RB next year. I hope not!

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Charlie Casserly brings up a great point that I am always trying to tell Rams fans....While our pass catchers all have potential and talent, they are VERY young. I understand being excited to see them play, I am VERY excited, but I always try to keep myself grounded and I would like more Rams fans do this because some could be setting themselves up for disappointment..Such as the fools dubbing this offense GSOT part 2 smh.....

Just try to remember, while talented, these pass catchers are young and unproven. I can already see Sam getting absolutely slammed from Rams nation because of this smh :nono:

nighttrain

Legend
X said:
[101]95094859[/101]
<a class="postlink" href="http://soundcloud.com/101sports/charlie-casserly-6-2-13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soundcloud.com/101sports/charlie-casserly-6-2-13</a>

For this season, cautious caused by youth, but optimistic going forward, I agree.
train

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Brought up a good point about Pead missing the first week, and if Stacy and Richardson do pretty well, how Pead might not really get into the rotation till one of them starts doing poorly.

nighttrain

Legend
iBruce said:
Brought up a good point about Pead missing the first week, and if Stacy and Richardson do pretty well, how Pead might not really get into the rotation till one of them starts doing poorly.
Doubt this has as much meaning as preseason, and we will be pass first offense, this I believe.
train

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
iBruce said:
That's not RB by committee. That's the bell-cow mentality that we had when Jackson was here. All the RBs will be given opportunities to play, though they'll probably only have 3 active on Game Day. Pead will get his touches, just like the others.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Barring one of them lighting it up in preseason, I think the early determining factor will be their pass blocking abilities. I don't think you're gonna get many touches if you can't pass block. Stacy might have the edge there.

I agree with his reservations about crowning Austin or any of our young WRs as the answer for our offense. I see both our TEs having the largest impact early on.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
Barring one of them lighting it up in preseason, I think the early determining factor will be their pass blocking abilities. I don't think you're gonna get many touches if you can't pass block. Stacy might have the edge there.

I agree with his reservations about crowning Austin or any of our young WRs as the answer for our offense. I see both our TEs have the largest impact early on.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I think the TE's are going to be the go-to's early on, and they'll gradually build up Austin's route tree as the season wears on. Maybe feed him tons of bubble screens, reverses, and passes in the flat or quick curls. Bailey might be the wildcard here. I don't know why, but I think he'll step in and be every bit as productive as Gibson was, and perhaps even a little *more* productive right off the bat.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
X observed:
Yeah, I think the TE's are going to be the go-to's early on, and they'll gradually build up Austin's route tree as the season wears on. Maybe feed him tons of bubble screens, reverses, and passes in the flat or quick curls. Bailey might be the wildcard here. I don't know why, but I think he'll step in and be every bit as productive as Gibson was, and perhaps even a little *more* productive right off the bat.

Everything I've read about Bailey would seem to support your view on him. He certainly (from what I've read) isn't going to have as steep a learning curve as most WR rookies and if Quick doesn't watch himself he could be passed by Bailey early on.

The thing that strikes me most about having no experience at the position is that it's likely to be a trial by fire kind of thing. Give everyone lots of opportunities and see who rises to the challenge.

When we aren't operating a no huddle I'd like to see us platooning all our WRs almost every play. I'm not knowledgeable enough about that to say it would work in practice but I think it would definitely wear out the opposing DBs in a hurry. It's early but I don't think there will be much drop off in talent if we were to platoon like that.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
biggame1190 said:
Charlie Casserly brings up a great point that I am always trying to tell Rams fans....While our pass catchers all have potential and talent, they are VERY young. I understand being excited to see them play, I am VERY excited, but I always try to keep myself grounded and I would like more Rams fans do this because some could be setting themselves up for disappointment..Such as the fools dubbing this offense GSOT part 2 smh.....

Just try to remember, while talented, these pass catchers are young and unproven. I can already see Sam getting absolutely slammed from Rams nation because of this smh :nono:

Good point BG. WR's rarely have a breakout season in their rookie year. Look at Pettis and Quick... and countless others... including many in the HOF.

Givens had his moments as a rookie because of his elite speed... which I think Austin could follow in those same footsteps (exceptional skill set)... but like Givens he won't be at his best as a rookie.

I think the expectations for Bailey are too high right now. He's going to need some seasoning.

But my optimism remains high; Cook is seasoned. Givens is in year two. Austin will be a factor because he's just damn off-the-charts with the elusiveness. Quick could be all that we hoped for in year two.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
biggame1190 said:

Good point BG. WR's rarely have a breakout season in their rookie year. Look at Pettis and Quick... and countless others... including many in the HOF.

Givens had his moments as a rookie because of his elite speed... which I think Austin could follow in those same footsteps (exceptional skill set)... but like Givens he won't be at his best as a rookie.

I think the expectations for Bailey are too high right now. He's going to need some seasoning.

But my optimism remains high; Cook is seasoned. Givens is in year two. Austin will be a factor because he's just damn off-the-charts with the elusiveness. Quick could be all that we hoped for in year two.
:ja: :plus1:
train