Chargers lead NFL in dead cap

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...million-to-players-who-arent-on-their-roster/

Chargers lead NFL in dead cap

Finally, the Chargers are in first place again.

According to Spotrac, the Chargers owe $21,840,169 to players who no longer reside on their roster. That's the highest "dead cap" figure in the NFL, edging out theBaltimore Ravens, who owe just under $19 million in dead cap. So no, being first in this particular category isn't a good thing.

Take a look at the entire list, which For The Win assembled:
  1. Chargers: $21.84M
  2. Ravens: $18.87M
  3. Jets: $17.32M
  4. Saints: $16.25M
  5. Cowboys: $16.25M
  6. Eagles: $14M
  7. 49ers: $13.43M
  8. Browns: $11.47M
  9. Redskins: $9.78M
  10. Texans: $9.44M
  11. Colts: $8.62M
  12. Chiefs: $8.59M
  13. Dolphins: $8.2M
  14. Bills: $7.92M
  15. Steelers: $6.36M
  16. Rams: $5.71M
  17. Titans: $4.83M
  18. Falcons: $4.57M
  19. Vikings: $4.47
  20. Jaguars: $4.39M
  21. Packers: $4.27
  22. Lions: $3.94M
  23. Bears: $3.8M
  24. Giants: 3.09M
  25. Cardinals: $2.94M
  26. Panthers: $1.98M
  27. Patriots: $1.55M
  28. Buccaneers: $865K
  29. Seahawks: $827K
  30. Bengals: $333K
  31. Broncos: $72K
  32. Raiders: $55K
The reason why the Chargers owe nearly $22 million? They're paying two offensive linemen -- Orlando Franklin and King Dunlap -- a combined $11,550,000 in 2017. Throw in the $4 million they owe cornerback Brandon Flowers and the $1 million they owe receiver Stevie Johnson and you can understand why their dead cap is so high. Meanwhile, the Ravens owe at least $2 million to each of the following players: Eugene Monroe, Dennis Pitta, Shareece Wright, Elvis Dumervil, Jeremy Zuttah and Lardarius Webb.

But enough about the teams on the wrong end of that list. Let's take a moment to praise the Raiders, who have completed a stunning salary cap turnaround.

The Raiders owe just $55,000 in dead cap. As our Joel Corry noted a few years ago, the Raiders had more than $55 million in dead money during the 2013 season. So, general manager Reggie McKenzie has managed to go from $55 million in dead cap to $55 thousand in just four years. That's incredible. The Chargers should probably pay attention to the team up north.

Once again, NorCal defeats SoCal.

Disclaimer: I live in Oakland.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I guess the Rams are doing fine at #16 - 5.71 Mil in Dead-Cap Money! All things considered that sounds good!

Ram65

Legend
Most of that is GRob money 3.449 then Sensabaughn and yes Nick Foles @ 1 Mil each.

I was looking at this link earlier today at spotrac which show the Rams in really good shape after this year as far as dead money.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/

Scroll to end for year to year.

Things can change fast in the NFL as far as money and cap. Demoff has played the cap game very well. Him and the Rams have messed up on over paying or not paying players. Misses on free agents and injuries can hurt the cap. The pay as you go approach is working well.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Most of that is GRob money 3.449 then Sensabaughn and yes Nick Foles @ 1 Mil each.

I was looking at this link earlier today at spotrac which show the Rams in really good shape after this year as far as dead money.

Things can change fast in the NFL as far as money and cap. Demoff has played the cap game very well. Him and the Rams have messed up on over paying or not paying players. Misses on free agents and injuries can hurt the cap. The pay as you go approach is working well.
That 5.5 million is wrapped up in 3 ex players ....not bad but you have to scratch yur head :shocking:on Foles & Coty UFA signs.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Notice the dead money owed to OL guys? Another indication how hard it is to scout and draft.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

Wow, I thought the Lions would assume responsibility for the remainder of the contract considering it was a trade. We really got fleased if we traded him for a late pick and still need to pay out his rookie contract.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
But enough about the teams on the wrong end of that list. Let's take a moment to praise the Raiders, who have completed a stunning salary cap turnaround.

They have been on a roll in so many ways it's hard to believe they are going to leave Oakland again.

Terrible.

Fleased? WTF hahaha.

You better edit that before your Dad sees it or he may not pay for any more college tuition LOL.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
They have been on a roll in so many ways it's hard to believe they are going to leave Oakland again.

Terrible.

Fleased? WTF hahaha.

You better edit that before your Dad sees it or he may not pay for any more college tuition LOL.

Not much to lose, I got 2 classes left, lol

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not much to lose, I got 2 classes left, lol
So what's your Major Ramrasta!?! Sports Medicine? Broadcasting? or are you going to Run a Fishing Boat Business? :D I'm sure any of the above would Please ' Dear-Old-Dad! ( Right, @Selassie I !?!):rolllaugh:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
So what's your Major Ramrasta!?! Sports Medicine? Broadcasting? or are you going to Run a Fishing Boat Business? :D I'm sure any of the above would Please ' Dear-Old-Dad! ( Right, @Selassie I !?!):rolllaugh:

I'm Civil Engineering but I'm specializing in water treatment. Hopefully one day I will be designing wastewater treatment plants to employ a large part of the Rams offense last season.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm Civil Engineering but I'm specializing in water treatment. Hopefully one day I will be designing wastewater treatment plants to employ a large part of the Rams offense last season.
An admiral goal Ramrasta! It should make you a lot of money, especially IF you can get the L.A. Tax-payers to kick-in!!:LOL:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

It's actually a very complex process but in a way you do use sand. They actually use microbes that use the volatile solids as a food source to clean the human element of it out. Then they run it through sand to clean the inert material out so it's basically adding more sand. Sand filters do occasionally need a backwash cycle but the backwash water is typically only 4-7% of the water which is successfully filtered.