Chargers expected to exercise option to move to L.A.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Never going to happen, just wait and see!!! Spanos hates Kroenke, and he doesn't really want to leave San Diego! This is all just a leverage play!

Hope your right...I told my friend who is a Chargers fan I dont want them here. I'd rather have the Raiders back.

Todd59

Rookie
What is all this talk about needing time to gain traction in the city of Los Angeles? I thought LA was hungry for football? I thought the Rams were returning to their rightful home? If San Diego steals away the city from the Rams, especially when the Rams were given a one year head start, then the Rams have no one to blame but themselves.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Never going to happen, just wait and see!!! Spanos hates Kroenke, and he doesn't really want to leave San Diego! This is all just a leverage play!
There is no one to have leverage against. He will never get a nickel of public funding for a stadium in San Diego.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I thought there was a 1 billion relocation fee. Or is that just for some owners and not others?

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
San Diego is filing just in case the Sin City Raiders deal fell through in Las Vegas and to buy them a little more time.

It would have been very stupid of Spanos to move to L.A. The Chargers will be second-class tenant since the Rams have more history and traditions in the LA/OC/Ventura/Riverside/Inland Empire and own the southern California market.

For Spanos to move to L.A. and destroy the history, traditions and fan base of the Chargers, it does not seem like a smart move on his part.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
What is all this talk about needing time to gain traction in the city of Los Angeles? I thought LA was hungry for football? I thought the Rams were returning to their rightful home? If San Diego steals away the city from the Rams, especially when the Rams were given a one year head start, then the Rams have no one to blame but themselves.

Sounds very much like a disgruntled ex- St. Louis Rams fan...

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
In Sacramento, we have an abandoned arena surrounded by plenty of parking with easy exits and access to freeways. A light rail extension is going to be constructed nearby as well.

People are torn between being Raiders and 49ers fans. The Spanos family is from Stockton (45 minutes south), make it happen.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What is really sad about that is that Oakland fans have been tremendously loyal and supportive of their team and are going to lose it anyway. Same for San Diego.

Nobody that owns an NFL team, or anyone working for the NFL that matters, cares one bit about that. Sadly.

I agree, the Rams are effing this up and need to start winning. Now.

I don't want the Rams to share the stadium with anyone!(y)

Me neither, but I have to wonder if Kroenke is doing the math. Extra revenues from another team onsite versus money he may lose because fans have another team to root for. IMO that'll be the internal discussion. And at the end of the day he doesn't have any say so, the deal was put in place as a condition to allow him to move. He had to build the stadium to accomodate two NFL teams and the Chargers had a year to decide if they wanted to move in.

Yup, he has to do this, he's in a corner. And frankly this is at this point his ONLY leverage. Who knows if it's going to work but it's the only bullet left in the gun.

For Spanos to move to L.A. and destroy the history, traditions and fan base of the Chargers, it does not seem like a smart move on his part.

He's on record saying he doesn't want to move. But his wallet will make him move you can bet on that. Money, money, money. Mooooooney.

Enjoy the video........the base line is a classic and the message is timeless LOL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Do the Raiders have the same "right" the Chargers do to move into the Rams stadium?

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G

Actually, Spanos is covering his base. Because IF the Raiders' deal fell through and the Chargers did not claim their second spot to the LA market, there will be many bandwagon Rams fans turning their Rams jerseys into the Raiders if the Raiders were to move in the neighborhood.

The pressure for the Rams to win now and in the next 5-10 years to establish that winning momentum is very crucial in making the LA/So Cal Market exclusively Rams Country.