Chargers back to San Diego?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I am listening to Colin Cowherd and he is reporting that Don Banks (longtime NFL reporter) is saying that his sources are saying the NFL is going to try and force the Chargers back to San Diego. It's a disaster so far for them, being the 2nd fiddle in LA and can't fill a soccer stadium.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
Defensive backfield for sure. Dak is going to chew us up and spit us out next week.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Man, I am listening to Colin Cowherd and he is reporting that Don Banks (longtime NFL reporter) is saying that his sources are saying the NFL is going to try and force the Chargers back to San Diego. It's a disaster so far for them, being the 2nd fiddle in LA and can't fill a soccer stadium.
Already being deported toward the boarder.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
By the end of the season the Rams will be packing in blue collar crowds at the 60-70k range with a full home team advantage. At that point Spanos will be looking at his crappy sub-27k capacity crowd of yuppies who are willing to pay double-priced tickets and realizing just how painful it's going to be to do that for two more years.

I love it man. F Spanos and his $hit team.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LA Mayor Garcetti said in public something like, maybe we should have just taken the Rams in LA....OUCH!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Chargers have YET to sell out the Stub Hub Center (27,000) yet for the Chargers..Even this weekend with the Chiefs, coming according to the Mason & Ireland Show, won't sell out either...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Oh crap this will open the door for the Raiders.

That's not good.

Can't imagine the Raiders swooping into LA without looking worse from an NFL PR standpoint given that the Chargers move back to SD. Raiders formally agreed to move the Vegas and turning back on it is going to raise heads more than Spanos forcing relocation to LA.

Hope the Chargers move with Spanos forfeiting the team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Welcome to LA !!

That is why The Rams & Raiders left .
The folks from LA don't like bad owners.

People can talk bad about Stan Kronke all they want.

The truth is he is using his own money to build one of the best stadiums in the world . On a very famous Southern California piece of real estate.

History will show what Stan brings to LA & So. Cal. Start with Super Bowls & The Olympics .

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's not good.

Vegas move has been approved, and the early stages of construction has begun. The Raiders would likely have to pay for that construction out of pocket if they changed their mind - and they don't have the cash. Add in that any move of the Chargers couldn't happen until after this season - so there would likely be close to $100 million in costs that the Raiders would have to account for. Plus the relocation fee would be $300 million higher to LA. I can't see Davis choosing to pay that much, to move to a city that already has a winning team in it, and multiple years of a head start rebuilding the fan base.

No, Chargers moving back to SD would be great for the Rams, or at least for Kroenke.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

That's not good.

No it would not Les, the Shield did not want the Raiders back in Los Angeles and that is why they are giving the illusion the Chargers are in Los Angeles only to have the Raiders in Vegas and the Chargers back in San Diego and All's well that ends well.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Spanos needs to admit that SD was their market and beg for forgiveness of the fans down there. The NFL is better served by having a team in SD than two in LA and combined with the Vegas market, the NFL will actually have a huge regional market on the west coast - which is what they really want anyway.

So pony up a little cash you cheap ass Spanos and get a deal done in your own market.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No it would not Les, the Shield did not want the Raiders back in Los Angeles and that is why they are giving the illusion the Chargers are in Los Angeles only to have the Raiders in Vegas and the Chargers back in San Diego and All's well that ends well.

The league gave the Raiders the right to move though, so how can you say they don't want them there? If SD leaves then Davis can take advantage of the league granted right to take the Raiders to LA.

I know this is just a rumor right now but if it is true what a PR mess for the Chargers, Raiders (because of the LV thing) and the NFL.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Besides the money issue, I suspect the league would view the approval to move to Vegas as replacing any right to move to LA. If the Raiders tried to force it and failed they would have lost all goodwill in Vegas, leaving them very poor off.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
History will show what Stan brings to LA & So. Cal.

Look at Kroenke's history.

No, Chargers moving back to SD would be great for the Rams, or at least for Kroenke.

He'd make less money because 8 fewer games means less revenues (not counting rent which is nothing) for him. He' wants a team there, it means millions of dollars for him.

So pony up a little cash you cheap ass Spanos and get a deal done in your own market.

Haha Stu you know that's not going to happen. I don't think he actually has the $$$.

Can't imagine the Raiders swooping into LA without looking worse from an NFL PR standpoint given that the Chargers move back to SD. Raiders formally agreed to move the Vegas and turning back on it is going to raise heads more than Spanos forcing relocation to LA.

I'm not sure which would look worse, Raiders punking LV and going to LA or the Chargers going back to SD.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm not sure which would look worse, Raiders punking LV and going to LA or the Chargers going back to SD.

Raiders leaving LV for LA for sure. At least the NFL and media can collectively bash on Spanos for forcing the decision to have the Chargers move to LA in the first place

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Haha Stu you know that's not going to happen. I don't think he actually has the $$$.
No - he'd have to get daddy to sell some of his condos or sign off on a loan. Remember - Dean never did have any of his own money - nor has he ever parlayed daddy's fortune into a bigger fortune.