Changing of the guard in the NFC West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not sure if this will be the year, but it's coming here very soon. The Shehawks are an aging roster with more holes than people realize and their impact players are slipping. The Cards are dependent on a QB whose best days have been behind him now for a while and their roster took some serious hits this offseason.

I don't know how well SF is going to build this thing here in the next few seasons, but they had a draft with a couple big time impact defenders at the top of their draft. Their new GM seemed to have a good feel for how to navigate things and for identifying good players. They have what looks to be a strong staff on offense, and a very clear identity defined for who they are going to be moving forward.

Our Rams have, I think, the biggest improvement in staff overall in one season that I have seen in a long time. Both sides of the ball look very capable, and the question of how quickly or whether they can get Goff on track looms as a big question. I personally think he's got the talent and dedication and it's a matter of time and protection. Also I am not sure the Rams' front office model can sustain high quality picks required to stay on top if they can get there, but those things will come clear here in time.

I suspect this division will be more wide open this season than anyone expects. Not saying the Rams will rise this season, but it is possible if the QB position sees significant improvement and their defense makes a move to well within top 10 in scoring. Both things are possible, so while some will accuse me of kool-aid drinking here I will say we do have a chance albeit slim to have a memorable season.

So I don't know about you dudes, but I'm pumped up for this year. Can't wait for camp.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Not sure if this will be the year, but it's coming here very soon. The Shehawks are an aging roster with more holes than people realize and their impact players are slipping. The Cards are dependent on a QB whose best days have been behind him now for a while and their roster took some serious hits this offseason.

I don't know how well SF is going to build this thing here in the next few seasons, but they had a draft with a couple big time impact defenders at the top of their draft. Their new GM seemed to have a good feel for how to navigate things and for identifying good players. They have what looks to be a strong staff on offense, and a very clear identity defined for who they are going to be moving forward.

Our Rams have, I think, the biggest improvement in staff overall in one season that I have seen in a long time. Both sides of the ball look very capable, and the question of how quickly or whether they can get Goff on track looms as a big question. I personally think he's got the talent and dedication and it's a matter of time and protection. Also I am not sure the Rams' front office model can sustain high quality picks required to stay on top if they can get there, but those things will come clear here in time.

I suspect this division will be more wide open this season than anyone expects. Not saying the Rams will rise this season, but it is possible if the QB position sees significant improvement and their defense makes a move to well within top 10 in scoring. Both things are possible, so while some will accuse me of kool-aid drinking here I will say we do have a chance albeit slim to have a memorable season.

So I don't know about you dudes, but I'm pumped up for this year. Can't wait for camp.

We're seeing the same NFC West landscape, Merlin.

Teams that look past the Rams will do so at their own peril.

S&M are rebuilding in the right way. Acquiring football players that love the game and are of high football IQ and character.

There must be a thousand different storylines developing, but one thing is for sure.

This is gonna be a helluva lot of fun from camp through the final game.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
We could see another 8-8 team win the division this year. Like SB's 1st year where we went up with Seattle for the Title the last game of the season.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I always have nothing but the highest of hopes for My Rams. I too think it's going to be a Fun Pre-Season and Regular Season!
But after Cutting through all the changes of personnel and scheme, During the Season, Being a guy who loves a great Defense, I just want to be able to say, when I go to the game ......

Violance.jpg

Gifford-Bednarik.jpg

This ^ sort of thing!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I believe we're much close than some realize.
The team lastvyear was expected to make a push for the playoffs.
THe defense is in good shape.
Special teams is in good shape.
Our offense has more talent than last season. From WR to Oline, there is more depth and potential.
Our coaching staff has been improved with proven coaches that have had success in the league on both sides of the ball.

This team is not in the sinking ship that Fisher rook over. We dont need a complete overhaul.
We're a solid offense away, from making a playoff push this year. We don't have to score 30 points a game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good post @Merlin
I believe the proper offensive coaching has arrived. I still think we're going to have some growing pains with how young we are offensively across the board. The D and ST's will and have been very good.

Bottom line for me is that Goff has to be the guy to take us to the next step which is a winning season(9-10 wins).
Goff then has to be the guy to make those WOW plays and lead us into the playoffs. It's all about Goff. I'm skeptical. I wanted the other guy, but Jared is our guy. We may still be 2 or 3 years away from climbing on top of the West.

Seattle will get old eventually and they have to try to continue to restock the groceries on defense and protect, but as long as Wilson is there they'll be in the hunt IMO.

Arizona once again find themselves in WIN NOW mode, which is dubious when you haven't drafted well and your old at head coach, QB, LT, and #1 WR. There's a fine line for them being either 6-10 or 11-5 again this season. They might look alot like Steven Jackson's Rams a year from now if their not careful.

SF looks to be rebuilding correctly which is going to take some time.

IMO Seattle is still there at the top. Arizona and the Rams will be fighting for #2 while SF finishes last.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I believe we're much close than some realize.
The team lastvyear was expected to make a push for the playoffs.
THe defense is in good shape.
Special teams is in good shape.
Our offense has more talent than last season. From WR to Oline, there is more depth and potential.
Our coaching staff has been improved with proven coaches that have had success in the league on both sides of the ball.

This team is not in the sinking ship that Fisher rook over. We dont need a complete overhaul.
We're a solid offense away, from making a playoff push this year. We don't have to score 30 points a game.
27 points a game will be good enough!(y);):D

fearsomefour

Legend
I always have nothing but the highest of hopes for My Rams. I too think it's going to be a Fun Pre-Season and Regular Season!
But after Cutting through all the changes of personnel and scheme, During the Season, Being a guy who loves a great Defense, I just want to be able to say, when I go to the game ......

View attachment 19758
View attachment 19759
This ^ sort of thing!!
Greatest sign ever

Ram65

Legend

The Rams staff has improved greatly but, the roster improvements that gets me equally excited. The offense will take on a new personality. The free agent signings of leaders with skills will help Jared Goff develop faster. The draft picks that are extremely competitive football players that catch the darn ball will help Jared Goff develop faster too. The Rams defensive roster roster tweaks and hold overs for the 3-4 switch over can propel the defense to another level. There is even somes solid depth on both sides of the ball.

The division still goes thru Seattle. The Rams have in the past matched defensive efforts with Seattle which I expect to continue. I expect the Rams to continue to play well in the division as well.The Rams should close the offense gap this year and could be on the verge of being the tops in the division as Goff and the new weapons grow together. The Cardinals seem to be slipping while the Whiners are coming back with new management they still have a way to go. The Rams of the past coaching regime had trouble keeping the momentum from week to week. The great highs from winning against Seattle seemed to be followed by great lows in the next coming weeks. The new coaching staff, new players and core players can change the week to week mental and physical effort to put together some longer winning streaks. I'm pumped too!

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the time to be optimistic, so I will be. I'm excited for the new year. There's so much uncertainty, but it's good uncertainty. It's nice to be out from under Fisher.

BeefJurky

Rookie
Seattle is not that old.
They might regress when Pete retires, but other than that the team is pretty young and has the pieces to be good for a long time.