change of pace

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
How would you guys feel if we drafted De anthony Thomas for a change of pace back for stacy. and too play some wide reciever. and yes i kno we have austin just saying.

PhxRam

Anyone who can help the team and is better than what we currently have is cool with me.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
He's one of my favorite RB's. The more explosive players we have the better, I say.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Idk why you'd add him if we already have Tavon... He's a poor man's Tavon. Where would he fit on the depth chart? Stacy/Benny/DRich/Tavon are the most frequently used RBs. Tavon wouldn't surrender carries to Thomas. Those pitches, reverses, sweeps, are Tavon's plays. Why take him off the field?

I guess what I'm saying is: what does Thomas offer that the Rams don't already have?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I was afraid this was about big O goin to Denmark:whistle:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Idk why you'd add him if we already have Tavon... He's a poor man's Tavon. Where would he fit on the depth chart? Stacy/Benny/DRich/Tavon are the most frequently used RBs. Tavon wouldn't surrender carries to Thomas. Those pitches, reverses, sweeps, are Tavon's plays. Why take him off the field?

I guess what I'm saying is: what does Thomas offer that the Rams don't already have?

I don't see Black Mamba fitting here either. He's a gimmick guy, not a change of pace guy.

A change of pace guy for our offense needs to be about 20 pounds heaver than De'anthony. Pead fits the bill perfectly, and just needs to step up. Or we need Drich to return to his 2012 form.

PhxRam

I don't see Black Mamba fitting here either. He's a gimmick guy, not a change of pace guy.

A change of pace guy for our offense needs to be about 20 pounds heaver than De'anthony. Pead fits the bill perfectly, and just needs to step up. Or we need Drich to return to his 2012 form.

There is only ONE black mamba. If dude is calling himself that, he needs to change it.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
There is only ONE black mamba. If dude is calling himself that, he needs to change it.
Not sure if he annointed himself that or not, but the announcers seem to have taken a liking to that nickname lol.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
A change of pace back has no place in Schottenheimers offense.

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would just be fun him and tavon on the field at the same time. When hes in rb position and austin in the slot. as far as Austin getting carriers took away he barely ran the ball. im just saying it would be fun. if austin did get hurt you would have someone to replace him untill he is back. I think they run about the same 40 time. Also you could use Austin and him on kick off returns and punts. You kno fisher just imagine the trick plays.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It would just be fun him and tavon on the field at the same time. When hes in rb position and austin in the slot. as far as Austin getting carriers took away he barely ran the ball. im just saying it would be fun. if austin did get hurt you would have someone to replace him untill he is back. I think they run about the same 40 time. Also you could use Austin and him on kick off returns and punts. You kno fisher just imagine the trick plays.

Not going to happen. Tavon barely got carries, as you said. Why would this little guy? I doubt he's as strong as Tavon either. He put up 14 reps of 225 at the combine.

chefRAMzy

UDFA
Name
Chef
The name Black Mamba came from snoop dogg while Thomas was in high school. But on to the question, I just don't see us having room for him in the back field. If drich can come back to form and/or pead can play up to his potential, I would rather take those chances then on a 170lb running back.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

Thomas, I think, is more of an actual every down RB than Tavon. But I could be wrong. I guess imagine having the speed of Tavon on the outside or slot and Thomas in the BF.
It's about creating mismatch nightmares. The more speed you have, the more you create.
But I definitely see you're point and comparison.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW

I agree on Pead which is why he is so damn irritating. All the talent, just can't seem to get his head right. Damn it.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
That's how I felt when they started calling Tomlinson "LT", but now everyone does. Did Snoop Dogg throw that on him? IDK...

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Thomas, I think, is more of an actual every down RB than Tavon. But I could be wrong. I guess imagine having the speed of Tavon on the outside or slot and Thomas in the BF.
It's about creating mismatch nightmares. The more speed you have, the more you create.
But I definitely see you're point and comparison.

More of an every down RB than Tavon? WHAAAAAAAAT???? Neither players are every down backs. Plus Thomas is smaller and has durability concerns. I don't think he'll hold up in the NFL

tonyl711

Starter
rather find a big power runner, someone you can pound it with on the goal line, someone who can knock a Dlineman backwards.