Chad Pennington on Brian Schottenheimer (101ESPN)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He might be a good guy for Gabbert, But think about it...

Schottenheimer is 39.

He's got a long coaching career ahead of him and I don't see him making his inaugural HC debut in Jacksonville.

At 39, he should be setting the stage for a choice position. One that gives him the opportunity to be a HC for a long time. A legitimate HC like Fisher, Reid, Lovie, guys that will keep getting HC gigs.

Pick the wrong spot; he may never get the opportunity again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
He might be a good guy for Gabbert, But think about it...

Schottenheimer is 39.

He's got a long coaching career ahead of him and I don't see him making his inaugural HC debut in Jacksonville.

At 39, he should be setting the stage for a choice position. One that gives him the opportunity to be a HC for a long time. A legitimate HC like Fisher, Reid, Lovie, guys that will keep getting HC gigs.

Pick the wrong spot; he may never get the opportunity again.
This is true. Teams won't be as forgiving if he gets off to a slow start now. But if he turns this offense around, and the Rams make significant strides, then he might be afforded a little latitude. I mean, he has to know this. History bears it out. I don't even know why he's interviewing with them right now if he has no intention of taking the gig. Unless he's 1/16th Blackfoot Indian and he's satisfying the Rooney Rule.