Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
He is draft eligible and has NFL bloodlines. His uncle is Jim Kelly. Has a very strong arm. Good mobility. He had a very prolific year at Ole Miss accounting for 4,500+ yards and 41 TDs. He hasn't declared one way or another. What do you guys think of him? I see very high upside.

View: http://youtu.be/brc8kIZXjvs

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are some off the field concerns and it seems like he is leaning to going back.

Stel

Starter
I liked what I saw of him on the field. Only a one year starter but I think he has a chance to be a solid NFL starter. For his development, probably needs to go back to school. Another year rehabbing his image wouldn't hurt him. Argument for him coming out is he may have a worse year after he loses Treadwell and Tunsil but I think Ole Miss has had a couple of good recruiting classes in a row so they should be okay. FYI, he is listed on nfldraftscout.com as the #3 QB in 2017 behind Goff and Lynch - which should make him a favorite to be the top QB next season and a likely first round pick.

Athos

Legend
Not enough to go. Not a fan of one year starters. Not enough polish. Stepping up to the NFL is a big leap.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He has not declared yet but I have been going back and focusing on him quite a bit. I'll say this... The kid can ball, but his off field flags will almost surely relegate him to round 2 and that second tier of QBs.

Still, however, him declaring is the kind of bonus that might convince a team to address the position outside that elite group. And do not discount bloodlines. He is the nephew of a Hall of Fame QB, that matters to NFL teams.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There are some off the field concerns and it seems like he is leaning to going back.

Yeah the smart call is returning to college and I presume his family is counseling him right about that. But he is losing his starting LT and best WR to the NFL. And there are advantages to not being in that top tier and going to perennial losing teams, so I do think there's a chance he comes out.

If he does come out it is good news for the Rams IMO due to the deepening of the QB pool. He will be rightly viewed as a project but coveted nonetheless.

T-Hawks

UDFA
He has played very well this year. I would use a second round pick on him without hesitating.

Stel

Starter
Not enough to go. Not a fan of one year starters. Not enough polish. Stepping up to the NFL is a big leap.

I'm sure no comparison, but a few years ago there was a one year junior starter who came out, had only 14 starts, 280 pass attempts. Has done okay. His name was Cam something or other. ;)