Chad Johnson arrested Saturday, cut Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Dolphins' Chad Johnson arrested on domestic violence charge
NFL.com

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge Saturday night, Davie (Fla.) Police Cpt. Dale Engle told NFL.com and NFL Network.

Police said Johnson head-butted his newlywed wife, "Basketball Wives" star Evelyn Lozada, in the forehead during an argument that started while they were driving home from dinner around 8:30 p.m. ET. Lozada was treated at the scene for a "pretty good-sized" laceration, Engle said, and she later was taken to the hospital.

Johnson told police that he and his wife accidentally knocked heads, according to Engle, who said the "heated argument" started over a receipt for condoms found in the car. Engle originally told NFL.com and NFL Network that Johnson had found the receipt, but he later clarified it indeed was Lozada who found it and then confronted her husband.

The Johnsons live in Davie, where the Dolphins' practice facility is located, and a neighbor called police about the incident, Engle said. Johnson was charged with simple battery/domestic violence.

"We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering all of the relevant information," a Dolphins spokesman said in a statement given to NFL.com and NFL Network's Jeff Darlington.

Johnson's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, had no comment about his client's arrest when reached by NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Johnson remains in custody at Broward County Jail and won't be eligible for release until a bail hearing is set, which could be as late as Monday, Engle said. The Dolphins have a practice scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

Johnson, 34, had never been arrested during his 12-year NFL career, but according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel, he was arrested in a domestic dispute during college.

Johnson signed with Dolphins this offseason after spending last season with the New England Patriots.

Johnson started in the Dolphins' preseason opener Friday night. He didn't have a catch and was targeted only once in the 20-7 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

UPDATE: Johnson's bond was set for $2,500 on Sunday, his lawyer told the Sun Sentinel. The newspaper reports Johnson should be released Sunday morning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... line_stack

------------------------------
Chad Johnson released by Miami Dolphins after arrest
By Dan Hanzus
Writer

One day after his arrest on domestic assault charges , the Miami Dolphins have said goodbye to Chad Johnson.

That according to NFL Network contributor and Fox Sports Insider Jay Glazer, who first reported Sunday the team cut the wide receiver. Team employees cleaned out his locker at Dolphins camp.

It caps a sudden turn of events for Johnson, who two days ago was perceived on the comeback trail in his career and atop Miami's depth chart at wide receiver.

His arrest on Sunday for allegedly head-butting his wife during an argument changed everything. Johnson's last chance in the NFL might have just gone by the boards.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... aking_news

---------------------

So does someone else pick him up? I would imagine so, Johnson has a big mouth but he's not usually a problem off the field. Interesting that the Dolphins cut him so quickly.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, he can get picked up again. I don't know who would though. Someone desperate for a receiver, I would imagine, but why saddle yourself with negative publicity if you don't have to. I think the article's right in that this was probably his last shot.

He's not bigger than the league, and now it's going to set in.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Isnt this his first time getting arrested since hes been in the league? When this story broke, it absolutely shocked me.

When they traded Marshall after his incident it set a precedent for other players on that team so I think they had to cut him.