CFL Offensive Lineman?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
So I notice a lot more NFL teams are going after CFL lineman these days. I know the Colts aquired someone this off season, same with the Broncos.

Now the Calgary Stampede just released Zebrie Sanders., I would like the Rams to make a move for the guy.

Previous 5th round pick of the Bills. He's 25. Was a projected 2nd-3rd rd pick back in 2012. Seems like a Barksdale clone to me.

Opinions/ comments?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Isnt he struggling with health issues? He has good size but is he reliable enough to occupy a roster spot?

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isnt he struggling with health issues? He has good size but is he reliable enough to occupy a roster spot?

I believe he would be, but isn't that what Training Camp and Preseason is for?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
If he is getting released from a CFL team I don't think that bodes well for him making an NFL roster.

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he is getting released from a CFL team I don't think that bodes well for him making an NFL roster.

I said the same about getting a previous Bears 1st rd pick (Chris Williams) and a Raiders cast-off (Joe Barksdale)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Chris Williams sucked and Barkesdale wasn't a scheme fit for oakland with them moving to a ZBS

Rams43

Hall of Fame
So I notice a lot more NFL teams are going after CFL lineman these days. I know the Colts aquired someone this off season, same with the Broncos.

Now the Calgary Stampede just released Zebrie Sanders., I would like the Rams to make a move for the guy.

Previous 5th round pick of the Bills. He's 25. Was a projected 2nd-3rd rd pick back in 2012. Seems like a Barksdale clone to me.

Opinions/ comments?

I dunno about that.

We've got, what, 14-15 OL on the roster already? And might still sign a Blalock type if experience is deemed needed.

Then again, I'll trust to the judgement of Fisher/Boudreau. They have 40 years of NFL coaching experience between them, after all.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
O-Lineman from CFL fit well with teams that pass a ton. We are looking to pound the ball with a hard-nosed running game so most CFL linemen would not work well in our system. When you have 3 downs to make a first teams are throwing way more than running. Very few RBs in the CFL see good success running the ball. They are more proficient as receivers with the occasional draw play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Olinemen are just like QBs these days. So many played their 4 years in college in a spread offense that there is a shortage of good Olinemen these days. I think it was Casserly who said something about how valuable offensive linemen have become in recent years. He said he would take a good Olineman over just about any position these days.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Olinemen are just like QBs these days. So many played their 4 years in college in a spread offense that there is a shortage of good Olinemen these days. I think it was Casserly who said something about how valuable offensive linemen have become in recent years. He said he would take a good Olineman over just about any position these days.

These days. These days. These days. Lol you forgot to end the third sentence with it. But 3/4 ain't bad.