Center Brian De la Puente?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Any chance the Rams attempt to sign him? I thought I read somewhere that the Rams have tried to sign him before and if that is true then they must have some information (Interest) on him. I am not sure he is a long-term solution but he could be a pretty good short-term solution until the Rams find a better replacement.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I could see the Rams going in this direction as long as he's cleared medically. He's 30 which is younger than Chris Meyers and played very well for the Saints and Bears before his ankle injury and De La Puente, offers versatility as he can also play guard.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could see the Rams going in this direction as long as he's cleared medically. He's 30 which is younger than Chris Meyers and played very well for the Saints and Bears before his ankle injury and De La Puente, offers versatility as he can also play guard.

And, I am GUESSING he might be a little cheaper than Wisniewski?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Old and injury prone. He'd fit right into Wells' shoes.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
G - Dan Connolly or Mike Pollak. Versatility, health and scheme fit...gotta be a noticeable upgrade from Joseph, right?

Center is definitely an unknown at this point.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He would signal they have no belief in Barrett Jones becoming a starting Center. He's a solid Center though and would be a good option at the right price. He has durability issues though which is what we are trying to escape at the position. Would be great to get some stability and a guy who can start 16 games and grow with the offense.

I hope they late Jones and Rhaney battle it out and bring in a 3rd option in the Draft. How high they take a Center will let you know how much they trust one of those guys to take the job.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Center is definitely an unknown at this point.

Yes it is, and only one Center in this draft, Cam Erving, comes without question marks. He's rated by most 'experts' as a #18-25 pick, so unless we trade back, we won't see him at #41. I'm thinking the Raiders go Cooper and if White is still there at #10, we can't pass on him.

#10 - Kevin White WR
#41 - AJ Cann OG
#72 - Ty Sambrailo OT

Sign Wiz not De La Puente. If we're only going to sign one free agent OL starter, pay Wiz! (if his shoulder checks out)

Robinson, Cann, Wiz, Saffold, Sambrailo (or Barksdale)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Old and injury prone. He'd fit right into Wells' shoes.

Agreed. No way we should sign any more old offensive linemen with health issues and expect them to produce. I'm more comfortable putting the money into bringing back Barksdale.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
#10 - Kevin White WR
#41 - AJ Cann OG
#72 - Ty Sambrailo OT

Sign Wiz not De La Puente. If we're only going to sign one free agent OL starter, pay Wiz! (if his shoulder checks out)

Robinson, Cann, Wiz, Saffold, Sambrailo (or Barksdale)

Not a fan Sambrailo at all seemed very weak to me at the point of attack and not a good run blocker only 23 reps on bench press and does not fit the profile of what the Rams are trying to do.

Core strength issues must be monitored. Short arms for a player his height. Lacks necessary sand to hold his ground when asked to block laterally.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ty-sambrailo?id=2552366

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Any chance the Rams attempt to sign him? I thought I read somewhere that the Rams have tried to sign him before and if that is true then they must have some information (Interest) on him. I am not sure he is a long-term solution but he could be a pretty good short-term solution until the Rams find a better replacement.

I prefer the Tim Barnes(26)/Barrett Jones(24)/ Demetrius Rhaney(22) trio @center. I simply do not want a aid a wet "Band-Aid" to the center position. I feel the needs & concerns are elsewhere in this OL if we can go into TC with this trio. Sign the young vet Tim Barnes who has 45 Ram games of experience & where he has finished 6 games as our starting center since he arrived.

To me it makes good use of centers that have been under coach Paul Boudreau's grooming TB since 2012, BJ since 2013 & DR since last season. Lets give these youthful OL'ers a test drive in 2015 & see just how good they may be! Of course if your opinion on Fisher's OL coach Paul Boudreau's ability to groom quality OL'er is not good then you will want to go this direction. I want to see what Boudreau's work has turned out here.

If you want to sign an veteran OL'er best to go & get Justin Blalock & pay his price. If the Ram have only $$$ enough for one big OL signing let it be for starting OLG! Justin Blalock or Stefon Wisnienski.

Last edited:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
ugh... this Oline shit is killing me. it's like the football version of 'Who's on first'. is the offseason over yet?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I prefer the Tim Barnes(26)/Barrett Jones(24)/ Demetrius Rhaney(22) trio @center. I simply do not want a aid a wet "Band-Aid" to the center position. I feel the needs & concerns are elsewhere in this OL if we can go into TC with this trio. Sign the young vet Tim Barnes who has 45 Ram games of experience & where he has finished 6 games as our starting center since he arrived.

To me it makes good use of centers that have been under coach Paul Boudreau's grooming TB since 2012, BJ since 2013 & DR since last season. Lets give these youthful OL'ers a test drive in 2015 & see just how good they may be! Of course if your opinion on Fisher's OL coach Paul Boudreau's ability to groom quality OL'er is not good then you will want to go this direction. I want to see what Boudreau's work has turned out here.

If you want to sign an veteran OL'er best to go & get Justin Blalock & pay his price. If the Ram have only $$$ enough for one big OL signing let it be for starting OLG! Justin Blalock or Stefon Wisnienski.

Tim Barnes is visiting the Chiefs according to JT on Twitter so we might need a little more urgency if he's going to re-sign

Name
Pete
If the Chiefs make an offer I am betting Tim Barnes signs with Chiefs. No inside info. Just speculating.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Tim Barnes is visiting the Chiefs according to JT on Twitter so we might need a little more urgency if he's going to re-sign

If he signs ......Very smart move by the Chiefs IMO. Chiefs need a good center & Barnes can fill that order. Rams loose here on this & their ongoing weak Ram OL.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Not a fan Sambrailo at all seemed very weak to me at the point of attack and not a good run blocker only 23 reps on bench press and does not fit the profile of what the Rams are trying to do.

Core strength issues must be monitored. Short arms for a player his height. Lacks necessary sand to hold his ground when asked to block laterally.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ty-sambrailo?id=2552366

You're right den - His reviews are over the place, but I believe he could develop into a nice starter in a year or two at either at RT or G. I'm hoping we get Barksdale back, and Ty can be a solid backup until he's ready. Is there another Tackle you would consider at #72? To me, Sambrailo looks to be the one with the most upside, versatility and durability. His head seems to be in the right place, so I'm guessing he'll work on his strength.

From Gil Brandt:

Offensive tackle Ty Sambrailo (6-5 7/8, 311) did the short shuttle in 4.62 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.37 seconds, and then stood on the rest of his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he was a top performer in his position group in the three-cone drill. Sambrailo is a good player who has a chance to be a high second-round draft pick.

From Dane Brugler:

Sambrailo is a versatile athlete with the light feet and ankle flexibility to hold up in space, showing the football IQ and awareness needed for the next level.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, the Rams made your 1st move (suggestion) and re-signed Tim Barnes (I agree - Very good signing!) and now hopefully they will make your other suggestion and sign either Blalock or Wisniewski (And, I hope they re-sign Barksdale as well at the right price!).

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, the Rams made your 1st move (suggestion) and re-signed Tim Barnes (I agree - Very good signing!) and now hopefully they will make your other suggestion and sign either Blalock or Wisniewski (And, I hope they re-sign Barksdale as well at the right price!).

Me too but that just gets the OL somewhat back to where it was early last season & that was mostly ineffective ....this unit just lacks young healthy talent!