Celebrations? Aint nobody got time for that!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Stranger said:
Charles Ellsworth Goodell (March 16, 1926 – January 21, 1987) was a U.S. Representative and a Senator from New York, notable for coming into both offices under special circumstances following the deaths of his predecessors.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodell</a>
Wow. Who knew Goodell's father had so much in common with Georgia.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy inquired:
On a cognitive level albe I'm in agreement, but c'mon man don't ya just want to see the Bob N Weave again?
My friends and I did it along with the GSOT guys.

Selassie is right too , if they let some of it go on and draw arbitrary lines it's buhshit man.

I'm just old school or maybe just old but no I don't want to see the bob-n-weave again. I do however, want to see plays that would result in celebrations like that.

As for for you and your friends doing it, that's perfectly fine and if I was with you I'd be doing it too (but with more grace and rhythm).

I hate Goodell too but that doesn't mean everything he does is wrong. People should keep in mind that displaying overt celebrations that denigrate the other team have been taboo for many years. Why have they been frowned upon? Certainly not because of fan reaction. It was coming from the players. The divas of todays game have made it all about them and not about the team. Remember when that idiot celebrated at the Cowgirls 50 yard line and got laid out for his trouble? Showed a total lack of respect for the opposition. Showing lots of emotion is fine and a normal human reaction. Hot dogging and it's all about me sharpie stunts should be and are banned.

Just my opinion but I have no doubt that I'll take it to the grave. Why shouldn't the opposing players be shown respect? Does anyone have an answer for that? I could give you thousands of other examples of the lack of respect people in today's world show for almost everything. So many of you think that's OK? Where do you draw the line? I'll answer that for you.
People should always show respect for others even if it's just for the institution and not the individual.

OK, I'm done now. I get dizzy when I'm this high up on my soapbox: :ww:

jjab360

Legend
At least the safety rules I can understand. Maybe not support, but I can understand.

But rules to keep from hurting the other player's feelings? Gimme a friggin break. The raw emotion, excitement, and celebration when you make a big play is a part of the game.

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
They're professionals, they get paid to do this. They should be able to celebrate for doing a good job. I never got upset when people celebrated after tackling me in highschool. I was upset that I got tackled, sure. It's nothing personal though. Now if they were to pelvic thrust my helmet while using a magic marker to write "bitch" on my ass, that'd be a different story.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Guy Mansworth said:
.Now if they were to pelvic thrust my helmet while using a magic marker to write "bitch" on my ass, that'd be a different story.
I think Stud Bossington just showed us where the line should be drawn.

No pun intended. :lol:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Guy Mansworth said:
.Now if they were to pelvic thrust my helmet while using a magic marker to write "bitch" on my ass, that'd be a different story.
I think Stud Bossington just showed us where the line should be drawn.

No pun intended. :lol:

Sent via Tapatalk2.

as i tell my golf partners, play better and we wont lose money....

i think the celebrations are only ridiculous when someone makes a routine tackle or if their team is getting beat by two touchdowns or something. otherwise, let them celebrate however they want to...cellphones, popcorn, leaps into the stands whatever. it doesnt hurt anything, in fact it adds a little something to the game. if the other team doesnt like it, dont let them score.

RustyRay

Rookie
I love the spontaneous celebrations. The thought out and practiced ones not so much...but a big fist pump or quick dance or ball spike? Hell ya.

They are already taking to many things out of the game..why take out the raw emotion?

nighttrain

Legend
Ram Quixote said:
Stranger said:
Charles Ellsworth Goodell (March 16, 1926 – January 21, 1987) was a U.S. Representative and a Senator from New York, notable for coming into both offices under special circumstances following the deaths of his predecessors.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodell</a>
Wow. Who knew Goodell's father had so much in common with Georgia.
funny stuff amigo.... :LOLLLL:
train

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Guy Mansworth missing my points:
They're professionals, they get paid to do this. They should be able to celebrate for doing a good job. I never got upset when people celebrated after tackling me in high school. I was upset that I got tackled, sure. It's nothing personal though. Now if they were to pelvic thrust my helmet while using a magic marker to write "bitch" on my ass, that'd be a different story.

They get paid to play football. They don't get paid to be disrespected. So if I worked along side you at whatever job you do and I did it better than you do it, it would OK for me to disrespect you and the job you did? I seriously doubt that my saying "you get paid to do this job" would stop your fist. :lol:

If you reread my post, you'll see where I specifically said that celebrating doing a good job is normal and perfectly OK. As you yourself pointed out, there are limits that shouldn't be crossed.Who sets those limits? IMO you should err on the side of respect.

Be honest, many of you are condoning bad behavior that you would never condone in your own personal life. Why? Because they're on stage and make a lot of money?

Aren't many of you posting at the ROD because you weren't shown the respect you deserved at other sites? Is it about writing a better post than the other guy and pushing that in their face? Think about that and then tell me which of the behaviors you're condoning in the NFL you would be OK with here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:
Guy Mansworth missing my points:
They're professionals, they get paid to do this. They should be able to celebrate for doing a good job. I never got upset when people celebrated after tackling me in high school. I was upset that I got tackled, sure. It's nothing personal though. Now if they were to pelvic thrust my helmet while using a magic marker to write "bitch" on my ass, that'd be a different story.

They get paid to play football. They don't get paid to be disrespected. So if I worked along side you at whatever job you do and I did it better than you do it, it would OK for me to disrespect you and the job you did? I seriously doubt that my saying "you get paid to do this job" would stop your fist. :lol:

If you reread my post, you'll see where I specifically said that celebrating doing a good job is normal and perfectly OK. As you yourself pointed out, there are limits that shouldn't be crossed.Who sets those limits? IMO you should err on the side of respect.

Be honest, many of you are condoning bad behavior that you would never condone in your own personal life. Why? Because they're on stage and make a lot of money?

Aren't many of you posting at the ROD because you weren't shown the respect you deserved at other sites? Is it about writing a better post than the other guy and pushing that in their face? Think about that and then tell me which of the behaviors you're condoning in the NFL you would be OK with here.

Yeah but my posts are ALWAYS better than yours. :gr: :doink: :ja: :dancin: :dancin: :wootwoot: :spz: :spz: :neener: :gr: That was my sack dance.

Seriously though... I just think it has gotten a bit carried away. Now every decent play comes with a celebration. It's not even just after exceptional plays like sacks, TDs, turn overs, and long runs and passes. Now some schmuck does a dance or acts like a bad ass after stopping someone for a 5 yard run.

I happen to believe that there is far more class in acting like you've been there and expect to be there again. That being said, the NFL is entertainment. That in and of itself makes the line a little blurry. A lot of fans are entertained by the hysterics. Me? I like the play on the field and roll my eyes at the dances and posing after a play.

Hasn't there always been a rule that you weren't allowed to spike the ball except after a TD? Am I remembering incorrectly? I'm pretty sure there was. Why would that be? It couldn't just be for delay of game. It was in order to keep some semblance of civility and sportsmanship in a very violent and emotional game.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
RamFan503 showing he can still cut a mean rug:
Yeah but my posts are ALWAYS better than yours. :gr: :doink: :ja: :dancin: :dancin: :wootwoot: :spz: :spz: :neener: :gr: That was my sack dance.

Seriously though... I just think it has gotten a bit carried away. Now every decent play comes with a celebration. It's not even just after exceptional plays like sacks, TDs, turn overs, and long runs and passes. Now some schmuck does a dance or acts like a bad ass after stopping someone for a 5 yard run.

I happen to believe that there is far more class in acting like you've been there and expect to be there again. That being said, the NFL is entertainment. That in and of itself makes the line a little blurry. A lot of fans are entertained by the hysterics. Me? I like the play on the field and roll my eyes at the dances and posing after a play.

Hasn't there always been a rule that you weren't allowed to spike the ball except after a TD? Am I remembering incorrectly? I'm pretty sure there was. Why would that be? It couldn't just be for delay of game. It was in order to keep some semblance of civility and sportsmanship in a very violent and emotional game.

OK, stop writing posts that I agree with and can't nitpick! :pssd:

Nice dance BTW. I tried to do it myself but I think I pulled a muscle when I got to the :wootwoot: .