Celebrations? Aint nobody got time for that!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1728958-spinning-the-ball-will-get-you-a-penalty-because-the-nfl-is-no-fun?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1728 ... g-national</a>

These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation; or dancing.

Did Long get penalized last year for his? i dont think he did, but he sure should have!!!!!! :roll:

Pretty soon catching the football will garner a penalty :omg:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Personally i think celebrations are good for the game. Gives the fans a chance to cheer with the player. I mean i understand team celebrations being diff but the people who complain about longs celebration love it when their players do it

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Celebrations are a hit with the fans but the opposite side of that is the disrespect you're showing to the players on the other teams. I don't like it and I think back to how bad I felt as a yute when I was pitching and a player hit a HR against me and grandstanded his whole way around the bases.

I remember how Jim Brown played the game and I thought he showed a tremendous amount of class. I really liked the way he got up from every run the exact same way. If you saw him play you'd know what I'm talking about. In addition, nonchalantly tossing the ball back to the ref after you score makes it's own statement about your confidence in your own abilities to repeat that as if it's no big thing.

IMO.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Three words sum up my feelings about the entire article: FUCK ROGER GOODELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does that jackass continue to ruin the sport I love?!!! It's an emotional sport. Players are supposed to celebrate! If opposing players don't like it, then they should try harder! Goodell is proving himself once again to be a total asshole with a fucking tree branch rammed inside of it. He needs to just fucking quit while he's behind, before he loses the respect of everyone. Oh, wait a moment; HE ALREADY FUCKING HAS!!

:amped: :grr: :evil:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Good,,, they took away our Bob & Weave years ago.

I'm expecting flags to come raining down on the next lambeau leap.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the celebrations are fun. It's a game when the players are on the field, the business aspect takes a backseat during the game!

When Chad Johnson was doing his stuff I thought it was great fun and excellent entertainment.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Selassie I said:

jeff fisher took away the bob and weave.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
kurtfaulk said:
Selassie I said:

Single handedly ?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Selassie I said:
kurtfaulk said:
Selassie I said:

Single handedly ?

he was the head of the competition comittee when they squashed it before the 2000 season. i think he was bitter after the superbowl loss.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Meanwhile... the fucking lambitch leap has been allowed to go on and onnnnnn.

You gotta end it all,,, or let it all go. Selective enforcement is fucked.

Kaperdick better get flagged for kissing his puny bicep too. That shit is fucking foul.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
south-park.gif

The future of football ladies and gentlemen...Sarcastaball.

Had to add this one to cause of the Rams colors.

tumblr_mhkctzBkAO1qz8x31o1_400.gif

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
No Fun League.

Well college does that too with the whole can't celebrate running into the endzone.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
kurtfaulk said:
Selassie I said:
kurtfaulk said:
Selassie I said:

Single handedly ?

he was the head of the competition comittee when they squashed it before the 2000 season. i think he was bitter after the superbowl loss.

FYI... The head of the competition committee when it was "outlawed" was actually Denny Green of the Vikings. Just looked that up.

Here's the link ...

<a class="postlink" href="http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/936994.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/clayto ... 36994.html</a>

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't mind celebration so long as they're respectful. It's only when the players douche it up that it irritates me.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Memento said:
Three words sum up my feelings about the entire article: FUCK ROGER GOODELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does that jackass continue to ruin the sport I love?!!! It's an emotional sport. Players are supposed to celebrate! If opposing players don't like it, then they should try harder! Goodell is proving himself once again to be a total asshole with a fucking tree branch rammed inside of it. He needs to just fucking quit while he's behind, before he loses the respect of everyone. Oh, wait a moment; HE ALREADY FUCKING HAS!!

:amped: :grr: :evil:
Roger Goodell is the son of a U.S. Senator. Enuf said.

Charles Ellsworth Goodell (March 16, 1926 – January 21, 1987) was a U.S. Representative and a Senator from New York, notable for coming into both offices under special circumstances following the deaths of his predecessors.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Goodell</a>

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7UgAprdpM[/youtube]

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Tron said:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1728958-spinning-the-ball-will-get-you-a-penalty-because-the-nfl-is-no-fun?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation; or dancing.

Did Long get penalized last year for his? i dont think he did, but he sure should have!!!!!! :roll:

Pretty soon catching the football will garner a penalty :omg:

I have no issue with a player celebrating on his own. The dice that Jax does, spinning the ball or leaping in the stands. I didn't like the props like a cell phone or what not.

BUTTTTTTT. For all you young newbie fans Goodell Is F'ing up the game. As a fan when the Rams score I'm outta my seat jumping yelling high fiving as hard as I can. If a player wants to do a back flip or spin the ball there's nothing wrong with said player letting out his emotions.

Goodell can Kiss my
showing-ass.gif

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
Celebrations are a hit with the fans but the opposite side of that is the disrespect you're showing to the players on the other teams. I don't like it and I think back to how bad I felt as a yute when I was pitching and a player hit a HR against me and grandstanded his whole way around the bases.

I remember how Jim Brown played the game and I thought he showed a tremendous amount of class. I really liked the way he got up from every run the exact same way. If you saw him play you'd know what I'm talking about. In addition, nonchalantly tossing the ball back to the ref after you score makes it's own statement about your confidence in your own abilities to repeat that as if it's no big thing.

IMO.

On a cognitive level albe I'm in agreement, but c'mon man don't ya just want to see the Bob N Weave again?
My friends and I did it along with the GSOT guys.

Selassie is right too , if they let some of it go on and draw arbitrary lines it's buhshit man.