Celebration Thread: Rams @ Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
What was he whining about? I don’t recall any questionable or game changing calls.
The one that stood out, enough to overcome my laughing anyway, was the blocked field goal. He said Brockers illegally hit the long snapper.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
The one that stood out, enough to overcome my laughing anyway, was the blocked field goal. He said Brockers illegally hit the long snapper.

Boo hoo Bruce. He was lined up outside the snapper and didn’t make contact with his head.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hear you. So the fight in the stands was a really young Rams fan, who was drunk, trash talking a Cars fan well in his 60's. Didn't take long for other Rams fans to jump in and tell the young guy to shut his mouth. Then a couple of them started pushing each other. It was so bad, the Sheriff's Deputy on the sideline called in security. They got there pretty quick and tossed both guys out. His girlfriend/wife was screaming at the security guy all the way up the steps.

When we left the game, we were standing next to our car waiting for the lot to clear out. This Rams fan, who was parked by us, was standing with his wife and a couple friends, who were Cards fans. Next thing you know a young Cards fan comes up and starts telling him the Rams suck and got lucky. The Rams guy said something back, so the Cards guy walked back at him and threw a punch. A couple punches were thrown and the Cards fan connected one to the Rams guy's chin and dropped him like a ton of bricks. He was out for almost a minute before coming to. His girlfriend found security and got him medical help. The thing is, the Cards fan initially walked away immediately after knocking this guy out. When security shows up, this clown comes back to start talking trash to the group again. Well, needless to say, when we left it appeared he was being arrested for assault. Talk about stupid.

Edit: One thing they should do at games is stop selling alcohol shortly after the second half starts. There were some really drunk guys towards the end of the game, and it might eliminates some of the crap that goes on between fans. I know it's sales, etc. but who wants to sit around a bunch of drunk belligerent fans? It can really tarnish the game day experience, especially for families with young children or some of the older fans like me.

I actually have a different take on alcohol...

I think they should make it affordable INSIDE the stadium and not allow alcohol in tailgates.

That way, people could buy beer, but they wouldn't enter the stadium toasted (with the current limits, even if it were affordable, you don't wanna miss the game for beers, although some alcoholics will miss anything for a sip of sterno...).

I mean, if anyone NEEDS to drink beer or hard liquor at 9-10 am and they didn't just finish a nightshift at the ER... then something's just wrong that football can't fix.

And yeah, just like everything else, some a-hole has to ruin it for everyone, but it is what it is. Tailgating is fun, but it shouldn't come at the cost of the game day experience.

Also, I think MORE teams need to crack down on drunk fans entering the stadium. That I saw even in Tampa... and the footage from the Meadowlands? Holy crap. The number of drunk, belligerent fans on some of those videos was a disgusting outrage...and that was when they were winning!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Heard Arians on XM NFL Radio show on the drive home. He started the segment with a huge dose of serious whining about the officials...:violin:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...with-officiating-after-blocked-kicks-by-rams/

Bruce Arians displeased with officiating after blocked kicks by Rams
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 6, 2017

roflbot.jpg

Getty Images

Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians is upset with officials after the Los Angeles Rams blocked two kicks last week with tactics that are illegal and were missed by referees.

Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Arians made it clear that he is upset that the Rams twice barreled through long snapper Justin Drescher to block kicks. NFL rules declare a long snapper a “defenseless player,” which should prohibit the type of contact the Rams utilized in blocking an extra point try and a field goal attempt last Sunday.

“While (Drescher’s) head was down there was contact on him,” Arians said.

“I’m on the (NFL Competition) Committee so I know it’s a foul. He’s a defenseless player.”

While defensive tackles Tyrunn Walker and Michael Brockers did not line up over Drescher – which is also prohibited in an attempt to protect long snappers – both players crashed through Drescher to be able to block their respective kicks.

Both Walker and Brockers came through the line over Drescher as Walker blocked an extra point attempt late in the second quarter to keep the Rams’ lead at 16-13. Brockers block came with 11 minutes remaining and the Cardinals trailing 26-16. A successful field goal would have made it a one-score game with plenty of time remaining for Arizona to potentially tie the game.

“Referees on the field tell you everything’s legal,” Arians said. “We have video now on the sideline. That’s the biggest nemesis for officials now (laughs). You feel like it’s not legal and you can’t get an answer and then on Tuesday or Wednesday you get confirmation (from the NFL) that, yes, it was illegal.

“Ron Torbert is a great referee. I had no problems with asking him anything. But it’s the after-the-fact things. You send the tapes in and it’s, ‘Yeah, that should have been called, that should have been called, that should have been called,’ but it’s not and you get very frustrated with it. To me, it’s just the inconsistency.”

Arians renewed his desire to see full-time officials mandated in the hopes of improving consistency. The NFL began hiring full-time officials for the first time last offseason.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I actually have a different take on alcohol...

I think they should make it affordable INSIDE the stadium and not allow alcohol in tailgates.

That way, people could buy beer, but they wouldn't enter the stadium toasted (with the current limits, even if it were affordable, you don't wanna miss the game for beers, although some alcoholics will miss anything for a sip of sterno...).

I mean, if anyone NEEDS to drink beer or hard liquor at 9-10 am and they didn't just finish a nightshift at the ER... then something's just wrong that football can't fix.
Mac, first time in Az.....first Rams game since....maybe 1990....this is maybe 2011 or 2010...I'm in the parking lot fans drinking everywhere...I go in early....wanted to see pregame stuff....people that sit next to me arrive at the end of the first quarter...LIT!!!!! And I mean women in there 50's or 60's.....LIT....drunker than shit....wearing Cards red....talking about the tailgating....I got to the game around 11:30....and everyone was drinking....These women next to me said they arrived at 9am...and had been drinking....LOL....I know they left early too...after a JJ pick 6...think it was his 2nd of the game....Where were they going??? Back to the lot to finish eating and drinking....it's insane....

but I'm not one to end a tradition just cause I'm new or don't understand it....but damn...if this is older women....what the hell do the kids do????