Celebration Thread: Rams@49ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just finished watching the game ...... we made hard work of that huh ?

Mr JG TAKE A BOW KID .....this is why we took him number 1
Gurley . Welcome back
Watkins .. welcome to the team
Woods .. way to redeem yourself fella
Whitworth .. I got a back alley fight wanna come with ?

This team has come so far and has
A long way to go ... but we are 1-0 in the division and that was the most exciting division game in 4 years 41 points .... it was a scrap and fight and the.niners weren't giving up without one and we beat them ... get the fuck in roll on to the Cowboys

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Could have been worse. For as much as we bad mouth him here, his crew beat expectations.

You should be more concerned about our ILBs, returners, and fumbling issues. This was the 9ers we beat tonight, not the Chiefs. Celebrate tonight, work on shoring up some deficiencies in 2 Sundays in Jerrah World.
No, That ref does what he always does, overeacts to QB hits, but not my main concern.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I recall that they couldn't wait for him to get out of Dallas. There is a lot of change ahead for the D.

I was referring to Wade as a D coordinator,though I don't think we would
have run him off so quickly from Rams park.Especially when you consider
our HC's records of late.

Screenshot_2.png

The biggest changes I would foresee,would be our defense committing to learning and playing Wades
D with a little more urgency.Wade's formula is proven,anytime you make a major change in scheme,
it will take time for the players to adjust and become comfortable.

Doubters can doubt on,but I have complete faith that Wade will do the absolute most with
the talent at hand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Paging @LACHAMP46 , put down the chalupa, step away from that noose young fella
Excellent game....

I'll give him his due....Kid played awesome.

we have another "soft" defense in Dallas next. Sorta like the Skins...

Then 3 games that will be huge...and provide a stiffer defensive challenge.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched all of Todd's interview on the post-game show, he is acting completely different this year. He has confidence in the coaching staff and, more importantly, he has confidence in himself again. He was all smiles and seems to actually enjoy football again. That is dangerous for everyone else.
I agree. This was an emotional game for him if you read his face. Last years monkey is now off his back. The relief in knowing he was back to greatness was obvious to me. Todd Gurley showed great tenacity and drive. Proud rammer.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
oS3Qd2AZZ-620x396.png

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/22/rams-49ers-thursday-night-football-nfl-week-3

Takeaways from the Rams’ 41–39 Win Over the 49ers on Thursday Night Football
Expectations were low for this week's Thursday Night Football game, but the Rams and the 49ers—led by their young coaches—put on a show to remember.
JENNY VRENTAS

Three quick thoughts from Rams 41, 49ers 39:

1. Just like we all predicted—ahem—49ers-Rams was the most entertaining prime time game so far this NFL season. Ratings have been sagging. Close games have been fewer and farther between. Scoring was down. And then, just as we were all settling in for another 13–9 Thursday Night Football barnburner … we got a thrilling 41–39 shootout between the two youngest head coaches in the league, with creative play-calling and wild momentum swings.

It was the highest scoring TNF in the series' history, broadcaster Rich Eisen said moments after the game ended. There’s something to be said for offenses starting to coalesce in Week 3, playing more like the regular season and less like an extended preseason. There’s also something to be said for no one ever really knowing what to expect in the NFL. Of course, there was one thing that we did know to expect last night: A half-empty NFL stadium in California.

2. There has (rightly) been focus on the revival of Jared Goff under new Rams coach Sean McVay, but just as important has been Todd Gurley. In three games this season, the running back has already matched his touchdown total (six) in all of 2016. Gurley was the offensive rookie of the year in 2015—the season after he tore his ACL, no less—but his production took a major step back last season.

This year, McVay has made Gurley a centerpiece of the Rams offense, utilizing his skills as both a runner and a pass-catcher, which has been good for both Gurley and Goff. The reason Gurley was the No. 10 pick in the draft, despite his ACL tear five months before, was that some teams viewed him as the best running back to enter the NFL since Adrian Peterson.

3. Was that offensive pass interference on third-and-10? The call was one of the deciding factors of the game, with the penalty against the 49ers negating an 11-yard gain on third-and-10 at the 50-yard-line with just under two minutes to play. Instead of getting a fresh set of downs on the edge of field goal range, the 49ers were backed up 10 more yards and failed to convert on third-and-20 and fourth-and-20, preserving the Rams’ two-point victory.

From the TV replays, at least, the call was very hazy. The official ruled that WR Trent Taylor had pushed off Rams CB Nickell Robey-Coleman, but that was not clearly shown in the camera angle on the NFL Network broadcast. The officiating crew no doubt had a better angle, but you’d like to be pretty certain about a call with that much impact on the outcome of the game.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can we have some consistency now? Is that too much to ask?
Lets act like Rams fans and celebrate a victory over our hated rival in their house after three straight losses. Consistency is for week four.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
That Thursday Night Game was the best there was, an absolute slugfest and a heart-beating nail biter. Great the Rams came out on top, 41-39.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am looking forward to watching this game again. Drink, and enjoy my Friday after work, and celebrate again day 2.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Lets act like Rams fans
that's what I'm tryin to do...call your dogs off me....(y)

every min....:blah:

I'm not trying to look at the negatives....I'm SURE there were many in a game like last night...especially defensively...

I'm hard to please...they should know that....

and you should put something ON THEIR COMMENTS.....every post, you see me looking for shit?! Most exciting Ram game since Indy....:yess:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The McVay "O" was hot last night. Even with the injury to the teams best play maker @ TE Gerald Everett, Throw in the injury to our starting center John Sullivan that forced 2nd season center Austin Blythe to see his first action as a Ram in regular season.

I am so proud of the left side of the OL & the Right side made good on their effort to be better. TE Tyler Higbee continues to improve in his LOS blocking.

Limey

Rookie
Gurley also did a great job of picking up a couple of blitzes as well. Cut out the fumbles and he's the complete back.

DeaconJones

Rookie
Highest scoring Rams game since 2000 - 80 points. Two games higher in 2000: 57-31 win and 54-34 loss.

Gurley could have had 5 TDs with all the 1st and goals at the one. That is the only thing that sticks in my craw - all of the failed bulldozer attempts from the one yard line in the 2nd half. I guess Sullivan was out at that point.

Best line was from ref Triplett - "Offside, offense, everyone on the OL except the center ..." (or something like that).

Ten days to do ball security drills again!

What is Dallas going to do to our defense? Regardless, having a team that can score is real treat. Go Rams.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What is Dallas going to do to our defense? Regardless, having a team that can score is real treat. Go Rams.

It's a good question for sure. That being said, when you have a team that can score a lot of points, and score fast, you then have a team that is never out of the game. It's the flip-side to the philosophy that has dominated the last two regimes, where the focus on defense and keeping games close at the expense of offensive production meant you were always one play away from losing the game.

Gawd, what a refreshing change.