CELEBRATE !! Celebration thread....better than the alternate!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Saints and Rams are both 7-7. Winner has a great road to the playoffs. Loser not so much. One thing to look at, the all of the Saints wins were against Bryce Young twice, Ryan Tannyhill, Mac Jones, Gardner Minshew, Tyson Bagent, and Tommy Devito. Not exactly a murderer's row of quarterbacks.

Its a game we should win. And we should run even more. They're giving up 126 rushing yards per game at 4.5 YPC. Their pass defense seems to be pretty good but I have a feeling thats a little skewed playing against lesser quarterbacks.

0311rams

RomandeacondikersonwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Name
Madrid311
My new conspiracy theory...

The Rams are sandbagging and purposely leaving points on the table. They are saving those scoring plays for the post season, when they will open up the entire can of whoop ass on the NFC's "best".

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!!!
I have to say the plays were very predictable and I was thinking may be McVay is doing just that. plays that are good enough but nothing to creative as we will need them in the playoffs! go rams.

DeaconJones

Rookie
Hoorah for the expected win. Frustrating though, as we could have put up 45 with better execution and less mistakes. It would have been really nice to bring in Wentz, Freeman, Benny Skow, etc., and rest AD in the last 10 minutes if we had been up more.

I didn't understand why they got rid of Mason Crosby again. Unless he is has degraded significantly, 3rd time's a charm!

Even though DK was burned on some passes, big credit for getting the WR down at the 1 yard line. In the end that effectively helped us burn almost 3 additional minutes on the clock before they scored.

I think the consensus was 7 wins on the season. Beating the Saints will be a big FU to that prediction!

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
What's up with this? When I cut and pasted it said "Command-ers"

A search and replace?
If you think that us entertaining type in the name of the Broncos head coach. :laugh4:

Edit: I see I was late to the party with this one.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Feels good to be .500 again with a non-Super Bowl contender looming as the next matchup. Need to stack another win vs the Saints on Thursday. Just find a way boys.

Think we're the better team for sure, but this will be a first round playoff type game atmosphere. Damn near must-win for both teams. One game at a time and looking forward to seeing how this team responds.
Playoffs started for us this game. We won ugly. And that’s ok today because we are alive for Thursday!

NEXT!!! The Saints are a domino. Let’s knock another one down!

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Nice stuff. Do we our big run stuffing DT in Brown? Teams who have those are usually better against the run.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Great stuff! Pun intended.

Question for you.. It looks like Brown, Turner and Young are solid pieces that *should* still improve some going into next season. People might not remember.. Bobby Brown is VERY young. In fact, he's younger that Turner and Young.. and it's his 3rd season.

But the question is.. what additions do you think this team needs to make this pass rush kick ass? We've discussed that, obviously, they need to add an elite edge. Will that be enough?

oldnotdead

Legend
They play too much mixed gap scheme to ever be considered a kick ass type of DL. Morris only switches to one gap when he expects pass. OCs know this and gameplan accordingly. If they simply switch to a one gap attack style then we would see immediate improvement. Jones making all the plays he does is exactly what a 2 gap scheme is designed to do. DL sbsorb blockers and the LBs make the tackles. if they don't it's a big ooops.

Morris is primarily concerned with defending the LOS not penetration and disruption. It even hamstrings Donald snd its why his production is in decline since Morris took over. It's why AD seriously considered retirement after the SB. When a DC plays 2 gap his purpose is to defend the LOS not breakup the play in the backfield which is why unless there is a offensive blocking mistake it never happens on early downs when the Rams are playing 2 gap on the interior.

They play Donald on the edge yet even with an elite pass rusher he needs to be mindful that there is no LB behind him so he must slow his rush to maintain contain. So getting an elite pass rusher wouldn't change much at all. I've been saying it forever. It's not the players as much as how they are played. Morris plays to limit the offense, not breakup plays.

Want a kickass defense then a DC change and scheme change is a prerequisite otherwise the result will be less than you think. You simply have to look at how Morris uses Young and the difference in his play.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
But the question is.. what additions do you think this team needs to make this pass rush kick ass? We've discussed that, obviously, they need to add an elite edge. Will that be enough?
Waves of rushers. More fo the same. Look at some of the good teams, the backups sometimes can come in and do as well as starters,.

#1 get dominant edge...FA, or very high draft pick ... anyone to match with Young
#2 get another guy like Turner ... young, hungry in middle rounds.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
it never happens on early downs when the Rams are playing 2 gap on the interior.

The Rams do not 2 gap. You repeating it over and over does not make it so. And if you think you are right and I am wrong then please by all means post some clips of someone 2 gapping.

I have posted numerous clips and stills of Rams lining up in head-up positions and not 2 gapping and Brandon Staley himself saying they are "definitely" not a 2 gap team and plenty of facts that Morris is running Fangio scheme, just like Staley did. It's not just a preponderance of evidence. It's beyond any reasonable doubt.

So, we are a point of two possibilities—
#1 You still don't know what 2 gap is and do not understand Gap-½
#2 You are aware you are wrong (you cannot counter my receipts) and keep saying the wrong thing so as not to be embarrassed

Both #1 and #2 can each be described in one-word terms. I will save that for later. But if you keep saying the Rams/Morris 2-gap I will keep telling you that you are wrong.

Every. Single. Time.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
They play Donald on the edge yet even with an elite pass rusher he needs to be mindful that there is no LB behind him so he must slow his rush to maintain contain.
confused smirk GIF by Rhett and Link

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Waves of rushers. More fo the same. Look at some of the good teams, the backups sometimes can come in and do as well as starters,.

#1 get dominant edge...FA, or very high draft pick ... anyone to match with Young
#2 get another guy like Turner ... young, hungry in middle rounds.
Sounds like a reasonable plan.
I'm also open to them getting a cheap vet rotational edge type.. one of the guys you can still find in the summer. Just for one more body to throw.