CBS Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
My promise to each and every one of you is that we won't have the 4th overall pick. Barring a trade of course.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
14-2. We've only lost 2 games. 14-2.

We'll pick 32nd and take a linebacker, a guard or a guy like Connor Cook or Sean Mannion (depending on how they fall).

KLM0817

UDFA
Name
Kevin
not sure why we would take a QB -- either Bradford or Davis (or both) is long term answer.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
not sure why we would take a QB -- either Bradford or Davis (or both) is long term answer.
Might be but I don't think you can rely on either 100%. I'd like to see a high-level talent brought in to compete and, if nothing else, provide a long-term backup or trade bait in a couple of years.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
FIrst and most importantly he (and his parents) has stated since last yyear he is going back for his last 2 years. I think the recent focus just solidifies that position. Second, I will take the Sam "distraction" over Rice, Petersen, McDonald & Hardy anytime.

Agreed! I actually like Sam and wish the Rams would have kept him!

V3

Hall of Fame
Bradford is NOT a long term answer. He IS injury prone. (Heck, we still don't even know if he's capable of being a top QB if he could stay healthy.) We still don't know about Davis which is why I want Fisher to keep playing him.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
As important as character is - and it is important - if the Rams have a chance to snatch up Winston - they should do it.

Raise your hand if you weren't a complete idiot when you were 21. Despite being a bonehead off the field, he has a very high football IQ and seems to really love the game.

I'm raising my hand that I wasn't THAT big of an idiot. I don't recall myself or anyone I know gathering rape charges and then shouting something about pussy in a crowded hall. Caught with pot, DUI, running around campus in a flapping toga, no problem. THAT'S the stuff everybody does.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I know he's mentioned before that he plans to play through his senior year at FSU, unless of course NCAA decides otherwise for him. There's really no incentive for a college QB to leave school early, the money ain't getting any better and as previously mentioned, it would do him good to rehab his image for a year or two.

Of course there is incentive to leave early.

1. Injury - it happens in college. Sure, you can get an insurance policy - and I'm sure he has one - but that only mitigated damages, it doesn't generally cover an entire first contract.

2. Career lifespan - when the body goes, it goes. It doesn't matter whether you used 2/15 years in college or 4/15 years in college, the body goes when it goes. Why not get paid for as many years as possible.

3. $$ now. Money today is always worth more than money a year from now.

I doubt it will be necessary for him to rehab his image. Cam Newton went #1 overall with image issues. So did Clowney - to a lesser degree. It's easy to talk about character red flags and taking guys off of your draft board, but when it's time to make a selection, it's got to be really hard to pass on the best player out there.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'm raising my hand that I wasn't THAT big of an idiot. I don't recall myself or anyone I know gathering rape charges and then shouting something about pussy in a crowded hall. Caught with pot, DUI, running around campus in a flapping toga, no problem. THAT'S the stuff everybody does.

Were you in a position where EVERYTHING you said and did became the lead in national sports news?

I'd rather have a clown who can't keep his mouth shut about pussy than one who drinks and gets behind the wheel. Screaming about pussy hurts feelings, DWIs kill people.

The rape thing is a concern, of course. I would expect that many teams near the top of the draft will be doing an extensive investigation into that incident - regardless of what the local police did or didn't do.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Were you in a position where EVERYTHING you said and did became the lead in national sports news?

I'd rather have a clown who can't keep his mouth shut about pussy than one who drinks and gets behind the wheel. Screaming about pussy hurts feelings, DWIs kill people.

The rape thing is a concern, of course. I would expect that many teams near the top of the draft will be doing an extensive investigation into that incident - regardless of what the local police did or didn't do.

The point was he couldn't keep his mouth shut AFTER the "rape thing." Such a minor concern.

and they could have put a camara on me 24/7 even at 21 years old and they wouldn't be reporting rape charges. And, dumb as I was, I was smart enough not to smoke dope anymore to keep a job, I think I could have pulled my act together for potential millions and millions of dollars.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The point was he couldn't keep his mouth shut AFTER the "rape thing." Such a minor concern.

and they could have put a camara on me 24/7 even at 21 years old and they wouldn't be reporting rape charges. And, dumb as I was, I was smart enough not to smoke dope anymore to keep a job, I think I could have pulled my act together for potential millions and millions of dollars.

Its not always so simple for the young, famous, and soon to be stinking rich. I have no idea what happened with this situation - but it isn't unheard of for a girl to cry foul without the guy doing anything wrong. Whether its because they are looking for $$ or because they felt like they got played and its a "I'll show him" kind of thing - false allegations do sometimes happen. I have seen people who did nothing wrong at all - as innocent as you or me - get caught up in horrendous allegations - its a nightmare. Really, you might be better off with a camera on you 24/7.

Still, your point is valid. False allegation or not - the smoke was in the air and that was a really stupid thing to yell out with that smoke in the air.

Memphis Ram

Legend
As important as character is - and it is important - if the Rams have a chance to snatch up Winston - they should do it.

Raise your hand if you weren't a complete idiot when you were 21. Despite being a bonehead off the field, he has a very high football IQ and seems to really love the game.

Yeah, but will this kid remind Fisher too much of Vince Young?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Yeah, but will this kid remind Fisher too much of Vince Young?

There are a lot of flavors of character red flags. The Rams have been pretty consistent with how they have evaluated character guys.

If there is a question regarding your commitment to the game or your love of football - I think you are off the Rams board. I think, more than anything, this was the issue with VY. He loved being a star and he loved the money, but he didn't love the game. The NFL asks a lot of its players, especially QBs - but if your heart isn't in it, you aren't going to put the necessary work in to be a success.

When you do love football, the Rams seem willing to overlook a lot of the other stuff. Drugs, dwis, paternity issues, etc - if you are dedicated to the game, the Rams will give you second, third, and fourth chances. I think they understand how young the kids they are scouting are.

Without talking to Jimbo, its hard to really know which camp Winston falls in - but most of the reports I see praise his high football IQ and his dedication to the team.

Honestly though - I think the most likely scenerio is they build a roster for 2015 with Bradford planned as the starter.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why the hell are picking 4th overall? Its been like 3 games.