CBS Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I know it is WAY too early to be discussing the Draft but I did think it was interesting that the CBS Mock Draft has the Rams selecting Jameis Winston with the 4th overall pick. I am guessing that no matter where he goes or how soon he gets drafted there will be a lot of debate with Winston due to his off the field decisions. I think Winston is going to have a really good season AND stay out of trouble if he hopes to get drafted in the top 10 in the 2015 Draft. With all the extra publicity the Rams had Michael Sam I am not sure they would want to repeat that with Winston.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it is WAY too early to be discussing the Draft but I did think it was interesting that the CBS Mock Draft has the Rams selecting Jameis Winston with the 4th overall pick. I am guessing that no matter where he goes or how soon he gets drafted there will be a lot of debate with Winston due to his off the field decisions. I think Winston is going to have a really good season AND stay out of trouble if he hopes to get drafted in the top 10 in the 2015 Draft. With all the extra publicity the Rams had Michael Sam I am not sure they would want to repeat that with Winston.
Was Mariota off the board already?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Was Mariota off the board already?

They have Tampa taking Mariota at #3. We aren't going to be drafting at the 4th position unless we trade up. I would say a big HELL NO to drafting Winston. Too early to think about next year's draft.

V3

Hall of Fame
I kind of have a feeling that Winston could stay an extra year to try and rehab his image and build his stock for 2016. Could be wrong, though.

vdesai

UDFA
I'd honestly be done with the Rams if we drafted Winston.

I would have to agree with you here. This kid seems like a bad apple and from what I've read about the rape allegations, there was a cover up to protect this kid.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Agreed Yama.

I think Winston will slide if he comes out for the reasons you mention, probably looking at mid to late first at the earliest but I don't see him top ten. As to the Rams drafting him... It terrifies me. Because the Rams will not be selecting in the top ten, even without Bradford. This team is going to start winning at least enough to not be that high.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Winston will drop. Can't sell seats in this day and age with a low character guy, especially when he's a QB.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i notice they cbs draft has the cleveland browns selecting another suspended marijuana happy reciever. (y)

Philly5

Rookie
We are bad enough to pick 4th and people think Fisher will stake his future to a rookie QB? Mariota is the guy I like if we took a QB early. Winston is a hyped headache.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
As important as character is - and it is important - if the Rams have a chance to snatch up Winston - they should do it.

Raise your hand if you weren't a complete idiot when you were 21. Despite being a bonehead off the field, he has a very high football IQ and seems to really love the game.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
As important as character is - and it is important - if the Rams have a chance to snatch up Winston - they should do it.

Raise your hand if you weren't a complete idiot when you were 21. Despite being a bonehead off the field, he has a very high football IQ and seems to really love the game.

Best QB by far in this draft imo as far as actually playing the game goes. I hate his character, but he would give us the best chance to win if we drafted a QB.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best QB by far in this draft imo as far as actually playing the game goes. I hate his character, but he would give us the best chance to win if we drafted a QB.

I agree with you that he will be the best QB (Probably the best player) in the 2015 Draft (If, he does decide to enter tha Draft) but his off-field decisions sure do scare me and I am not sure the Rams will be willing to take that gamble (And, I am an FSU Fan)!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I know he's mentioned before that he plans to play through his senior year at FSU, unless of course NCAA decides otherwise for him. There's really no incentive for a college QB to leave school early, the money ain't getting any better and as previously mentioned, it would do him good to rehab his image for a year or two.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

FIrst and most importantly he (and his parents) has stated since last yyear he is going back for his last 2 years. I think the recent focus just solidifies that position. Second, I will take the Sam "distraction" over Rice, Petersen, McDonald & Hardy anytime.