CBS gives Rams B+ for Robinson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
STOP FUCKING GRADING PICKS WHO HAVENT EVEN PRACTISED YET

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
He will solidify the line for 10-15 years. He will be groomed into a dominant LT watch

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Haha! They gave us a B+?

I guess they liked someone better, otherwise it makes no sense.

jjab360

Legend
He will solidify the line for 10-15 years. He will be groomed into a dominant LT watch
This isn't the same ol' same ol' either, this kid is a beast. Here's him standing next to pro bowl OT Tyron Smith who was considered a freak and Greg actually ran faster than him.

robinson_smith300_h7cjkxa6_hz2zqj9f.jpg

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
STOP freaking GRADING PICKS WHO HAVENT EVEN PRACTISED YET
I think it mainly comes from the idea that we drafted a tackle when we already had a LT and that's not conventional.

It may turn out very smart in the future, but I can see why there's doubt now.

Had the Rams picked Manziel at #2, he wouldn't have practiced (forgive my American spelling. I'm an unwashed heathen.) yet either, but many people would criticize the pick.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
And actually I'm looking at CBS' site now and I'm perplexed.... here's the description: "An easy pick. They had to take Robinson. He will play guard and then move to left tackle."

How on Earth is the pick they "had" to make only a B+?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This isn't the same ol' same ol' either, this kid is a beast. Here's him standing next to pro bowl OT Tyron Smith who was considered a freak and Greg actually ran faster than him.

They should put a normal human being - or a car - in that picture for perspective.

RustyRay

Rookie

He looks like Smith's big brother...Look at the size of his arms..

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm still worried about his pass blocking, but if coach Boo thinks he can do it, I'll trust him.

jjab360

Legend
He looks like Smith's big brother...Look at the size of his arms..
The guy is just massive lol. And not the Rokevious Watkins type of massive, either. This guy has all of his weight in the right places, pretty much the prototype build for a 330 lb OT.

scifiman

You cant really have a grade that means anything right now and it is what it is. I dont care what grades any of these gossip rumor monger sports reporters say. All I care about is if he performs as advertised. A grade may have more validity after a few years. Either way, who cares. Just someones opinion anyway.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
You cant really have a grade that means anything right now and it is what it is. I dont care what grades any of these gossip rumor monger sports reporters say. All I care about is if he performs as advertised. A grade may have more validity after a few years. Either way, who cares. Just someones opinion anyway.
I'm still confused with the grade given the description text... it makes no sense. The Rams made the easy pick... the only pick they could... and it's a B+?

That's like telling a student "You got every question right, but it was an easy test and you're really smart. B+." That's nonsense.

Maybe it was a case of them not trading down and still getting Robinson, but if no one's giving you a good offer, you take your guy.

I'm a teacher. Stupid grading irks me.

scifiman

I'm still confused with the grade given the description text... it makes no sense. The Rams made the easy pick... the only pick they could... and it's a B+?

That's like telling a student "You got every question right, but it was an easy test and you're really smart. B+." That's nonsense.

Maybe it was a case of them not trading down and still getting Robinson, but if no one's giving you a good offer, you take your guy.

Probably because they did not have him mocked there. They wanted Watkins or Mack or even Manzeil. Who knows. Like I said just filler. Means nothing. Dont give it any power. Robinson will be a good pick.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
How can you justify a B for taking the best overall player at that slot? How do you get an A then?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
How can you justify a B for taking the best overall player at that slot? How do you get an A then?
Maybe it's like WWE, where Triple H insisted on calling Daniel Bryan, the hottest thing going in wrestling right now, a "B+ player". But football isn't supposed to be scripted.

Of course, Triple H's real name is Paul Levesque, and of course, you cannot trust anyone named Paul.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

You are correct....
It's just that CBS is a collection of talking turds.