CB Over FS High

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Memphis Ram fearing he's lost:
You've lost me Alan. Let's start again.

The way Williams described the use of his safeties says to me that they are not the playmakers in his defense. VERY important. Nothing you saw last year matters because they were not playing in his defense. BTW, I don't believe it was the safeties that forced the team to play too much zone. IMO, it had more to do with the defensive coordinator/scheme and it's bend but don't break mindset.

As for the safeties I listed, each one of those guys were playmakers in college, too. And what should make me think that Ha-Ha would make the same plays if given the same opportunities?

As far as the Oline playmaker thing, I haven't a clue of what you are talking about given the topic at hand.:confused:
Sorry, I'll try again.

I disagreed with your post for two reasons. You said that it doesn't sound like the safeties are the playmakers in his defense(s) and that's just what you're reading into it. It may be true but it could be just as easily the CBs he's talking about. They problem with this is we're not talking on a level playing field. Since you think that the lack of a FS wasn't the problem last year, even though they said it was for that reason, then we come at this from a completely different perspective. Thus my comment about great safety play being vital in Williams D even though they probably wouldn't be the playmakers per se.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sorry, I'll try again.

I disagreed with your post for two reasons. You said that it doesn't sound like the safeties are the playmakers in his defense(s) and that's just what you're reading into it. It may be true but it could be just as easily the CBs he's talking about. They problem with this is we're not talking on a level playing field. Since you think that the lack of a FS wasn't the problem last year, even though they said it was for that reason, then we come at this from a completely different perspective. Thus my comment about great safety play being vital in Williams D even though they probably wouldn't be the playmakers per se.

Yeah. We are sort of on two different planets here. I struggle to see how playing the safeties deeper than everybody in order to get-out with the corners, linebackers and nickels = the safeties being the playmakers in the defense he's planning.

As far as the lack of FS effect on the Rams defense, if Fisher's Titans teams, post Williams, didn't play the same style of defense with decent veterans, it would be easier to buy the safety reasoning when it comes to last year's defense.

Ram_of_Old

Yes, Williams Blitzes will take some pressure off our secondary, but we really need to shore up our DBs and SS.