Cb In The 1st Round??????? But Which One?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This i more of a debate within myself. I am having a tough time deciding between who i like more, Darqueze Dennard or Justin Gilbert.

They both have shut down ability.

This is how i see them:

Dennard = Darrelle Revis

Gilbert = Deion Sanders

Denard is the more sound cover man, but Gilbert has superior athleticism and can chase a man down better. Both have amazing instincts, but Dennard has been solid his whole career, while Gilbert had a down year last year. Gilbert can also return kick offs, and has 5 kick off returns for td's to his name.

So basically, who do I want? Revis or Sanders? It's really a no lose situation but i gotta decide on one.

jjab360

Legend
I wouldn't go nearly as far as Revis or Sanders, though they're both pretty good prospects. Dennard is the more shutdown prospect of the two, but Gilbert is more athletic and the bigger playmaker. Ultimately, I don't see Dennard falling to 13, so I don't really see us having a choice in the matter.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I wouldn't go nearly as far as Revis or Sanders, though they're both pretty good prospects. Dennard is the more shutdown prospect of the two, but Gilbert is more athletic and the bigger playmaker. Ultimately, I don't see Dennard falling to 13, so I don't really see us having a choice in the matter.

When are people going to learn that when you compare rookies to all-pro's that all your doing in this situation is comparing the type of player they are. Which is the exact same thing you did without mentioning names. It's the same damn thing!

rant over.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

It was more of a losely based comparison, i know neither are those players, but those are the best case scenario's i could to from each of them.

jjab360

Legend
When are people going to learn that when you compare rookies to all-pro's that all your doing in this situation is comparing the type of player they are. Which is the exact same thing you did without mentioning names. It's the same damn thing!

rant over.
That was odd... Anyways, I have no problem comparing college players to pros, but using the equal sign to compare someone to GOATs implies that you think they are the same level of talent, not just that they are similar types of players, imo.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That was odd... Anyways, I have no problem comparing college players to pros, but using the equal sign to compare someone to GOATs implies that you think they are the same level of talent, not just that they are similar types of players, imo.

When i used the equal sign, i didn't mean to say they are on the same talent level, that would be stupid on my part, as no prospect is on any level of a NFL player. I really did mean that they had similar types of playing styles to those NFL players. That is my bad that i didn't explain it better.

Alan

Legend
jjab360 looking at one option:
Doesn't mean you can't draft him at 6 or 8. Get your OT at 13 and a FS and WR in the second. That would be my preference.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Doesn't mean you can't draft him at 6 or 8. Get your OT at 13 and a FS and WR in the second. That would be my preference.
What about an OG in the 2nd where the elite ones will go? If they hire me as GM before then, the Rams will have 3 2nd round picks to go with the 2 1st rounders and I take two stud OGs and the O line is set. :wink:

Alan

Legend
Damn good idea Husker! FS and two OGs in the second sounds good to me.

Jason Verrett, TCU.

I don't think it matters that much who we draft if we continue playing this play 10 yards off pass D.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
Why do we need a corner in the first round? Jenkins and Johnson are more than capable starters- it's the 10-yard cushion system that's rubbish.

We may need a third corner for the nickel package but guard, free safety and possibly left tackle are more pressing needs.

Why do we need a corner in the first round? Jenkins and Johnson are more than capable starters- it's the 10-yard cushion system that's rubbish.

We may need a third corner for the nickel package but guard, free safety and possibly left tackle are more pressing needs.

I'd list CB and WR as needs but not pissed if we don'ts (NBNPIWD wonder if that will ever catch on), whereas FS, OG and OT are definite needs.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Personally, I want the gambling playmaker to pair up with Jenks. Our QB's would be pretty nervous on passes to WO's knowing those two are lurking in the depths.