Catch Rule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DB’s will continue to try to do this regardless of possession rules,right?
What will change or has changed about a WR being lit up?

nothing is gonna change. dbs will still light up wrs. i was talking about them fumbling the ball. making a football move was a fantastic rule addition. and it seems by the competition committee's latest recommendation they still feel it's needed to define a fumble.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
nothing is gonna change. dbs will still light up wrs. i was talking about them fumbling the ball. making a football move was a fantastic rule addition. and it seems by the competition committee's latest recommendation they still feel it's needed to define a fumble.

It appears though that they added a bit of clarification to make it clearer. Guess we'll see.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It appears though that they added a bit of clarification to make it clearer. Guess we'll see.

i think everybody already knew that clarification - 3rd step, reaching out, time to make a move. that's common sense.

but they did remove the surviving the ground part of the definition. that will make almost everybody happy, especially nimrods like worthless.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Good news, all—

NFL is going to make some changes to the catch rule and it’s gonna be much, much, much better.

Refs will still screw up occasionally, but at least the RULE ITSELF will be a good one that uses common sense.

Link below to the new proposed rule, plus an interesting discussion between Rich Eisen and Troy Vincent about how the new changes will be implemented.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...h-rule-recommendations-revealed-ahead-of-vote

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Now make PI 15 yards, and all's right with the world.

If you do that, you give the D a tremendous advantage. Any long play that could be a catch...PI.

I think they just need uniform call of the existing rule.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
If you do that, you give the D a tremendous advantage. Any long play that could be a catch...PI.

I think they just need uniform call of the existing rule.

Right - as in all this country needs is honest politicians. Ain't happening - ever.