Catastrophism Theory; Earth’s Magnetic Pole Flip and Tilt

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay… Maybe you’ve heard of this theory?

I don’t know where I stand on some of this stuff, but the general theory is described below. Even Einstein believed a version of this…

Here it is, as I understand it;

About every ~12,000yrs, the earth’s magnetic poles reverse (magnetic flipping seems universally accepted as having happened before). This theory includes the tilting of the earth 90 degrees, Peru at the south pole, Bay of Bengal / India north pole. Australia is in the north. Both poles today are at the equator.

When this happens the earth is mostly destroyed by earthquakes, tidal waves, volcanos, and a deep freeze. Only a few humans survive. The world starts over.

In 12,000 years, it all happens again and the earth goes back to today’s current position. Back and forth, every 12,000yrs.

They say this explains tropical coral and fossils found at the North Pole, South Pole, Antarctica, and other unexplained anomalies of this type around the world. Such as ringless trees in Norway.

The 12,000yr cycle shows in sediment samples around the world. They have tracked back 60,000yrs, but thats about as far as the evidence goes.

This catastrophe is brought on by a weakening of the earth’s magnetic field (which is happening now) and movement in our magnetic poles (also happening now)… With the tilt event triggered through a micro nova or super flare from our own sun. Something like or stronger than the Carrington Event of 1859. (Which is a topic itself had that event happened with our current modern electrical infrastructure… with another in 2012 that missed the planet by 7-10 days of orbit. Again, topics by themselves).

“Glass” found on the moon missions, suggests solar blasts in our past. Moon dust has been converted to glass by experiment on earth simulating a solar blast.

They say this catastrophe explains all the stories of historical floods, and other stories past down from generations. The few survivors would pass along what happened to us… we all become a part of the new Noah’s ark, Atlantis, continent of Mu, etc.

This first video is 1hr 19min... but the first 15 minutes or so gives you the gist.

The second video gets right into the flipping over.

Anyway it all sounds a little whack, but some of the data makes sense. Anyone study up on this kind of thing?

Oh, spoiler; its due to happen any time now. :censored:

View: https://youtu.be/B_zfMyzXqfI

View: https://youtu.be/iiXEL70xmzk

Other stuff;

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Will the water in my sinks & toilets be draining in the opposite direction, will we need to start driving forward from the left side, when doing a headstand, will I actually be right-side up ... people want to know.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In a college Geology class we discussed this. I believe it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I understood it as the outer crust does not flip. The flipping occurs on the inner core or the planet. So its not as dramatic of an effect.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NASA has a slightly different take:

Earth has settled in the last 20 million years into a pattern of a pole reversal about every 200,000 to 300,000 years, although it has been more than twice that long since the last reversal. A reversal happens over hundreds or thousands of years, and it is not exactly a clean back flip.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NASA has a slightly different take:

Earth has settled in the last 20 million years into a pattern of a pole reversal about every 200,000 to 300,000 years, although it has been more than twice that long since the last reversal. A reversal happens over hundreds or thousands of years, and it is not exactly a clean back flip.

Yeah, the guy in the original post disputes some of the NASA data. Not saying he‘s right.

I want to go back and refresh why he was convinced of the 12,000yr cycle. But that might have been separate from the magnetic field frequency. He might have been using the weakening of the field as reason we were vulnerable to sun flare.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understood it as the outer crust does not flip. The flipping occurs on the inner core or the planet. So its not as dramatic of an effect.
The magnetic poles change. They have measured older rocks for polarity and they don't match the current polarity of North and South. The poles were quite different when there was super continent Pangea or Gondwana before that

Per Nasa:
"Scientists understand that Earth's magnetic field has flipped its polarity many times over the millennia. In other words, if you were alive about 800,000 years ago, and facing what we call north with a magnetic compass in your hand, the needle would point to 'south.' This is because a magnetic compass is calibrated based on Earth's poles"

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The magnetic poles change. They have measured older rocks for polarity and they don't match the current polarity of North and South. The poles were quite different when there was super continent Pangea or Gondwana before that

Per Nasa:
"Scientists understand that Earth's magnetic field has flipped its polarity many times over the millennia. In other words, if you were alive about 800,000 years ago, and facing what we call north with a magnetic compass in your hand, the needle would point to 'south.' This is because a magnetic compass is calibrated based on Earth's poles"

https://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/dynamic/developing.html This sounds similar to a show i watched awhile back that talked about rocks in the same general area having different polarities to them.

Early in the 20th century, paleomagnetists (those who study the Earth's ancient magnetic field) -- such as Bernard Brunhes in France (in 1906) and Motonari Matuyama in Japan (in the 1920s) -- recognized that rocks generally belong to two groups according to their magnetic properties. One group has so-called normal polarity, characterized by the magnetic minerals in the rock having the same polarity as that of the Earth's present magnetic field. This would result in the north end of the rock's "compass needle" pointing toward magnetic north. The other group, however, has reversed polarity, indicated by a polarity alignment opposite to that of the Earth's present magnetic field. In this case, the north end of the rock's compass needle would point south. How could this be? This answer lies in the magnetite in volcanic rock. Grains of magnetite -- behaving like little magnets -- can align themselves with the orientation of the Earth's magnetic field. When magma (molten rock containing minerals and gases) cools to form solid volcanic rock, the alignment of the magnetite grains is "locked in," recording the Earth's magnetic orientation or polarity (normal or reversed) at the time of cooling.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This is awesome, ... bring on the floating rocks we saw in 'Avatar'.

1645658687096.png