Casserly: "I rate Watkins ahead of Julio Jones"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you were enamoured with height yes. LOL but if you were an NFL talent evaluator you'd see Watkins for the stud he is.

If Jones & Watkins were both in this Draft we would not be talking about Watkins.....Jones all day, every day, every hour and every minute....not even close to Jones IMO. Even I would be pulling for a WR with the #2 and Jones would be my choice.

That's not all he does well:

sJcNY.gif

816272580.gif

clowney-vs-vandy-2013.gif

CLOWNEY-gifulmination.gif

It's not the highlight plays I worry about, there's no denying he can make some really nice plays.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I wonder if all the receivers not named Sammy Watkins in this years draft realize how much they suck.

If they did they'd probably just skip the draft altogether and put those communications degrees to work for them.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Not at all what I'm saying.

What I AM saying is the Rams are at a point where they can no longer wait years for a wr to FINALLY develope and Watkins IMO is the ONLY plug and play wr in this draft.

I wouldn't assume a receiver is plug and play in the NFL. That's why I would not draft Watkins over Clowney.

Still, I wouldn't be pissed.

Until we played Clowney and lost Sam again for the season.

I wonder if all the receivers not named Sammy Watkins in this years draft realize how much they suck.

If they did they'd probably just skip the draft altogether and put those communications degrees to work for them.

How can they not, RFIP can see it, you'd think they can too.

I wouldn't assume a receiver is plug and play in the NFL. That's why I would not draft Watkins over Clowney.

Still, I wouldn't be pissed.

Until we played Clowney and lost Sam again for the season.

Man Clowney against whoever is playing LT for us in game 1 now that would be scary.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Where is Prime Time when you need him? I think we need a Top Ten Sammy Watkins Facts list! :D

t5k9cz.jpg

Top Ten Sammy Watkins Facts:

1. Sammy Watkins has more speed than a drug dealer.
2. Sammy Watkins and Batman went on double dates.
3. Sammy Watkins trained Darth Vader.
4. When you put Sammy Watkins in your GPS, he's always right behind you.
5. Sammy Watkins is the reason NWA ran Straight Outta Compton.
6. Sammy Watkins has a diary. It's called the Guinness Book of World Records.
7. Sammy Watkins doesn't wear a watch. He decides what time it is.
8. Sammy Watkins beat the sun in a staring contest.
9. Sammy Watkins can strangle you with a cordless phone.
10. Sammy Watkins makes onions cry.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If he's better than Julio than he needs to be the pick, period. That's where my doubts begin.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Maybe the Rams should go ahead and draft Clowney and play him at DE and LT.
You know, bring back the days of the two-way player.

With all of his upside, I see absolutely no reason it shouldn't work.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Hilarious! Love the Zach Galifianakis reference as well. We Rams fans need some levity. Especially now that we're mashing our teeth about ridiculous, hypothetical topics that have zero basis in reality. :D

RamsFan14

Starter
Think some of you guys are being a bit cruel here. Sammy Watkins seems like a pretty great talented WR and I can understand why he's getting a lot of hype. When watching him, he does seem pretty fast with the pads on (I was a bit disappointed with the 40 time, but I think he's faster then a 4.42 considering he seemed to out run a lot of defenders on the field. Idk if I saw many DB's catching up to Watkins once he reached full speed, pretty impressive!). Great hands, fights for the ball, quickness seems pretty good, and he seems to WANT it. I can also see comparisons to Jones talent wise, nothing wrong with Watkins being a bit better or worse, both seem to be on similar level all the way around. Let's not get carried away with Jones being way superior just because he's beasted the NFL. As a prospect, he had his flaws but he's surely has worked on them. Only think I think Jones really has on Watkins is height, which ehhh it's important, but not the end of the world for Watkins lol.

I'd welcome Watkins to the Rams (even though I think we should look consider other options based on the team needs), he's very talented and he seems to deserve the hype he's getting. Hard worker, very very well rounded, and he could be that outside WR we've been looking for. Austin playing slot/outside (from time to time) with Watkins, looks very nice. Watkins being a bit big for his size too helps, hopefully he can go over the middle of the field and make some plays.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Well if this is a deeper draft than the year Jones came out and one of the deepest WR prospects for a draft and Sammy is leading that, hard to think that he's not better than Jones and on Greens level.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if this is a deeper draft than the year Jones came out and one of the deepest WR prospects for a draft and Sammy is leading that, hard to think that he's not better than Jones and on Greens level.

Deeper draft just means there are more talented players not that the guys at the top are necessarily better

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
t5k9cz.jpg

That's my boy!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
11 Sammy Watkins hits the light switch and is in bed before the room gets dark.

t5k9cz.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This is a deep WR draft. Why? Not that there is just potential but an entire hand full of "Plug-n-play" guys. Watkins, Evans, Beckham, Mathews, Robinson and even Lee and Landry fit the bill. But as always, WRs are one of the bigger risks come draft time. Often times, their college game doesn't quite translate at first and more times than not takes two to three seasons to become a #1 if that's what they are destined to be. And there's been exceptions as of late in Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones etc. but it's not the norm.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
11 Sammy Watkins hits the light switch and is in bed before the room gets dark.

12. Sammy Watkins eats kryptonite for breakfast.
13. Sammy Watkins just got a telegram from the last guy he hit saying the guy is STILL BACKING UP!