Casserly: "I rate Watkins ahead of Julio Jones"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So you're "watching the tape" with an eye on who we already drafted? And that is an unbiased evaluation?

I, like most, watch his tape and see a super star. And I could give a rats ass less who we drafted in years past.

That's what you decided to pick out of that post? Nice spin.

I realize you see him that way. There's no doubt about it. No one is trying to take your opinion away from you or belittle it (your approach maybe). Many might not agree with it but... so? The fact that you don't think we should look at players we currently have to determine whether we should take him is also your opinion. Got it. Fine with it.

Taking that and saying that "most" see him as a super star is a bit of a stretch. Why would NFL.com for example only have him rated at a 7.0? It would be true to say that most view him as the best receiver in this draft. Though I haven't seen many throw around the term super star when talking about him. You may be the first.

And I'm not sure there is such a thing as an unbiased evaluation. I think you're getting a little silly with this. I can look at tape of the guy and see the receiver for what I think he is. I can watch and see if I think he is a very rare player for his position - one we are not likely to see the likes of again anytime soon. I can then look at our team and consider whether he is a real and significant upgrade to his side of the ball. If I see a prospect out there and he is a potentially great player and we happen to have a need there, that's going to sway my opinion too. I'm mostly a BPA guy at the top of the draft but not purely so.

The problem is that I don't consider Watkins the BPA nor do I consider him strikingly better than the very young and unproven (either way) WRs we have. Nor do I see him as a game changing type WR as a pro or on this team. I realize you do and that is your opinion. But get that your opinion means nothing more to me than your average poster on the internet. I'm guessing you feel the same about mine. That's cool.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 feeling slighted:
Posted January 28, 2011 (before Julio was drafted...much less in the NFL)

My opinion, while far from infallible, hasn't changed much at all on Julio since his final year in college. I loved the guy as a prospect. And I've loved what I've seen in the NFL. I'm not one to revise history when it comes to my opinions in hindsight.(unless I make a honest error)
Did I say Memphis? I meant Memphis and jrry. :)

Alan

Legend
LOL! What I really meant to say (I was just testing you guys with my other two posts) is that it would be virtually impossible for anyone who isn't a dyed in the wool RODite to resist the urge to let subsequent events influence their decisions. Whew! You guys passed my little test with flying colors! (y)
upload_2014-4-14_21-41-56.jpeg