Casserly has Mariota on board after Rams pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Marriota still on the board AFTER we pick,
maybe until , but how could Fisher cover his ass better in the Bradford trade?

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I was already thinking that, with all the "bad pro day" news about Mariota, that he might be available to us at #10... meaning, we could trade with whoever still wants him. Actually, I have a feeling that the "bad pro day" is a ploy for Mariota to be available to Chip to trade up to draft him.... maybe even with US!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would pick him. Foles is a Free agent after next season. He could command a lot of money if he plays well this year. If they have Mariota and get him some chances maybe they could find out if they think he would be good enough to start then let Foles walk and have a cheap QB for about 4 years.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Marriota still on the board AFTER we pick,
maybe until , but how could Fisher cover his ass better in the Bradford trade?

I think we pass on him. Our team could so badly use Brandon Scherff or Amari Cooper (please!) - Mariota would compete with Foles this year and probably end up becoming a serviceable starter. I honestly don't think he's better than that. I could well be wrong but I'm not an NFL scout...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Won't happen. He doesn't get passed the jets. If he does, he doesn't get passed us.

We have Foles on a one year deal currently. We're going to take a qb in this draft.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
If he were there at 10, I think the Rams "should" take him, but they won't. At some point Snead and Fisher's regime is going to take the next step and win some games. A top 10 pick should be able to help your team from day 1. I can't see these guys taking a chance like that. The seat is going to heat up in a hurry if they stumble out of the gates again next year.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If he's there at 9, someone probably trades up for him. Honestly someone probably trades up for him before then.

V3

Hall of Fame
I would pick him. Foles is a Free agent after next season. He could command a lot of money if he plays well this year. If they have Mariota and get him some chances maybe they could find out if they think he would be good enough to start then let Foles walk and have a cheap QB for about 4 years.
If he plays well next season, PAY HIM!! It's too damn hard to find a QB that can play. If they drafted Mariota and Foles played well, you'd trade Mariota. You don't let a good thing go, especially at QB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

If he plays well enough to earn a big payday I want the Rams to be the team giving him the money, not another team.

@jrry32 I can't wait to rub your nose in the complete and utter failure that will be your QB choices in this draft bwahaha.....

(im goofing and you know that)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rainram

Starter
As much as I agree with jrry on many of his talent evaluations...I disagree on Mariota.

Id find a trade in this scenario or take the best OL or WR.